• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbynerd

Peter Burge (5)
Yeah yeah I see what you mean, poor blokes deserve a shot in a decent team! Seems like last year may have been a one off for Padua and Pats alike?

Exactly right. It shows with Padua #9. Should be AIC 1 but may suffer due to playing behind a poor forward pack, but definetly a good player.
Yeah looks like a 1 off year, goes to show you never know what calibre of players you'll get

E

Ewen.M

Pretty much spot on mate.
Thoughts on AIC 2 then?.

15. Brayden Torpy (Villa)
14. Branagh Corcoran (Iona)
13. Kyle Blackman (SEC)
12. Xavier Bell (SLC)
10. Jordan Tkatchenko (SPLC)
9. Joel Lui (Villa)
8.Tom Richter (Padua)
7. Jordan Perese (SEC)
6.Lindsay Collins (Padua)
3. Garrath Ryan (Padua)
2. Shaun Laurie (SPLC)

Anyone help to fill the blanks.
These are based on solid performances I have seen this year, even with Padua 0 from 4 . These forwards have done the job for me

I agree almost there. That is a pretty spot on team, except for one thing. Everyone seems to be overlooking the Ashgrove number 3 (Bryano Haling). Not only is he the best looking guy in their team and possibly the whole of AIC, he has the body of a god. Even though he doesnt have a great personality the ladies still drool over his every word. He has outstanding athletic abilities and never minds taking his shirt off. I dont see how he could not be a certainty for any AIC team.

P

pick and go

Reading from all your AIC team predictions, it only seems like there is only going to be one or two ashgrove player in an AIC rep team. Quite amazing to think that. Also Villa players have been harshly done by?

rugby1768

Allen Oxlade (6)
Pretty much spot on mate.
Thoughts on AIC 2 then?.

15. Brayden Torpy (Villa)
14. Branagh Corcoran (Iona)
13. Kyle Blackman (SEC)
12. Xavier Bell (SLC)
10. Jordan Tkatchenko (SPLC)
9. Joel Lui (Villa)
8.Tom Richter (Padua)
7. Jordan Perese (SEC)
6.Lindsay Collins (Padua)
3. Garrath Ryan (Padua)
2. Shaun Laurie (SPLC)

Anyone help to fill the blanks.
These are based on solid performances I have seen this year, even with Padua 0 from 4 . These forwards have done the job for me

Maybe these guys;
5. Andy Neil (SPLC) jumped really well against Ashgrove
1. Lui Afele (Eddies)/Ikaika Faoso (SPLC) Big boppers, need them against those gps teams

rugby1768

Allen Oxlade (6)
Reading from all your AIC team predictions, it only seems like there is only going to be one or two ashgrove player in an AIC rep team. Quite amazing to think that. Also Villa players have been harshly done by?

havnt seen villa play. heading to the game this weekend against peters, should be a good match. the missus little bro is playing u13's for villa so will have to convince her to hang around for 1sts. I havnt seen peters since they played ashgrove so i am very interested to see if they've developed.

rugby1768

Allen Oxlade (6)
I can see why you could assume that, and you make a valid point. But from the two games I have seen him play his skill set definitely translates to a quality no.9 rather than a 10.

fair enough. i just dont think the peters 10 will cut it against those gps boys. granted ive only seen him play a couple of times but he looked like he was afraid of getting hurt. needs to show more balls and not play so deep to get my vote.

R

Random guy

Villa Players who look a good chance for both AIC 1 and 2
1. Sorridimi: AIC 1
2. Bell: AIC 2
6. Treby: AIC 1/2
9. Lui: AIC 1/2
10. Hillsdon: AIC 1/2
12. Torpy: AIC 1
15. Delaney: AIC 2

hotman

Peter Burge (5)
i dont think the splc wingers would cut it to play against the gps sides, not enough experience in them, id say corcoran if he doesnt make 13 would slot in at wing for aic 1, even the padua centre or winger one the twins would have a great shot at making it

erossi93

Allen Oxlade (6)
It will be very interesting to see the results of all games this week. We might see an upset this weekend, what is everyone's last minute tips for the games?

P

pick and go

Villa Players who look a good chance for both AIC 1 and 2
1. Sorridimi: AIC 1
2. Bell: AIC 2
6. Treby: AIC 1/2
9. Lui: AIC 1/2
10. Hillsdon: AIC 1/2
12. Torpy: AIC 1
15. Delaney: AIC 2
Hopefully they can make it! Are there any Pats/Ash boyys who can potentially make it?

V

vansity

Dean van heteren- swemmar, i watched him play all of last year for churchie's 1st xv and he was a very scarce and consistent player and has alot of size on him, i would have to say he would be one of the best wingers in the aic comp atm..should be a good game for marist on the weekend against eddies.. <Marist by 2>

KVG91

Stan Wickham (3)
have to disagree im afraid. the 11 for peters has dominated his opposing winger every week and has about 6 tries to show for it. he is easily big enough, strong enough and fast enough to match it with the gps teams. the other winger bennet is only in year 11 so probs might not make it, but the guy looked better than both twins from Padua last weekend.

Bennet did not play last week as he was in hospital with Pneumonia. Balshaw replaced him and he was actually the starting winger before he fractured his skull during trials.

A

AGB

What about the number 8 - Drew from st patricks? and even the 11 - Butterworth.

Drew has been a dynamic ball runner, busting tackles and making linebreaks in every game ive seen of them so far.

Butterworth is one of the fastest players in the competition and has great finishing ability, is also solid in defence.

These two should not be overlooked for AIC 1/2 teams.

V

Viss

Villanova Vs. St. Peters - Have to go Peters here, Villa a decent side but Peters looking the goods up until Eddies come around. Peters by 15.
Iona Vs. St. Pats - Pats played well in the second half last week but the massive home crowd at Curlew Park played a big part in that. Different story away from home against a strong Iona side. Iona by 20.
St. Laurences Vs. Padua - Lauries will do Padua easy at home, Padua by 20+.
St. Edmunds Vs. Ashgrove - Ripper game on the cards, Eddies at home will be very tough to beat and IMO this is one of the worst Marist sides in memory, Eddies by 6 in a tight one.

Saecom

Peter Burge (5)
Some of the posts on here re AIC selections are dreamers ... I am old and have seen this stuff for years ... if St Eds win the comp (as I expect they will) they will get the most players in AIC selections (combined I & II), if Marist & St Peters finish second they will get about the same number and so on down. Some on here predicting 5 & 6 players from teams who have not won many games are just wishful thinking ..

U

Up and Jam

Villa vs. Peters- It will be close encounter, but I feel that Peters will come out on top. Villa are a good side but I think Peters will want to step it up another gear in preparation for Eddies the next week. Peters by 12.
Iona vs. Pats- I agree Pats are now starting to be competitive and are still looking for their first win, but not this weekend. Iona by 15.
Lauries vs. Padua- I think it will be a very physical battle at the breakdown and it will come down to who wants it more. Lauries in front of a home crowd by 8.
Eddies vs. Ashgrove- One of the biggest games of the season so far. Many predict that an upset could be on the cards with the Marist boys planning on shutting up their critics and compensate for last years home loss. It will a very, very close game but Eddies at home by 3.

Saecom

Peter Burge (5)
Villa v St Peters - Villa by a few, St Peters bubble to burst with a few injuries
Iona v St Pats - Iona win at home by more than 10, St Pats away and the emotional drop from last week
Lauries v Padua - Lauries by more than 10, Padua not much left to play for
Eddies v Ashgrove - Eddies by 7 at home, Ashgrove will not give up but they are not the force they used to be

B

BudgeeSmuglers

Peters over Villa- Peters to strong.
Pats over Iona- Pats have been unlucky, should've beat Ashgrove and Eddies, Davis leading the boys well, AIC 1/2 slection for him.
Lauries over Padua- Padua are weaker than watered down cordial
Eddie over Ashgrove- Eddies imports will do the job

Status
Not open for further replies.