• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC 2023

ScabbyC

Frank Row (1)
Hey there fellow rugby fans! Have you been keeping up with the Villanova College Wildcats team lately? If not, you're missing out on one of the most exciting players to watch - Daniel Taylor!

Now, I know what you're thinking - "Who is this Daniel Taylor guy and why should I care?" Well, let me tell you, he's been making some serious strides in the sport lately, and he's quickly becoming one of the most valuable players on the team.

First off, let's talk about his skills on the field. This guy is a powerhouse! His speed and agility are unmatched, and he's got a knack for getting past defenders like they're not even there. I've seen him juke his way out of some seriously sticky situations, and let me tell you, it's a thing of beauty. Including the intercepts!

But it's not just his physical abilities that make him so impressive - it's his mental game as well. He's got a strategic mind and can read the field like a book. I've seen him make some incredible plays that nobody saw coming, and it's always a thrill to watch.

Now, I know what you might be thinking - "Sure, he's good, but has he really improved over the past couple of weeks?" And the answer is a resounding yes! It's like he's been on a whole other level lately. He's been making plays that are just mind-blowing, and he's been doing it consistently.

I don't know what he's been eating or what kind of training he's been doing, but it's definitely paying off. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if he's secretly been training with the All Blacks or something.

But as impressive as his skills are, what I love most about Daniel is his personality. He's always got a smile on his face and is quick to crack a joke or two. He's the kind of guy you want on your team, not just because he's an incredible player, but because he's just a joy to be around.

So there you have it, folks - if you haven't been keeping up with Daniel Taylor and the Villanova College Wildcats team, you're missing out on one of the most exciting players in the game. He's got skills, he's got smarts, and he's got personality to spare. So make sure to tune in for the next game and see what kind of magic he'll pull off next!

buss.1977

Frank Row (1)
Hey there fellow rugby fans! Have you been keeping up with the Villanova College Wildcats team lately? If not, you're missing out on one of the most exciting players to watch - Daniel Taylor!

Now, I know what you're thinking - "Who is this Daniel Taylor guy and why should I care?" Well, let me tell you, he's been making some serious strides in the sport lately, and he's quickly becoming one of the most valuable players on the team.

First off, let's talk about his skills on the field. This guy is a powerhouse! His speed and agility are unmatched, and he's got a knack for getting past defenders like they're not even there. I've seen him juke his way out of some seriously sticky situations, and let me tell you, it's a thing of beauty. Including the intercepts!

But it's not just his physical abilities that make him so impressive - it's his mental game as well. He's got a strategic mind and can read the field like a book. I've seen him make some incredible plays that nobody saw coming, and it's always a thrill to watch.

Now, I know what you might be thinking - "Sure, he's good, but has he really improved over the past couple of weeks?" And the answer is a resounding yes! It's like he's been on a whole other level lately. He's been making plays that are just mind-blowing, and he's been doing it consistently.

I don't know what he's been eating or what kind of training he's been doing, but it's definitely paying off. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if he's secretly been training with the All Blacks or something.

But as impressive as his skills are, what I love most about Daniel is his personality. He's always got a smile on his face and is quick to crack a joke or two. He's the kind of guy you want on your team, not just because he's an incredible player, but because he's just a joy to be around.

So there you have it, folks - if you haven't been keeping up with Daniel Taylor and the Villanova College Wildcats team, you're missing out on one of the most exciting players in the game. He's got skills, he's got smarts, and he's got personality to spare. So make sure to tune in for the next game and see what kind of magic he'll pull off next!
i dont even go to villa but i can vouch

Reds Brad

Peter Burge (5)
I heard Laurie's have their captain back for this week. Looking forward to watching this game at Runcorn Saturday!

Gareth Granger

Frank Row (1)
I heard Laurie's have their captain back for this week. Looking forward to watching this game at Runcorn Saturday.
The Young Broncos Star Cameroon Bukkers will be out to throw a huge shot on the bloke. Back from State of Origin Camp, The Villa 1st XV Captain is in form. Watch out Lauries! #STORMTHECORN

thefridge

Frank Row (1)
get ready for the biggest game of the season on mayor oval get keen cause st peters are gonna delete pats back in the little hole they came from not only that but the captain Lice Latu is the man defensive and the attack of st peters no can stop him he is the goat and the best forward to step in the AIC comp and wallabies bond. (SAMOA BOND)
absolute foolishness coming out of your mouth champion the patties boys are going hunting for donuts this weekend and are looking dangerous

ScabbyC

Frank Row (1)
This isn't the 1990s, I'd say computer labs are long in the past
Yes, I heard the villa boys have just installed a new state-of-the-art IT lab where they make the best Instagram reels and team lineups. It has been proved that schools such as Iona and lauries especially look at the 'novanation' page for insparation to help their slow spirit pages keep up to date. Villa would have to have the best spirit going around and it will be a sight to see the Villa Army led by Sammy 'mulfish' Doon storm the corn on Saturday.

Coops1968

Frank Row (1)
It was a good match. It was more of a brief late shower then a storm at the corn though.

Lauries in control throughout, the score closed by a late last minute comeback from Villa.
better effort from Lauries this week, amazing what they can do with ball in hand. But when they kicked the ball, they picked out Villa players who came down field and scored. Keep ball in hand and they will be hard to beat, otherwise they are giving cheap possession to the opposition.

ScabbyC

Frank Row (1)
It was a good match. It was more of a brief late shower then a storm at the corn though.

Lauries in control throughout, the score closed by a late last minute comeback from Villa.
I beg to differ. Storming the corn in my eyes meant, being an away game, Villanova's support would turn up in numbers. And so they did. From where I was sitting (close to the Lauries supporter banner), I could easily tell that Villanova did in fact 'storm the corn'.

For St Laurences to even question themselves, and to have their backs up against the wall on home soil, trying to prove why Runcorn is theirs, is a little bit worrying. Huge props to Villanova for clearly outperforming in the crowd and having more supporters than the home team which was seen in the tunnel and definitely in the tucky line.

The energy was felt throughout the day and their tunnel sent shockwaves around the park. It's great to see that spirit is still alive in the AIC comp for one school at least. Nether the less, congrats to St Laurences. Great game to watch from both ends.

Reds Brad

Peter Burge (5)
I beg to differ. Storming the corn in my eyes meant, being an away game, Villanova's support would turn up in numbers. And so they did. From where I was sitting (close to the Lauries supporter banner), I could easily tell that Villanova did in fact 'storm the corn'.

For St Laurences to even question themselves, and to have their backs up against the wall on home soil, trying to prove why Runcorn is theirs, is a little bit worrying. Huge props to Villanova for clearly outperforming in the crowd and having more supporters than the home team which was seen in the tunnel and definitely in the tucky line.

The energy was felt throughout the day and their tunnel sent shockwaves around the park. It's great to see that spirit is still alive in the AIC comp for one school at least. Nether the less, congrats to St Laurences. Great game to watch from both ends.
mate the villa supporters had very little to cheer about until the last 6 mins. Lots of bluster on social media and prior to the game, generally tame during and thinking about the next once in a blue moon the stars will align for them to challenge for a rugby premiership in AIC.

I did enjoy the villa staff saying things like "this is our home- we own this place". It was a big occasion for villa which showed with many of the team dropping kicks with little pressure.

A long way to go for Laurie's though with Padua looking strong and Ashgrove having a resurgence of sorts (or just picking grade 11 kids?).

Last edited:

footty.00

Frank Row (1)
reporting from the peters game 26- 20 to peters as much the Lauries and villa game was hyped up i think this game was intense played the full 70 minutes but again for the second week in a row number 10 Wallace Charlie (grade11) was on fire was everywhere on the pitch didnt stop and got the winner try over patties. Vice Latu was also leading from the front strong runs and shout out to the forwards as peters front row put in a shift in the scrums patties forwards didnt make it easy.

XFactor

Frank Nicholson (4)
Villa have a bit of history of over hyping their kids. The "I Believe" campaign in 2019 was pretty embarrassing and placed a huge amount of pressure on their players. Not to mention the over excited parental group. Less time on social media and a bit more time teaching humility would help.

RugbyCEO

Frank Row (1)
Reports from the Padua and Eddie’s game is that Padua got up 22-8. Been told Padua played very poorly in the first half with lots of dropped ball and penalties given away. But like last week against Marist, their defence was magnificent and held Eddie’s out the entire game until the final minutes. Padua’s head coach half time talk must’ve worked as they played better (still far from their best footy) in the second half. Although a long way to go, with Padua and Laurie’s being the only two remaining undefeated, round 7 is shaping up to be an absolute cracker.

bmarshall

Frank Row (1)

Thank you for sharing your opinion about the recent Villa vs Lauries game. I must point out that your opinion appears to be biased towards Villanova. While it is true that Villanova had a strong showing from their supporters, it is unfair to suggest that St Laurences had their backs up against the wall. Both teams played well and it was a great game to watch from both ends. We should celebrate the spirit of competition and sportsmanship in the AIC comp, rather than favoring one team over the other based on their supporter numbers.

John cotz

Banned
Reporting the Peter's vs Pat's, an absolute stunner, a full ride 70 min nonstop contact game. Pats came out thrashing scoring 2 tries in the first 15 mins but lit a fire in Peters's heart. Happy to see Peter's wouldn't take a loss in front of their home crowd. 70 min game and Peters only had all 15 players on the field for maybe 15 mins, they had 10 mins with only 13 players. unfortunately, the red and yellow cards did come down to a disciplinary issue, yet, from my POV Pat's like to dive head first into tackles to draw the penalties. Refereeing was terrible yet Peter's fought through and came away with a 6-point win due to (year 11) Wallace Charlie's GAME WINNING try. St Peters has come a long way from being a pushover school, other teams best not underestimate them.