• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aicrugby2011

what forwards stood out to you from both villa and padua last week?

V

v1234

Who do you believe contender for no.8 Aic 1 is? Tom Milosivic (St Laurences) is up there, but are there any others that have slipped under the radar?

J

Jeff Smith

Tom Milosevic from SLC would be my pick at 8 for AIC 1, hard worker on and off the ball, good leader

B

B.Shell

AIC 2011 Team
1. Jayke Stevenstone, Simon Mikeal
2. Tyler Stacey/ Michael Toolis (if he can throw)
3. Aaron Sorridomi/ Leighton Herbert/ Harry Marshall
4. Tim Bethal/ Scott Mains
5. Alex Notting?
6. Harry Moore
7. Alex Curran
8. Tom Milosevic
9. Scott Maloua
10. Will Thomasson / David esk
11. Elliot Davies / Jarred Watson (OOP)
12. Mitchael Fuller (OOP)
13. Billy Renouf (OOP)
14: Tivita Maka / Giles Beverage
15: Jonathan Kent
*OOP= Out Of Position

R

Roll Away Black 7

Nobody has mentioned the SPLC front rowers yet surprisingly. Peter's have seen off bigger opposition each week of the comp so far and, yes I know that they are 0 from 3 but their forwards keep coming up trumps in the set piece ! Surely that gives them a sniff ? Peter's 3 is consistently good and their 1 is very impressive. Their 2 is a very good scrummager and thrower and handy attacker to boot.

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
AIC 2011 Team
5. Alex Notting?
6. Harry Moore
7. Alex Curran
8. Tom Milosevic
9. Scott Maloua
13. Billy Renouf (OOP)
*OOP= Out Of Position

What schools are jayke stevenson, tyler stacey, alex curran and tivita maka from?

otoolej11

Bob McCowan (2)
what forwards stood out to you from both villa and padua last week?

yes it was a tight contest between the villa and padua forwards with padua coming out on top with a superior line out and dominating the advantage line and turning up for each other with a courageous defensive effort. Villa forwards lost their heads towards the end with villa hooker jamie parker in the middle of it. he was shown up by paduas 5,6 & 2 for most of the game.

W

WB15

AIC 2011 Team
5. Alex Notting?
6. Harry Moore
7. Alex Curran
8. Tom Milosevic
9. Scott Maloua
13. Billy Renouf (OOP)
*OOP= Out Of Position

not even close

rugby1768

Allen Oxlade (6)
AIC 2011 Team
5. Alex Notting?
6. Harry Moore
7. Alex Curran
8. Tom Milosevic
9. Scott Maloua
13. Billy Renouf (OOP)
*OOP= Out Of Position

This team seems to be very Ashgrove heavy... i think one of those Pats centres should be in 13, Renouf just hasn't done enough for me.

L

L-Time2011

game was alot cloer than the 55-26 suggested. it was 26 all with about 25 to go and ash just ran away with it

R

Rugby56

Iona got up over Villa 26-25. Villa was up 15-14 with 7 minutes to go before and scored two quick tries before Villa dished out another two with the last one coming on the final whistle. Welch had a kick to the sideline for the win but it fell short. One of the best games I've seen for a long while. The first game of the season that Villa has actually been able to get the ball over the line when under pressure. #15 for Iona is very talented, reminds me of #15 from Iona in 2009.

RugbyInterest

Herbert Moran (7)
game was alot cloer than the 55-26 suggested. it was 26 all with about 25 to go and ash just ran away with it

Agree entirely. Lauries got to the front with 2 quick tries after half time and looked capable of an upset. Ash's next couple of tries were opportunistic from a chargedown and then a freakish kick from the Ash fullback and mentally Lauries looked gone. Ash looked methodical finishing the game - but they have been the best finishers of games for years even if they have lost.

S

Steve-O

Went out to watch the ash v slc game. very evenly contested for about 60 minutes or so before ashgrove got a couple of quick tries in succession. It looked as though lauries we going to win after they scored to lead 26-19 in the 2nd half but a quick try the next play from a charge down on the kick saw ashgrove back in it and they didnt let their foot off the petal after that.
standouts for ashgrove i think were - no.15 (jonno Kent) in good form and set up a couple tries got to be a sure chance at an aic selection, no.7 (harry moore) and no.2 (Michael toolis) both good at the break down and did some good things out there to get aic selectors attention. and no.9 (scott mal....) very good in attack and has got to be a contender for aic 1 this year

standouts for lauries i believe - no.5 (tom milosevic) usually no.8 got switched to lock and played well as he always does good at the breakdown, attack and defence. a real workhorse. no.8 (Xav bell) year 11 kid very good ball runner, ashgroves defence struggled to contain him. no.10 (josh hearn) good kicking game and lead the backs well with his good passing game . no.13 (tom dempsey) played inside centre this game and terrorised ash's defence with his sheer size, ball running, and what really impressed me were his offloads in heavy traffic he always gets his arm free and i counted about 10 he made that game. no.15 (joe crowther) kicking game is exceptional and is really quick on his feet, would be a contender for an aic team.

rugby1768

Allen Oxlade (6)
Went out to watch the ash v slc game. very evenly contested for about 60 minutes or so before ashgrove got a couple of quick tries in succession. It looked as though lauries we going to win after they scored to lead 26-19 in the 2nd half but a quick try the next play from a charge down on the kick saw ashgrove back in it and they didnt let their foot off the petal after that.
standouts for ashgrove i think were - no.15 (jonno Kent) in good form and set up a couple tries got to be a sure chance at an aic selection, no.7 (harry moore) and no.2 (Michael toolis) both good at the break down and did some good things out there to get aic selectors attention. and no.9 (scott mal....) very good in attack and has got to be a contender for aic 1 this year

standouts for lauries i believe - no.5 (tom milosevic) usually no.8 got switched to lock and played well as he always does good at the breakdown, attack and defence. a real workhorse. no.8 (Xav bell) year 11 kid very good ball runner, ashgroves defence struggled to contain him. no.10 (josh hearn) good kicking game and lead the backs well with his good passing game . no.13 (tom dempsey) played inside centre this game and terrorised ash's defence with his sheer size, ball running, and what really impressed me were his offloads in heavy traffic he always gets his arm free and i counted about 10 he made that game. no.15 (joe crowther) kicking game is exceptional and is really quick on his feet, would be a contender for an aic team.

So do you think the Marist and Lauries fullbacks are fighting for that AIC 1 spot? or are there some other contenders? that Marist one is the best I've seen so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.