• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ACTJRU U18 Competition & ACT Schools XV 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Does any1 have the draw for the rest of the reason/including finals dates?

Looked on RugbyLink and only half the season is showing.

Steve Griffiths

Bob McCowan (2)
Walking passed Marist this arvo and noticed a lot of unfamiliar Polynesian boys training, possibly a new recruitment strategy happening down that way???

Ja Ja Binx

Frank Row (1)
Walking passed Marist this arvo and noticed a lot of unfamiliar Polynesian boys training, possibly a new recruitment strategy happening down that way???

Mate they are on music scholarships get real. Also reports are telling me the entire eddies team is injured after having a few mishaps during their annual table tennis comp

Steve Griffiths

Bob McCowan (2)
Can't tell if you're being serious mate, it's clear to me that Marist have finally jumped on the eddies bandwagon and began recruiting players from far and wide. You know what they say, if you can't beat em, join em

Ja Ja Binx

Frank Row (1)
Grammar are hot favourites to really challenge the strong willed bradford team of their star forward was picked for higher honours. What interests me though is how will the final 5 rounds go

Anthony Smith

Peter Burge (5)
Been a bit quiet on here lately!
Unusual to see the cancellations last week, first time in a long time one would predict! Now that will see Grammar and Marist on the same amount of points for fourth unless an upset occurs?
Two look to be great games with Marist Eddies and Vikings Dara, who's winning them?
Or any other news?

Oliver Blaney-Brown

Frank Row (1)
Been a bit quiet on here lately!
Unusual to see the cancellations last week, first time in a long time one would predict! Now that will see Grammar and Marist on the same amount of points for fourth unless an upset occurs?
Two look to be great games with Marist Eddies and Vikings Dara, who's winning them?
Or any other news?

Evening Anthony. Bit of unusual weather surely spiced up the ladder a little bit, made for a much more difficult tipping comp among the old boys and myself. Expecting Marist to come up trumps, by less than 10, due to conditions that favour Marist's dominant forward pack. Expecting the Eddies boys to have a strong first half but fade late into the second. As for Vikings - Dara, the tale of the tape is that Dara are fielding a much larger forward pack, with some small losses in the rear. Overall, expect a dominant performance from power forward Tom Ross, and skilful fly, Mack Hansby.

Cheerio Old Boy

Steve Griffiths

Bob McCowan (2)
Watching the Marist v Eddies game I was again impressed with the talented Marist winger (14). A source of mine mentioned he was a standout in his junior years playing rugby league, one of the dominant players of the game.

donna.hoff

Frank Row (1)
I was impressed with the Eddies no 12 and his ability to read the play , scoring those last two great tries . It was impressive to see the young Eddies team with all their injuries never gave up and came away with the win !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oliver Blaney-Brown

Frank Row (1)
Well, Eddies V Vikings, what an interesting turn of events. I'll be the first to admit I expected Vikings to run through a small, lacking Eddies side, but just as they've done throughout the years, the Eddies boys, full of heart and a strong reputation to uphold, defended the line fantastically, and capitalised on lapses in the faltering Vikings defence. Eddies #2 was a standout throwing impressively off the line. As strong as Eddies' defence was, Vikings' #12 was a phenom on the paddock, creating holes and carving up the Eddies backline defence, big future for this boy, should he choose to pursue it.

That'll do me :$

Steve Griffiths

Bob McCowan (2)
The Grammar v Dara game was again interesting for me as a Grammar supporter. Outstanding star fly Mack Hansby was again at his point scoring best guiding Daramalan to another good win. Strong players for Grammar included the young skinny fullback (unsure of his name) and the tall second row (Dylan??) was a menace around the park as usual. Finally for Grammar, the late inclusion of Lucas? at outside centre proved devastating with the Daramalan 13 struggling to contain him at the best of times.
Cheers for your report on the Vikings game Oli, I hear Eddies are really struggling this end of the year?

Green grass

Chris McKivat (8)
Very disappointed that jnr rugby wasn't rescheduled so the young lads could go to the senior grand finals. As a former Royals player and parent, was a bit disappointed to hear that we weren't able to move the game against Eddies. I know the jnrs games were moved in 2015, why not this year?

donna.hoff

Frank Row (1)
It was actually Royals who said no to a request from Eddies to move the game . I agree all the boys should have been able to go to the senior grand final

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anthony Smith

Peter Burge (5)
Results from the final round yesterday;
Eddies 45- 17 Grammar
Marist 27- 17 Vikings
Dara 71-0 Royals

Which sets up a Dara vs Marist and Eddies vs Vikings semis, which I believe anyone can win! Looking forward to it

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Results from the final round yesterday;
Eddies 45- 17 Grammar
Marist 27- 17 Vikings
Dara 71-0 Royals

Which sets up a Dara vs Marist and Eddies vs Vikings semis, which I believe anyone can win! Looking forward to it

Watched part of the Eddies V's Grammar game yesterday - thought Grammar may sneak in a win - both sides have plenty of great players.

The no.8 for Grammer is a huge unit!

Any idea where the Semi's are played next week? At Darra and Eddies? Or do they move to Vikings Park?

Micheal Carter

Frank Row (1)
Wow what a great round of footy we have had over the weekend with Marist coming out trumps over the vikings team who looked sure to put some points on. I am really looking forward to a Marist V Dara game which i think marist will win and make the GF. Eddies v Vikings should be a good contest with Eddies looking to redeem themselves after their previous games.

Steve Griffiths

Bob McCowan (2)
Watched part of the Eddies V's Grammar game yesterday - thought Grammar may sneak in a win - both sides have plenty of great players.

The no.8 for Grammer is a huge unit!

Any idea where the Semi's are played next week? At Darra and Eddies? Or do they move to Vikings Park?

I agree No.8, the grammar number 8 was a big unit, definitely shown when he bumped off the eddies number 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.