• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)
Yeah agree with you AnthemX1, a stupid action which may have cost Iona the game. At that stage it was still 0-0 and if not for the low act would have been IONA scrum about 10m from Lauries try line.

I guess he's only a school boy with a lot to learn.

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)
Lauries best day yesterday probably for the last 5 years. All A teams bar the 14's won and the 15a's beat last years premiers. Big improvement on last year. I think the penny has finally dropped at the school and good changes are occurring.

rugbyXVtalk

Bob McCowan (2)
Padua vs Pats
First half was a good physical encounter with OToole and Sikimeti proving as to why they should be considered for AIC and Queensland schoolboys.
Second half was a run away with Padua showing skill and playing smart rugby.

Players of the game.
Lawson Crieghton
Tom OToole - was quiet in the second half

Sikimeti
Mana
these two boys need to help Jack Kelly and lead the boys. I look forward to hearing more stories of how these fellas are tearing up.

Padua also need to look at themselves and seriously think Premiership contention. What was seen on Saturday is not a side that will go all the way. Some decisions by there winger Zac Odonell and others who would rather kick the ball away and hope to god it stays in.
this then comes down to the coaching staff with teaching the boys to hold the ball, that's how you win a game of rugby
when I played first xv 5 years ago the favouritism in the padua squad was unbelievable and not a something I enjoyed looking back on it. I don't think they will go the length because team cohesion in the Padua side is becoming something the coaches should worry about

One another note. Its a huge disappointment that AIC have changed the times of games for the First XV. What is usually one of the biggest games in the AIC season the Pats and Padua crowds were really missing. Especially the old boys. Pats had a small congregation in the corner of the field. They usually have a huge turn out for this game.
AIC need to consider the people actually wanting to come watch. 1.30 is not a good time to play.
3.15 however gets all the boys down and an awesome atmosphere

Have a good week
Look forward to seeing tips and results for the week to come!

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)
Lauries best day yesterday probably for the last 5 years. All A teams bar the 14's won and the 15a's beat last years premiers. Big improvement on last year. I think the penny has finally dropped at the school and good changes are occurring.

Yeah it's was a great turn around for Lauries, What changes have been made?
Do keep in mine that the Iona 15a, last season premiers is a very different team from last season.
The three best players are missing, at the hands of GPS, two to Terrace, not sure where the lock in the year level below went. Ironically the year before Lauries stars where tempted to the dark side.

Prince Henry

Fred Wood (13)
Padua vs Pats
First half was a good physical encounter with OToole and Sikimeti proving as to why they should be considered for AIC and Queensland schoolboys.
Second half was a run away with Padua showing skill and playing smart rugby.

Players of the game.
Lawson Crieghton
Tom OToole - was quiet in the second half

Sikimeti
Mana
these two boys need to help Jack Kelly and lead the boys. I look forward to hearing more stories of how these fellas are tearing up.

Padua also need to look at themselves and seriously think Premiership contention. What was seen on Saturday is not a side that will go all the way. Some decisions by there winger Zac Odonell and others who would rather kick the ball away and hope to god it stays in.
this then comes down to the coaching staff with teaching the boys to hold the ball, that's how you win a game of rugby
when I played first xv 5 years ago the favouritism in the padua squad was unbelievable and not a something I enjoyed looking back on it. I don't think they will go the length because team cohesion in the Padua side is becoming something the coaches should worry about

One another note. Its a huge disappointment that AIC have changed the times of games for the First XV. What is usually one of the biggest games in the AIC season the Pats and Padua crowds were really missing. Especially the old boys. Pats had a small congregation in the corner of the field. They usually have a huge turn out for this game.
AIC need to consider the people actually wanting to come watch. 1.30 is not a good time to play.
3.15 however gets all the boys down and an awesome atmosphere

Have a good week
Look forward to seeing tips and results for the week to come!
Agree with you re start times for First XV. With grades 5-8 playing away and some games not finishing until 1pm, there is no opportunity for these boys to watch their heroes. Also commercially for the schools and canteens, must be a big revenue hit. Who made this decision???

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
No understatement to say that changing the times of the games is up there with moving rugby to term 3 as one of the worst decisions ever made in the last decade.

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)
Ok I'll have another go at posting this. How does a child in the case of the Iona player that got red carded not understand the position he leaves his team in when he spear tackles somebody. I cannot believe somebody is that dumb (maybe a league player) that he believes he can tackle someone in that manner and thinks he will remain on the field. Looks like the coach has to deal with more than teaching these guys rugby.
What was the players number? I won't identify him but can tell you if he's a leagie or not.

wendpt

Stan Wickham (3)
Yeah it's was a great turn around for Lauries, What changes have been made?
Do keep in mine that the Iona 15a, last season premiers is a very different team from last season.
The three best players are missing, at the hands of GPS, two to Terrace, not sure where the lock in the year level below went. Ironically the year before Lauries stars where tempted to the dark side.
This same Laurie's team also lost 5 Players to GPS schools when under 13's. The turnaround (and it still has some way to go) is due to a ground swell of Old Boy intervention and a recognition that a proud tradition of rugby history was being eroded. There is now a large number of Old Boys helping out across all levels and lobbying will continue to include more in coming years. A strength and conditioning coach has finally been appointed (also an old boy) along with Old Boy Reds and Wallabies players assisting with skills based training.

Managreve

Stan Wickham (3)
Agree with you re start times for First XV. With grades 5-8 playing away and some games not finishing until 1pm, there is no opportunity for these boys to watch their heroes. Also commercially for the schools and canteens, must be a big revenue hit. Who made this decision???

The moving of game times was done by the sports masters of AIC schools. There is very strong consus that this was a poor decision in the extreme. No consideration for school spirit/ support , traditions of the game, playing in the hottest part of the day etc etc.People around the grounds tell me crowds were down around 50% at all AIC 1st games. A weak decision that will impact the game on all levels.... All because the sports masters want to go home early !!!! ...only option...Email headmasters and sports masters to air your grievance.

harriez_94

Frank Nicholson (4)
Despite Villanovas loss, I think they have alot of improvement and potential in them! Expecting a top 3 finish.

I'm not entirely sure we were watching the same game mate. It was an absolutely dominant Ashgrove performance, in particular within the forwards.
Ashgrove honestly had a field day in the forwards with their set piece against Villa. The 9 / 10 (Jaz Day, Issac De Flavis) for Ashgrove had a relatively poor game but having watched them last year in 15's they are great players who just need to build confidence. The backline of Ashgrove had great speed and size (the 13), and ran their plays perfectly.

Looking forward to next week Ashgrove v Padua, should be a cracker.

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)
Despite IONAs red carded player (if someone could name what position he was), I think IONA have some potential, especially since their 2 strongest players are still injured. Im sure they would have beaten SLC if they were more disciplined, and I'm sure they will beat villa.

Michael Garcia

Frank Row (1)
Despite IONAs red carded player (if someone could name what position he was), I think IONA have some potential, especially since their 2 strongest players are still injured. Im sure they would have beaten SLC if they were more disciplined, and I'm sure they will beat villa.

I'm pretty sure it was the number 7, one of the backrowers anyway.

Cameron Toop

Stan Wickham (3)
The moving of game times was done by the sports masters of AIC schools. There is very strong consus that this was a poor decision in the extreme. No consideration for school spirit/ support , traditions of the game, playing in the hottest part of the day etc etc.People around the grounds tell me crowds were down around 50% at all AIC 1st games. A weak decision that will impact the game on all levels.. All because the sports masters want to go home early !!!! .only option.Email headmasters and sports masters to air your grievance.

Agreed! Anyone got those addresses ?

Status
Not open for further replies.