• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ACTJRU U18 & ACT Schools XV 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Did these trials take place? If so, anybody know the team?
Yep, they were on today. I wouldn't expect the team to be announced until after the weekend. Would give them time to watch some of the kids playing on the weekend if they were undecided about a few.

Equation

Stan Wickham (3)
Went down and had a watch of the trials today. The trials today were very poor. There were people out there who looked like they had never played football before. This trial from what I understand was to get into the Public Schools (CSC) team to play the Private Schools (ASC) in a few weeks. After they will then name the ACT Schoolboys after that match. Obviously form on the weekends will play a big factor in selections as there a few Schoolboys scouts out at the matches each weekend. Anyone got any talk or tips about the games this weekend. Expect Grammar and Dara to be a cracker and Eddies and Norths to be a good game from what I understand Norths were missing 4-5 key players from the weekend so we will see if that changes anything.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Yep, they were on today. I wouldn't expect the team to be announced until after the weekend. Would give them time to watch some of the kids playing on the weekend if they were undecided about a few.

In a small state like the ACT I'm sure 90% of the team was already decided on.

Equation

Stan Wickham (3)
Some candidates for the forwards
Props: Tyrel Lomax (S.E), Folau Fifita (S.E), Falelei Sione (VIKINGS), Greg Fatiki (VIKINGS), Sioli Tuita (VIKINGS)
Hooker: Connal McInerney (VIKINGS)
Second Row: Callum Richardson (NORTHS), Josh Pearce (S.E)
Flankers: James Kazias (MARIST), Dean Paragalli (MARIST), Andrew Fifita (S.E)
Number 8: Siuta Tai (MARIST)

Stephen Roland

Bob McCowan (2)
Went out and watched the St Edmunds opens games today. I must say they looked way to strong in all three grades and were convincing winners in each. In the First XV game against norths they were the stronger team for most of the match, despite playing with 14 players for much of the match thanks to a yellow card followed not to long after by a red. Norths were able to come away with some consolation tries at the end of the game. Not sure what all the fuss about Norths is this year. Eddies looks way to strong, it will be interesting to see how they match up against Marist in a few weeks time.

Equation

Stan Wickham (3)
Went out and watched the St Edmunds opens games today. I must say they looked way to strong in all three grades and were convincing winners in each. In the First XV game against norths they were the stronger team for most of the match, despite playing with 14 players for much of the match thanks to a yellow card followed not to long after by a red. Norths were able to come away with some consolation tries at the end of the game. Not sure what all the fuss about Norths is this year. Eddies looks way to strong, it will be interesting to see how they match up against Marist in a few weeks time.
Went to watch the game as well.. I definitely agree Eddies were the stronger team. In the second half however the Norths backline ran rampant making breaks almost every time they touched the ball. Eddies definitely look like the best team in the competition at the moment. But I would think Norths will be there come finals time alongside Marist and whoever else, that is if they get a bit more mongrel and technique into their forwards. Backline v Backline it was quite an interesting show with the fullback for Norths looking almost untouchable. For Eddies both the centers were very dangerous until one was red carded. Just my thoughts..

Daniel Denton

Stan Wickham (3)
Grammar beat Daramalan 23-22 after the siren. I've been told in particular from a Dara supporter that the refereeing in the second half was appalling after the referee's actually changed roles in the second half, which I myself deemed quite strange. He called it "corruption from scummy grammar". Now I myself asked my Grammar mate if it had been bad refereeing and he reluctantly disagreed. He did say however, that Daramalan were quite unlucky. At the end of the day, if Daramalan want to be there at the end of the year, losing a game like this could bite them on the back side.

Daniel Denton

Stan Wickham (3)
What did Eddies win by? And who is the Norths fullback? Is he white, black, or polynesian (tanned) ? I'm not asking in a racist way, I'm just trying to pin point who it may be.

Equation

Stan Wickham (3)
Grammar beat Daramalan 23-22 after the siren. I've been told in particular from a Dara supporter that the refereeing in the second half was appalling after the referee's actually changed roles in the second half, which I myself deemed quite strange. He called it "corruption from scummy grammar". Now I myself asked my Grammar mate if it had been bad refereeing and he reluctantly disagreed. He did say however, that Daramalan were quite unlucky. At the end of the day, if Daramalan want to be there at the end of the year, losing a game like this could bite them on the back side.
Very unlucky.. Dara, Grammar and Norths will be competing for that 4th finals spot I'd say..

Equation

Stan Wickham (3)
Weekend's Fixtures

St. Edmunds V Daramalan, @ Daramalan
I predict Eddies comfortably by 20+
Marist V Grammar, @ Grammar
Marist by a few tries
Uni Norths V Vikings, @ Kaleen North Oval
Norths by a few tries
Wests V ADFA, @ O'Connor
Wests by 20+

Status