• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC 2023

XFactor

Frank Nicholson (4)
Looks like Marist are finally getting serious about setting up a proper rugby program. Richard Graham announced as the school's Director of Rugby and Track and Field for 2023.

oldboy123

Bob McCowan (2)
Looks like Marist are finally getting serious about setting up a proper rugby program. Richard Graham announced as the school's Director of Rugby and Track and Field for 2023.
Great appointment, is he also Coaching the First XV, should shake things up a bit. Any news in any of the other programs? Not much change at Laurie's!

XFactor

Frank Nicholson (4)
Not sure about the first XV coaching role at Marist next year. I would imagine Anthony Mathison would continue with the job if he wanted.

Reds Brad

Peter Burge (5)
Great appointment, is he also Coaching the First XV, should shake things up a bit. Any news in any of the other programs? Not much change at Laurie's!
They will need much much more then Richard Graham on the track and field side. Great for footy but he better start doing some coaching courses and watching some YouTube to get upto speed on track and field

XFactor

Frank Nicholson (4)
They will need much much more then Richard Graham on the track and field side. Great for footy but he better start doing some coaching courses and watching some YouTube to get upto speed on track and field
It's been 7 in a row for the Track and Field team. I think you will find the coaching structure is already in place. Surround yourself with quality people.

Dabu

Allen Oxlade (6)
Fantastic appointment. Someone who gets the Ashgrove history.

Shane Buckley

Frank Row (1)
Coming out of padua college the boys of next years yr12 will be in full flight right now.
After 2022 was set as a preseason for 2023 the padua men will be a force to watch out for.
12 players are returning and after a stellar 2022 season James mason and Ben dowling will be looking to change the narrative about Padua rugby union.
Of course you cant forget about Mitch Rogers. He will probably play hooker or 8th man depending on what the coaches need and may only play 1 half a game.

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Pre-season training has started at Ashgrove. Richard Graham not mucking around.
I don't think that's a Richard Graham initiative. You'll find majority if not all AIC 1st XV squads will have started this term. Some even Weights last term.

Dabu

Allen Oxlade (6)
I don't think that's a Richard Graham initiative. You'll find majority if not all AIC 1st XV squads will have started this term. Some even Weights last term.
They’ve got the Year 11s, 10s and 9s training. I’m gathering it’s a Richard Graham initiative (but I’ve also heard head of sport Derek Lennon got the ball rolling.) I’ve not seen it done like this recently.

Last edited:

XFactor

Frank Nicholson (4)
100 percent its a new direction. Generally the teams bar the firsts would start three weeks from the end of term 1. Very fit, skilled boys for the commencement of rugby next year.

Evening all,

As a long time reader of the AIC Forum,
I'd like to open up and ask if there are any early team predictions.

Watching the U16s ACT Brumbies side with a few schoolboys I'd love to hear some of your thoughts on some team predictions.

The Import

1669174458121.png

Afternoon all,

A huge congratulations to both Bailey and Jeziah on their selections in the U16 Australian development squad

The import