• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

erossi93

Allen Oxlade (6)
what changes have these traditionally league schools ( eddies/pauda) made in order to improve so much?

I guess its just embracing the rugby culture at the school, together with commitment and training. Rugby league will always remain at Padua though, it is apart of history, being successful and producing a good number of state of origin players. However, rugby union is growing which is a positive considering that aic offers it.

R

Roll Away Black 7

Possibly Aaron Sorridimi at 3?

I watched SPLC again yesterday and for 15 minutes I would agree with you about Sorridimi. After that point the SPLC 1 (Voges-Haug ?) made him look pedestrian at the set piece. This kid has a high work rate and has out scrummaged all the tight heads he has played against this year. In fact the SPLC forwards won the set piece battle comfortably yesterday. Mains (Villa 4) and the Villa 6 were as usual superb.

The SPLC backs looked better yesterday, better organised than Villa.

R

rugbyjock11

i have seen that some of the villa boys are being forgotten in this forum. however it is understood due to them being unable to find a win, yet making every school they have vsed so far work for it.

But how are some of the workhorses for villa who in pre-season looked like they were shaping up to be in these AIC sides?

3. Aaron Sorridimi
4. Scott Mains
7. Sam Yip
8. Pat Serisier
10. Zach Hillas
12. Christian Welch

and someone who has outplayed every winger so far

11. Nick Christensen

i know however this looks like a villa biast post, yet i am an iona old boy and been attending all villanova home games and these boys have impressed me

C

choppa

AIC 1 2011 Team
1. Simon Mikeal (SEC)
2. Eddies #2
3. ??
4. Scott Mains (VIL)
5. Tim Bethel (ASH)
6. Ash #6/ Alex Perez (PAD)
7. ??
8. Tom Milosevic (SLC)/ Terrin Walls (SPC)
9. Scott Maloua (ASH) / Simon Gregg (SLC)
10. Will Thomasson (ASH) / Heta Manuel (SEC)
11. ??
12. Sam Johnson (SEC)
13. Giles Beverage (SPC)
14: Jarred Watson (SPC)
15: Jonathan Kent (ASH)

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
with everyone talking up the forward packs this year, whats everyones predictions for the AIC 1 and 2 front row spots

H

horse

Game Report SEC vs ASH

SEC started strongly and had ASH pinned in their own 22 from the kick off. SEC through their forwards controlled the game so much so SEC declined to take two early penalities directly in front of the posts. The second was a gift. SEC elected to take tops from these penalties with No.1 Simon Mikaele (a giant of a man) running the ball for the first pod and then quick ball to the second pod controlled by No.2 Andrew Manu (Andrew actually played No.8 in this game). This was a simple game plan that SEC executed but it was done perfectly, a well drilled pack with persistence and patience. SEC comanded about 70% of the ball and also 70% of the territory.
Half time score ASH 12 SEC 5. ASH tackled like tigers keeping themselves in the game. The second half opened with ASH kicking a penalty to lead 15-5. ASH fans hoping their team would improve ball share and territorial position.
SEC continued with their version of 10 man rugby with Mikaele and Manu doing a mountain of work and the team sticking to the game plan, their forwards moving forward with excellent support for the ball carrier.
The referee's interpretation of the break down rule greatly suited SEC as I do not recall any penalities for holding or attempted pilfering until the last few minutes of the game.
Slippery SEC No.10, Heta Manuel added a slight variation but eventually ran back to the forwards to set up another ruck.
SEC was camped for most of the second half in the ASH 22, a repeat of the first half. Such control is a tribute to this team as they showed discipline and patience in executing a well drilled game plan.
SEC coaching staff - well done. Ball security was excellent. Second half territory and possession continued at about 70% resulting in 3 unconverted tries in the second half to SEC.
A great game - continual attack from SEC with pick and drives wore down a gallant ASH pack who tackled courageously.
Best for SEC 1, 2 (playing 8) and 10. ASH was best served by No.7 Harry MOORE and No.2 Michael TOOLIS both on the ball with great work rates and both outstanding tacklers. Both were over the tackle player on occasions but their efforts were denied by the referee.
In the dying minutes of the game the fast finishing ASH looked as they might steal a draw or a win as they turned tables on SEC as they pressured the SEC line with pick and drives. At this stage the ASH pack was very much together with no chance of the ball carrier being isolated, but for reasons known only to the referee he penalised the ASH pack apparently for not releasing on two occasions with ASH a metre or so from the try line.
SEC thoroughly deserved their win and the ASH defence was courageous. Final score SEC 20 ASH 15.

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
Andrew Manu had moved to flanker/number 8 in a few games this year. Perhaps a potential number 6 for AIC 1 to accomodate for another hooker??

H

horse

Game Report SEC vs ASH

SEC started strongly and had ASH pinned in their own 22 from the kick off. SEC through their forwards controlledl the game so much so SEC declined to take two early penalities directly in front of the posts. The second was a gift. SEC elected to take tops from these penalties with No.1 Simon Mikaele (a giant of a man) running the ball for the first pod and then quick ball to the second pod controlled by No.2 Andrew Manu (Andrew actually played No.8 in this game). This was a simple game plan that SEC executed but it was done perfectly, a well drilled pack with persistence and patience. SEC comanded about 70% of the ball and also 70% of the territory.
Half time score ASH 12 SEC 5. ASH tackled like tigers keeping themselves in the gam. The second half opened with ASH kicking a penalty to lead 15-5. ASH fans hoping their team would improve ball share and territorial position.
SEC continued with their version of 10 man rugby with Mikaele and Manu doing a mountain of work and the team sticking to the game plan, their forwards moving forward with excellent support for the ball carrier.
The referee's interpretation f the break down rule greatly suited SEC as I do not recall any penalities for holding or attempted pilfering until the last few minutes of the game.
Slippery SEC No.10, Heta Manuel added a slight variation but eventually ran back to the forwards to set up another ruck.
SEC was camped for most of the second half in the ASH 22, a repeat of the first half. Such control s a tribute to this team as they showed discipline and patience in executing a well drilled game plan.
SEC coaching staff - well done. Ball security was excellent. Second half territory and possession continued at about 70% resulting in 3 unconverted tries in the second half to SEC.
A great game - continual attach from SEC with pick and drives wore down a gallant ASH pack who tackled courageously.
Best for SEC 1, 2 (playing 8) and 10. ASH was best served by No.7 Harry MOORE and No.2 Michael TOOLIS both on the ball with great work rates and both outstanding tacklers. Both were over the tackle player on occasions but their efforts were denied by the referee.
In the dying minutes of the game the fast finishing ASH looked as they might steal a draw or a win as they turned tables on SEC as they pressured the SEC line with pick and drives. At this stage the ASH pack was very much together with no chance of the ball carrier being isolated, but for reasons known only to the referee he penalised the ASH pack apparently for not releasing on two occasions with ASH a metre or so from the try line.
SEC thoroughly deserved their win and the ASH defence was courageous. Final score SEC 20 ASH 15.

R

Rugby56

i have seen that some of the villa boys are being forgotten in this forum. however it is understood due to them being unable to find a win, yet making every school they have vsed so far work for it.

But how are some of the workhorses for villa who in pre-season looked like they were shaping up to be in these AIC sides?

3. Aaron Sorridimi
4. Scott Mains
7. Sam Yip
8. Pat Serisier
10. Zach Hillas
12. Christian Welch

and someone who has outplayed every winger so far

11. Nick Christensen

i know however this looks like a villa biast post, yet i am an iona old boy and been attending all villanova home games and these boys have impressed me

Absolutely agree with you on Christensen, he's been unlucky to have not scored more times than he has and a very exciting player to watch. Hillas got injured in the trial against Pats and I think only returned to the starting team against Peters. Welch is very strong and has played well all year. Sorridimi and Mains must be considered for selection and are a key part of the dominating Villa scrum this year. Yip is a great ball runner and Serisier is hungry at the breakdown however I don't think he's reached his true potential but had a great game against Peters. As Admiral said, the back line hasn't played as well as expected this year, they've always seem to be a little flat and the ball only rarely makes it out to the wingers, Christensen has had to make his living of return the ball of kicks but has worked out well for him.

S

Saaur

@ horse, while i agree generally with that match report it must also be said that the SEC goal kicking was shocking from very kickable postions, with four tries and only one that i can recall on the wing that could be considerd a difficult conversion, there lead should have been much greater. this could also be a possible reason for them not taking the early penalties.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Just wondering who out of the AIC are legitimate chances of making Qld 1 or 2. Please don't talk up players more than needed, just the standouts in the comp who could challenge for positions?

S

Steve-O

Padua players for example? I think so. Considering they are on top and hardly anyone is including any of them.

yes if they win the premiership they should get at least 5-8 players in an aic side (includes being on bench) seeing as premiers in the previous years have had that happen to them. Also mabye a few other players that no one has mentioned yet will get selected. Buts thats just what I think.

L

Lauries#1

The St. Edmund's winger, number 14 is possibly the biggest winger i have seen and has demonstrated this in the ashgrove game making multiple line breaks. deffinately a consideration for AIC 1

T

The Big O

ASH vs. SEC saw a hard fort contest with defense the real winner on the day. Number 3,6 and 7 defended well against the big boys from Eddies. However the ASH backline found it hard to break through Eddies dogged defense. Numer 2 from eddies also had some barnstorming runs shruggin of his many opposing players

Status
Not open for further replies.