• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC 2023

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Very challenging to select this one. SLC has a superior for and against determined by their attack - both teams have conceded 88 points in their 6 games.

Padua at home. That is worth a converted try.
Both teams have won very close games.
Could Lauries be emotionally jaded after MCA match at Runcorn?
SLC experience from 2022 might be an edge?
Does Padua have enough rugby nous?

I think Padua by 3.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
Very challenging to select this one. SLC has a superior for and against determined by their attack - both teams have conceded 88 points in their 6 games.

Padua at home. That is worth a converted try.
Both teams have won very close games.
Could Lauries be emotionally jaded after MCA match at Runcorn?
SLC experience from 2022 might be an edge?
Does Padua have enough rugby nous?

I think Padua by 3.

Agreed

LANCEALOT

Stan Wickham (3)
Huge turn around for Padua this year, word in the change rooms its due to the new coaching staff that have created a real bond among the lads.
Its only taken Padua three years to work it out that things were not working...go figure hey.
Anyway should be a big day with plenty of drama, hopefully its not about the ref and all about the boys on the day.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Both Padua and Laurie’s have been very impressive this year.
For this weekend I think Laurie’s will come out on top with an 8 point win.
They play the most disciplined rugby out of all the teams. They will try and keep Padua pinned in their half and look for errors. It will be interesting to see if Padua choose to try and run the ball back or kick for territory. This decision could decide the outcome.

reds central

Frank Row (1)
Both Padua and Laurie’s have been very impressive this year.
For this weekend I think Laurie’s will come out on top with an 8 point win.
They play the most disciplined rugby out of all the teams. They will try and keep Padua pinned in their half and look for errors. It will be interesting to see if Padua choose to try and run the ball back or kick for territory. This decision could decide the outcome.
Agreed

ThemanTDAWG

Frank Row (1)
I really think St Peters showed how you can beat both these teams, played tuff unrelenting footy, and didn't give them an inch. Both games are extremely unlucky to not go in the way of the men in the butcher stripes. If I was either coach id be rewatching the St peters game to see where either team could be weak. I'd also like to say how lucky we are to get two grand finals in a row, what a spectacle AIC rugby is alive and well. Good luck to both teams on the weekend may the best team win.

AICrugby101

Herbert Moran (7)
Laurie’s are too good for Padua, get better takes
Lauries were just too strong on the day. Padua looked nervous and couldn't handle the pressure Lauries were putting on them. Padua will learn from this season as they look to be a strong contender again next season. Padua 2nd XV grabbed the premiership so a pretty decent season still for the brown and gold.

Lauries 4 year dominance looks like it might slow down next year with their younger grades coming through not as strong as the likes of Padua and Iona. Congratulations to SLC for the 2023 1st XV premiership, well deserved.

reds central

Frank Row (1)
Lauries were just too strong on the day. Padua looked nervous and couldn't handle the pressure Lauries were putting on them. Padua will learn from this season as they look to be a strong contender again next season. Padua 2nd XV grabbed the premiership so a pretty decent season still for the brown and gold.

Lauries 4 year dominance looks like it might slow down next year with their younger grades coming through not as strong as the likes of Padua and Iona. Congratulations to SLC for the 2023 1st XV premiership, well deserved.
I disagree, because when this year 12 group was in year 10 they were middle of the table and that is same as the year 11 group last year. So it is all coaching and culture and having the right players who will get the team a firsts title. all the players in the firsts who were in year 10 were playing the same style that has shown to work in the firsts and it doesn’t work in year 10 but knowing the strategy and game plan means that when they get to the firsts they are a piece of the Laurie’s puzzle. This is not like Ashgrove where they throw the ball out wide with quick hands in the younger ages but, when they get to the firsts they are not physical enough and they can’t just throw the ball wide, this means they get to the firsts and they lose.

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I really miss the AIC vs GPS vs CSS games. Really great seeing the AIC boys all come together.
Anyone daring enough to name what would’ve been the AIC 1 side?

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
IMG_0683.jpeg

RugbyCEO

Frank Row (1)
I really miss the AIC vs GPS vs CSS games. Really great seeing the AIC boys all come together.
Anyone daring enough to name what would’ve been the AIC 1 side?
1. Rylan Lock (C)
2. Manaki Bateman
3. Hopo Leota/Aidan Rooney
4. Jack Corby
5. Tom Nadendic
6. Adam Kelly
7. Brock Powell (vc)
8. Vice Latu/Will tozer/Ben Davis
9. Te ahki
10. Finn Mckayy/Tobihas Graham
11. Tom Chapman
12. Mitch Rogers
13. Cam Bukowski
14. Kyan Mitchell
15. Jude Knapp

Reds Brad

Peter Burge (5)
1. Rylan Lock (C)
2. Manaki Bateman
3. Hopo Leota/Aidan Rooney
4. Jack Corby
5. Tom Nadendic
6. Adam Kelly
7. Brock Powell (vc)
8. Vice Latu/Will tozer/Ben Davis
9. Te ahki
10. Finn Mckayy/Tobihas Graham
11. Tom Chapman
12. Mitch Rogers
13. Cam Bukowski
14. Kyan Mitchell
15. Jude Knapp
Which schools are the players from?

RugbyCEO

Frank Row (1)
Which schools are the players from?
1. Rylan lock (Laurie’s)
2. Manaki Bateman (paddies)
3. Hopo Leota (Iona)/ Aidan Rooney (Padua)
4. Jack Corby (Padua)
5. Tom Nadenic (Lauries)
6. Adam Kelly (Iona)
7. Brock Powell (Padua)
8. Vice latu (peters)
9. Te Ahki (Eddie’s)
10. Finn McKay (Lauries)/Tobihas Graham (Marist)
11. Tom Chapman (Padua)
12. Mitch Rogers (Padua)
13. Cam Bukowski (Villa)
14. kyan Mitchell (Padua)
15. Jude Knapp (Marist)