• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browndog

Bob McCowan (2)
I was at the game and wasn't overly convinced of Eddies performance however three games in a week can do that to a team. Broken play will be a feature, not sure what they will deliver without a decisive 10. Often see Eddies sides insist on playing a structure & patterns outside their strengths. Maturity and leadership at 10 is the issue. Confident they will win AIC.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I was at the game and wasn't overly convinced of Eddies performance however three games in a week can do that to a team. Broken play will be a feature, not sure what they will deliver without a decisive 10. Often see Eddies sides insist on playing a structure & patterns outside their strengths. Maturity and leadership at 10 is the issue. Confident they will win AIC.

Eddies real strength has always come from their forwards who have always been strong, powerful and fit but have never been overly big giants of kids. Eddies are usually known for being pretty abrasive not in a Villa tease and sledging way but in a no nonsense kind of way. I remember going with the Permiership team of Iona 2009 to watch themm verse eddies and remember eddies scoring 2 tries through marching up the field though nothing but their forwards. I remember all the boys coming off the field and saying that eddies were the hardest hitting team they have played and that is the consensus I get from kids from Villa and lauries most years as well. But the 09 team had a Islander number 6 or 8 who just sat in the backline and monstered anyone who looked like getting the ball.

On another note their backs weren't bad either however but seemed to have the problem as you said of being a bunch of outside backs. But the last two years that has seemed to change. their flyhalf last yea was quite impressive. I have seen him down at easts this year. But I believe that in more recent years eddies backline prowess has improved and the team has reaped benefits.

V

Viss

From all reports, Pats outplayed Lauries on their Easter Tour. New boys that Lauries didn't play in the previous trial came out and belted them. Pats won their second game too, definitely not as strong as last years side, not even close. (Which should have won the premiership if it wasn't for their 10) But will pull at least one game out of the bag.

T

tickler

dean van heteran swemmer (marist) will be one of the wingers in this AIC representative side. no doubts.
considering he was a standout in the near-premiership winning Churchie side last year I'd expect him to be right up there in terms of the best AIC players

3DD!3$01D80Y

Eddie's will be a big contender to take down as they have a new player called Jordan Perese. Perese originally went to Wavell State High School before going to Nudgee College on a scholarship. Perese along with Manu, Roe, Humphrey's and Wilson Bennet will dominate. All of these players will definitely make AIC 1. A few other guys to keep watch of is Kyle Blackman and Harley Fox. Kyle is a contender for AIC 1, but if he doesn't make AIC 1 he will definitely make AIC 2! Harley Fox made QLD U15 for Rugby League last year as well as making Met West U15 for Rugby Union. Although he has not been mentioned on this forum his attitude to Union is very high. I want to see how Harley does this year because next year he will have a high chance of making QLD/AUS schoolboys as he has been offered scholarships to most of the GPS schools. Will be a tough year for AIC and I can see AIC 1 beating GPS 1 with the huge amount of talent us AIC schools have! Brad Wilkin will be tough to handle for Eddies! It's a shame that Tevita Folau can't play because he has Rugby League interfering!

3DD!3$01D80Y

Possible Marist XV
1. Jonathon Notting
2. Myles Gorman
3. Fergus Emmott
4. Charlie Lilley
5. Angus Mcarthur
6. Declan Cox
7. Leon Cox
8. Hiroshi Kado
9. Joe Daly
10. Nick Laracy
11. Jack Weller
12. Tom Copely
13. Tom Fairweather
14. Koji Nakada
15. Dom Jones

From watching the trial games this is the strongest side to come out of the games. Few surprises but very strong.
Where is Tevita Maka? Does he even go to Marist anymore?

hotman

Peter Burge (5)
iona faired up well against lauries yesturday, it 4 tries to 3 in ionas favour lauries kicked conversions and iona didnt, pretty even at half time however when iona put brad wilkin and jack holt then tables started to turn and iona started playing better, both teams have room for improvement especially iona's discipline.

B

BrisbaneRugby93

A largely second-string Iona First XV defeated an almost full-strength St Lauries side yesterday. Final score was 20-17 Iona's way, with Iona scoring four tries (Jack Johanson 1, Josh McKersey 2, Mitch Wiffler 1) and Lauries scoring 3 tries (2 forward push-overs and an individual try to Lachie Grey) and a conversion (Tim Robinson). St Lauries were well drilled and structured in attack and looked dangerous with the ball in hand, scoring twice before Iona was on the board. However, Iona counter-attacked well through their backs and Lauries defended poorly outwide, with all four Iona tries coming as a result of back play or expansive ball movement. Despite this, Iona's discipline was very poor, and a player was sin-binned for repeated ruck infringements. Regardless, both sides showed promise and will definately be worth watching during the season.

B

BrisbaneRugby93

Also, any comments or points from Villa's trial against Churchie? And any other games played yesterday?

keeping it real

Bob McCowan (2)
A largely second-string Iona First XV defeated an almost full-strength St Lauries side yesterday. Final score was 20-17 Iona's way, with Iona scoring four tries (Jack Johanson 1, Josh McKersey 2, Mitch Wiffler 1) and Lauries scoring 3 tries (2 forward push-overs and an individual try to Lachie Grey) and a conversion (Tim Robinson). St Lauries were well drilled and structured in attack and looked dangerous with the ball in hand, scoring twice before Iona was on the board. However, Iona counter-attacked well through their backs and Lauries defended poorly outwide, with all four Iona tries coming as a result of back play or expansive ball movement. Despite this, Iona's discipline was very poor, and a player was sin-binned for repeated ruck infringements. Regardless, both sides showed promise and will definately be worth watching during the season.
From my spies at the Lauries v Iona game, I have heard that is was one of the worst games of football seen. Plenty of dropped ball from both sides, skill level down. Hoping for better.

B

BrisbaneRugby93

From my spies at the Lauries v Iona game, I have heard that is was one of the worst games of football seen. Plenty of dropped ball from both sides, skill level down. Hoping for better.

Definately NOT one of "the worst games of football seen". Yes, both teams did not perform anywhere close to their best, but dropped ball and other errors were at the average level for a pre-season trial. You sound like a Lauries supporter dirty with a loss from a very winnable game...

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
Also, any comments or points from Villa's trial against Churchie? And any other games played yesterday?
From my spies I hear villa played out of their skin to go down 20-5. By all means an admirable effort against a side that really should expect to win 8 games in the tougher GPS competition

rugbynerd

Peter Burge (5)
I was very I presses with the improvement at St.Peters. Sure they went down convincingly in the end against eddies, but hey look like the Peters team of 08 or 09 when they were competitive. A few structural changes need to be made, especially in defense but I hope they go out and have a really strong year. There scrum looked very good at Suncorp

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
I know it's very early days, but early prediction for AIC teams:
AIC 1
15. Wilson Bennett (Sec)
14. Tevita Maka (Ash)
13. Richard Skelton (SPC)
12. Rory Humphries (Sec)
11. Dean Van Heteran (Ash)
9. James Briskie (PAD)
8. Tom Richter (PAD)
7. Brad Wilkin (Iona)
6. Xavier Bell (SLC)
4. Lachlan Roe (Sec)
3. Alex Hatzis (SLC)
2. Andrew Manu (Sec)
1. Garrath Ryan (PAD)

AIC 2
15. Moses Rambi (SPLc)
14. Branagh Corcoran (IOna)
13. Kyle Blackman (SEC)
11. Tom Delaney (Villa)
10. Jordan Tkhatchenko(SPlC)
9. Cameron Knox (Ash)
8. Jordan Perese (Sec)
7. Jack Holt (IOna)
6. Lachlan Grey ( SPLC)
3. Aaron Sorridimi (VILLa)
2. Jake Bell (Villa)

S

sammy

AIC 1
15. Wilson Bennett (Sec)
14. Tevita Maka (Ash)
12. Rory Humphries (Sec)
9. James Briskie (PAD)
8. Tom Richter (PAD)
7. Brad Wilkin (Iona)
6. Xavier Bell (SLC)
4. Lachlan Roe (Sec)
3. Alex Hatzis (SLC)
2. Andrew Manu (Sec)
1. Garrath Ryan (PAD)

AIC 2
15. Moses Rambi (SPLc)
13. Kyle Blackman (SEC)
11. Tom Delaney (Villa)
9. Cameron Knox (Ash)
8. Jordan Perese (Sec)
7. Jack Holt (IOna)
6. Lachlan Grey ( SPLC)
2. Jake Bell (Villa)
Kyle Blackman made AIC1 last year as a fullback. He dropped out because he wanted to play confraternity. All I'm saying is hes more skillfull, stronger and faster to be even playing AIC2.

rugbynerd

Peter Burge (5)
Kyle Blackman made AIC1 last year as a fullback. He dropped out because he wanted to play confraternity. All I'm saying is hes more skillfull, stronger and faster to be even playing AIC2.

Mate Jono Kent was the AIC 1 fullback and was always going to be even before the trials, hence why he made QLD schoolboys. So let's stop with the talking of mates up if you can't back it up

S

sharpeyes

AIC 1
15. Wilson Bennett (Sec)
14. Tevita Maka (Ash)
12. Rory Humphries (Sec)
9. James Briskie (PAD)
8. Tom Richter (PAD)
7. Brad Wilkin (Iona)
6. Xavier Bell (SLC)
4. Lachlan Roe (Sec)
3. Alex Hatzis (SLC)
2. Andrew Manu (Sec)
1. Garrath Ryan (PAD)

AIC 2
15. Moses Rambi (SPLc)
13. Kyle Blackman (SEC)
11. Tom Delaney (Villa)
9. Cameron Knox (Ash)
8. Jordan Perese (Sec)
7. Jack Holt (IOna)
6. Lachlan Grey ( SPLC)
2. Jake Bell (Villa)

Moses Rambi will easily make AIC 1. His bigger and faster than Bennet and runs hard.

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)
Final round of trials this weekend Lauries v Eddies, Iona v Padua, Villa v Pat's. Not sure about Ashgrove and Peters? Big test for Lauries haven't had a great pre season and need to start producing soon otherwise it could be a long year. Also congratulations to Villa on their performance against Churchie (even if it was mainly a fringe side) considering Churchie have been throwing scholarships around like lollies this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.