• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC 2023

Reds Brad

Peter Burge (5)
1. Rylan lock (Laurie’s)
2. Manaki Bateman (paddies)
3. Hopo Leota (Iona)/ Aidan Rooney (Padua)
4. Jack Corby (Padua)
5. Tom Nadenic (Lauries)
6. Adam Kelly (Iona)
7. Brock Powell (Padua)
8. Vice latu (peters)
9. Te Ahki (Eddie’s)
10. Finn McKay (Lauries)/Tobihas Graham (Marist)
11. Tom Chapman (Padua)
12. Mitch Rogers (Padua)
13. Cam Bukowski (Villa)
14. kyan Mitchell (Padua)
15. Jude Knapp (Marist)
Selecting 6 Padua boys vs 3 SLC Boys is a very big stretch from an undefeated season and an absolute domination when they played.

I know selections aren't just on results.

RugbyCEO

Frank Row (1)
So basically on a hunch the kids that can play to a game plan and win in an undefeaated season are less effective then the team they beat

Sounds like you are already heavily involved picking our senior teams with such solid selection logic.
Mate, there are better players in some positions than in the Laurie’s team. For example, Jude Knapp is significantly better than Xavier santos, Laurie’s fullback. What I’m saying is put Laurie’s in to a mixed team with other great players they are not as effective.
By your logic, this Laurie’s team would beat a 2023 AIC team of the year, which is just not the case.

Reds Brad

Peter Burge (5)
Mate, there are better players in some positions than in the Laurie’s team. For example, Jude Knapp is significantly better than Xavier santos, Laurie’s fullback. What I’m saying is put Laurie’s in to a mixed team with other great players they are not as effective.
By your logic, this Laurie’s team would beat a 2023 AIC team of the year, which is just not the case.
I agree with you- "some positions."

Like I said, you are showing broken logic not supported by reality as to whether the Lauries boys can play to a different game plan. Generally an undefeated team in any competition gets the lion share of players, especially if the coach is interested in winning over pushing his mates and contacts.

RugbyCEO

Frank Row (1)
I agree with you- "some positions."

Like I said, you are showing broken logic not supported by reality as to whether the Lauries boys can play to a different game plan. Generally an undefeated team in any competition gets the lion share of players, especially if the coach is interested in winning over pushing his mates and contacts.
I am picking a team not on team of the season, but a team which would give a GPS 1st XV it’s best crack. By your logic, like I said, this 2023 Laurie’s team would beat a 2023 AIC all star team, which is just not the case. I tried vigorously to fit as much deserving players as I could (predominantly Laurie’s, padua and Marist) but I couldn’t find any room for more Laurie’s players as i feel this is the team that could truly beat a GPS 1st XV. If you’re disagreeing so much with me, I would like to hear the players you believed were snobbed from this list and I can give you a reason as to why I didn’t pick them.

RugbyCEO

Frank Row (1)
Your team is picked on a broken premise. The games I watched this year were SLC vs ASH, Villa and Padua.

The Ashgrove boys were more competitive then the other two teams.

There is definately not room for 6 padua boys, especially their backs you have chosen.
Well the 26-15 score line for padua vs Marist says otherwise.

RugbyCEO

Frank Row (1)
Just have a request here fellas, any chance we can create a 2023 AIC rugby league forum to cover the upcoming season? Or is there any website that does similar to here but covers the league. I think the talent thst can be showcased in league is great and is definitely worth discussion. So any chance we can make that happen or is someone able to redirect me?

MoneyBill685

Ward Prentice (10)
can someone tell me how not one lauries player makes the qld under 18's team? i mean they won the comp right?

AIC representation as a whole actually. why is there like no one selected from AIC except 1 player was it?

How do selectors pick players from GPS schools who haven't played 1 game this year over AIC teams that have had a whole season? So i guess the teams are picked on reputation?

im not in school but just wonder how the teams are picked and how bad it looks if you're an AIC rugby schoolboy.

Marbig

Herbert Moran (7)
can someone tell me how not one lauries player makes the qld under 18's team? i mean they won the comp right?

AIC representation as a whole actually. why is there like no one selected from AIC except 1 player was it?

How do selectors pick players from GPS schools who haven't played 1 game this year over AIC teams that have had a whole season? So i guess the teams are picked on reputation?

im not in school but just wonder how the teams are picked and how bad it looks if you're an AIC rugby schoolboy.
By the looks of it there’s 3 AIC reps amongst the two teams. At least when I was at school over, it was a good achievement to get 1 AIC player into QLD 1 or 2.

I could be wrong, but aren’t the teams selected from the Met east/west etc trials that happened during the AIC season? If so GPS players haven’t been selected based on GPS form, they were selected based on the form in those trials.

There have been far better AIC teams then this years Laurie’s team who had no or minimal players selected in QLD teams.

2 + 2

Allen Oxlade (6)

In my opinion teams are and have always been selected on reputation not performance. Classic example was the Qld 16's last year. A pretty ordinary side with heavy connections to a certain school.