• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

rundog

Bob McCowan (2)
Has been playing in padua first XV since year 10 (year 11 this year) and is a great little no.9

surely scott malolua will be a shoe in for AIC 1 selection, there isn't any body near his standard at firsts level. especially with simon gregg not playing yet this season.
plus he is in the NTS squad...

D

Dreamer

AIC 1 2011 Team
1. Simon Mikeal (SEC)
2. Eddies #2
3. ??
4. Scott Mains (VIL)
5. Tim Bethel (ASH)
6. Ash #6
7. ?
8. Tom Milosevic (SLC)/ Terrin Walls (SPC)
9. Scott Maloua (ASH) / Simon Gregg (SLC)
10. Will Thomasson (ASH) / Heta Manuel (SEC)
11. Elliot Davies/ Eddies #12
12. Christian Welch (VIL)
13. Jarred Watson (SPC)
14: Giles Beverage (SPC)
15: Jonathan Kent (ASH)

THOUGHTS??

# 3 Harry Marshall

A

AIC_Snitch

any predictions for wingers, based on the boys who are actually playing wing for their school?

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
surely scott malolua will be a shoe in for AIC 1 selection, there isn't any body near his standard at firsts level. especially with simon gregg not playing yet this season.
plus he is in the NTS squad...

I think you'll find they said 2012, so dont get on the marist high horse mate, just accept that there are players from other schools worthy of a spot

insider18

Stan Wickham (3)
1- Aaron Sorridimi
2- Andrew Manu
3- Leighton Herbert
4- Scott Mains
5- Locky Row
6- Harry Moore
7- ?
8- ?
9- Simon Gregg
10- Heta Manuel
11- Kyle Blackman
12- Giles Beverige
13- Billy Renouf
14- Jarrod Watson
15- Declan Balasa
7-

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
AIC 1:

15. Jono Kent (ASH)
14. Jarrod Watson (SPC)
13. Giles Beveridge (SPC)
12. Sam Johnson (SEC)
11. Tivita Maka (ASH)
10. Heta Manuel (SEC)
9. Scott Maloula (ASH)
8. Tom Milosevic (SLC)
7. Harry Moore (ASH)
5. Alex Perez (PAD)
4. Scott Mains (VILLA)
3. Harry Marshall (ASH)
2. Andrew Manu (SEC)
1. Simon Mikaele (SEC)
RESERVES
16. Michael Toolis (ASH)
17. Jake Stevenstone (ASH)
18. Tim Bethal (ASH)
19. Connor McWhirter (ASH)
22. Will Thomasson (ASH)
23. Tyrone Brimble (SPLC)

AIC 2:

15. Joe Crowther (SLC)
14. Moses Rambi (SPLC)
13. Billy Renouf (ASH)
12. Christian Welch (VILLA)
11. Kyle Blackman (SEC)
10. David Eske (IONA)
9. Simon Gregg (SLC)
8. Shane Larkman (SEC)
7. Tim Curran (ASH)
6. Xavier Bell (SLC)
5. Jack O'Toole (PAD)
4. Lachlan Roe (SEC)
3. Eddie Wasaga-Thompson (SPLC)
2. Bart Ritchie (PAD)
1. Aaron Sorridimi (VILLA)
RESERVES
16. Tyler Stacey
17. Leighton Herbert (SEC)
18. Alex Notting (ASH)
19. Brad Wilkins (IONA)
20. Terrin Walls (SPC)
21. James Briskie (PAD)
22. Kurtis Bierhuizen (IONA)
23. Declan Balassa (SEC)

R

rugby_09

AIC 1:
15. Jono Kent (ASH)
14. Jarrod Watson (SPC)

I think these teams are just about spot on. although i would put shane larkman into that number 6 spot in aic1. ive been told he was unstoppable against pats in defence and in the rucks.

S

Steve-O

How is no one choosing Jack Creighton when he made AIC 1 last year? Also Billy Renouf got stood up numerous times by the big Lauries inside centre, so I dont think he will make it, unless his form has been superb in the other Ash games I havent seen.

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)
I think Scott Maloula will provide the AIC with it's first QLD 1 run on player for a couple of years. Lauries showed Eddies and Padua for the first 60 mins that Ashgrove are beatable but couldn't maintain the intensity for the last 10 and Ashgrove made them pay.

erossi93

Allen Oxlade (6)
How is no one choosing Jack Creighton when he made AIC 1 last year? Also Billy Renouf got stood up numerous times by the big Lauries inside centre, so I dont think he will make it, unless his form has been superb in the other Ash games I havent seen.

Jack creighton from padua is definitely someone to watch out for. His size and strength combination is quite handy.

R

rugby_09

Jack creighton from padua is definitely someone to watch out for. His size and strength combination is quite handy.

Jack creighton i believe should be there. Probabily run on 2 though. I now he made 1 last year but that was because of an injury. I just think vsing gps he will be shown up in speed and will be beaten in defence to many times to play run on 1. If im wrong then he will dominate playing in AIC 2 and the outcome could be a qld jersey.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
I think Scott Maloula will provide the AIC with it's first QLD 1 run on player for a couple of years. Lauries showed Eddies and Padua for the first 60 mins that Ashgrove are beatable but couldn't maintain the intensity for the last 10 and Ashgrove made them pay.

Of the eventual 29 point margin, exactly how many points did Ash put on SLC in the last 10 minutes?

According to some of the posts on here, it was one of the luckiest 29 point wins ever.

Reminds me of Ash v SLC in 98, Lauries were up 5-0 after 5 mins but luck then deserted them and they lost 76-5.

L

L-Time2011

Of the eventual 29 point margin, exactly how many points did Ash put on SLC in the last 10 minutes?

According to some of the posts on here, it was one of the luckiest 29 point wins ever.

Reminds me of Ash v SLC in 98, Lauries were up 5-0 after 5 mins but luck then deserted them and they lost 76-5.

with 9 minutes to go it was 26 all
fulltime ash 55 slc 26

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)

Of my original post, exactly how much of it did you actually read?

A first xv game goes for 70 minutes, after 60 minutes it was level on the scoreboard. Ashgrove put 29 points on SLC in the last 10 minutes unless the rugby points system has changed recently. If Padua and Eddies can play for the full 70 they have a chance against Ashgrove. I however don't believe Eddies can and I haven't seen Padua play at all.

rugby1768

Allen Oxlade (6)
Of my original post, exactly how much of it did you actually read?

A first xv game goes for 70 minutes, after 60 minutes it was level on the scoreboard. Ashgrove put 29 points on SLC in the last 10 minutes unless the rugby points system has changed recently. If Padua and Eddies can play for the full 70 they have a chance against Ashgrove. I however don't believe Eddies can and I haven't seen Padua play at all.

I think one of the reasons Ashgrove finished so well is they have players who are genuine game breakers. One or two players seem to hit another gear when things aren't looking good. (i.e. 26 -19 lauries charge down and freakish full field try swings the game, or breakaway try by no.5 off the kick off against Pats, or the 15 making a 90m kick return from deep inside the 22 after 20mins of constant pressure from peters.)

Status
Not open for further replies.