• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koty30832

Allen Oxlade (6)
Final Round

SPC vs SEC Tight one SPC will be looking to get third over eddies although eddies are gonna be strong contenders. Might be a bit biased and say Pats by 5

Ash vs SLC Ashgrove will dominate SLC around the park, although lauries 100 years and back to runcorn day might give the boys in the blue and gold a run but ill stick with Ash by 10

Iona vs Villa Well is this game the fight for the wooden spoon this year aye? Local derby I hear? Well i havent seen Iona's team although i think it could be tight one, Villa's at home so i'll just go with the home team haha Villa by 7+

SPLC vs Padua Undefeated premiership on the line for Padua, SPLC will give little niggles against padua but i cant see anything to challenging Padua by 15+

AICrugby101

Herbert Moran (7)
Congratulations to Padua College on their 2nd and first ever undefeated premiership in AIC history. The Ashgrove dominance may have ended but there is no doubt that this has made the AIC what it is today, a competition that encourages all schools to take their rugby programs seriously and work towards winning arguably the biggest AIC premiership on offer. And here we are now with 4 different winners in the past 4 years, it is great to see. Next year looks like it will be another strong year from the Brown and Gold boys from Padua but I expect that these days, a "back to back" premiership will be very hard to achieve. Finally, congratulations to the boys who were selected to represent AIC teams, you have done yourself and your schools proud.

Greg Hemmings

Bob McCowan (2)
Padua vs. St Peters, final score 57-27. First ever undefeated premiership that the boys will remember forever! When over 300 boys ran onto the field at the end, it was an overwhelming feeling. Well done to all the other teams, to be apart of a 1st XV team is such an achievement within itself, considering all the training preparation and hard work that goes on behind the scenes. Congratulations to the players that made the AIC 1 team. I am already looking forward to next year!

The Ballkid

Herbert Moran (7)
Pats win over Eddies (Sorry cant remember score. It was about a try). It was something like 20 - 17?

Very disappointing Eddies crowd considering it was the last home game. Maybe 20 boys stuck round, none of which cheered at all.

I only saw the second half because of the soccer (they play at a different venue) from what I saw it was a very entertaining match down to the end. If people stayed it would have had quite the atmosphere I imagine.

Well done to the St Edmunds number 22 who when Pats fullback Phillip Hunt went down with cramps helped stretch his leg out whilst Eddies were in there attacking 22. It may have affected them in attack but there sportsmanship was outstanding and noticed by commended people.
Also Justin Sikimeti who looked like batman with his played with a broken nose after surgery yesterday.

The Ballkid

Herbert Moran (7)
Congratulations to; olddog, The Adjudicator and Campo1 who tied first place in the AIC Tipping Competition, all with 40 points.
Was a very close competition that will hopefully be back next year.

The Ballkid

Herbert Moran (7)
I am not completely sure but I believe this is what it is.
1 - Padua - Undeafeted
2 - Ashgrove - 1 loss
3 - St Pats - 2 losses and a draw
4 - St Peters - 3 losses
4 - Eddies - 3 losses
6 - Villanova - 4 losses 1 draw
7 - Lauries - 5 losses
7 - Iona - 5 losses

King Henry

Stan Wickham (3)
I see an old post regarding the 8A competition. Both Ashgrove and Lauries are undefeated (Ash drew with Padua) and face each other this weekend to decide the premiers. St Patrick's are third with two losses, followed by Padua, Iona and the rest. Good competition without scholarships.

Ashgrove 8A's premiers. Beat Lauries 24-12.

Bledisloe

Herbert Moran (7)
Very entertaining game at Banyo today....plenty of running rugby from Padua which set the game up early......hat's off to St Peters tho as they never gave up all day and came away with some late tries at the back end of the second half, however the game was well and truly over by then. A very dominant display by the Padua forwards....the whole team were very humble in winning...great to see....only one yellow card.
Excellent school turnout for the final game with plenty of the younger students watching on.....One standout for St Peters was there left winger and outside centre.....both know their way to the try line.
Overall St Peters were out classed on the day by a very well drilled Padua outfit......Congratulations Padua on winning their first outright AIC premiership.

The Ballkid

Herbert Moran (7)
Ashgrove 8A's premiers. Beat Lauries 24-12.

14A: St Pats and Lauries tied premiers (I think. Can somebody confirm that Lauries beat Ashgrove today).
Both undefeated as it was a tie between them in round 5. Second year undefeated for the SPC boys who last year tied with Marist.

1st XI soccer: Tied premiership - SPC and Iona

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
Congratulations to Padua on their first sole premiership, clearly the best team of 2015.

With about 6 boys returning fron their 2015 premiership side Eddies have been a major disappointment, losing 3/6 without even playing away against Ashgrove.

Any identifiable reasons for SEC's poor season? The reported crowd, or lack thereof, today should be a concern to them.

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)
Huge congats to Padua for their first undefeated premiership, and also to Iona for their first 1st XI football premiership. I seriously hope that the AIC and Chairmans boys give the GPS boys some hell.

On another note, can everyone compile a list of 1st XV players returning next year? Just so we can all know how strong the competition will be. This is all I know.

Iona:
#2 Angus Barker
#6 Nathan Marshall
#7 Tim Albion
#10 Joe Ward
#14 Brandt Quinn
#15 Will Feeney

Padua:
#1 Liam Usher
#3 Tom O'Toole
#4 Michael Wood
#5 Sonny Ah San
#6 Tim Andrew
#13 Ethan Pringle

Koty30832

Allen Oxlade (6)
Pats vs Eddies called it! 20-15

Number 22 deserves a medal aye, it was amazing to see this man help out an opposition player with cramps, suprised that a player from eddies could provide such a sportsmanship from such a grubby team at times. I watched many games and played one personally they just want to fight if they're not winning, very like hot heads.

Initially congrats to Ashgrove on winning 2nd XV premiership again.

Status
Not open for further replies.