• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)
AIC forwards should be proud of themselves, really took it to the GPS scholarstars. Just got killed out wide unfortunately. There should be a couple of boys make QLD and O'Toole will be QLD 1. Biggest positive is that alot of schools had young sides this year so we should be stronger again next year as a result.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
AIC forwards should be proud of themselves, really took it to the GPS scholarstars. Just got killed out wide unfortunately. There should be a couple of boys make QLD and O'Toole will be QLD 1. Biggest positive is that alot of schools had young sides this year so we should be stronger again next year as a result.

Pleasantly surprised by that score line, I'll be interested to read a report on who played well for AIC.

If O'Toole scrummed well he'll be in one of the Qld sides, good player but importantly he is already well known to the selectors.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)

100% correct sir ( from GPS supporter)

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
Pleasantly surprised by that score line, I'll be interested to read a report on who played well for AIC.

If O'Toole scrummed well he'll be in one of the Qld sides, good player but importantly he is already well known to the selectors.

see qld gps thread for a good report. in short aic forwards should be proud but gps 11,13,14 and 15 just killed them. and why wouldnt they - they are all in Aussie 7 train on squad. Ikatu at 13 was that good he scored 2 tries set up 2 and was given an early shower. no wonder the Cowboys want him back up North. and yes Otoole outscrummed Luka who is an Aussie schoolboy

mgkent60

Frank Row (1)
Saw both the Chairmans XV and AIC 1 games at Ballymore last night. Agree with previous post that AIC 1 forward played well. Took it to the GPS 1 forwards who were much bigger and could not dominate. The Padua 7 was everywhere in defence and attack. Always over or around the ball. He frustrated the GPS 1 10 into punching him and was yellow carded. Padua 4 and 1 were good runners in open play and made good yards. Aix- 9 outplayed his GPS 1 rival. Score did not reflect the closeness or competitiveness of the game. Accurate summAry that GPS 1 13-15 towelled their AIC 1 opponents. The Marist 15 seemed overwhelmed with the Padua 23 being more solid in defence and you could hear him organising the backs as well. The AIC 1 13 was solid as was to 20 when he came on looking to make contact.
By the way - I am ex-GPS and a current ref. No Padua affiliations.

The Ballkid

Herbert Moran (7)
see qld gps thread for a good report. in short aic forwards should be proud but gps 11,13,14 and 15 just killed them. and why wouldnt they - they are all in Aussie 7 train on squad. Ikatu at 13 was that good he scored 2 tries set up 2 and was given an early shower. no wonder the Cowboys want him back up North. and yes Otoole outscrummed Luka who is an Aussie schoolboy

If Luka is an Aussie Schoolboy he will get in over O'Toole. That is just the way things seem to work usually, unfortunately.

The Ballkid

Herbert Moran (7)
GPS 3 beat Chairman's XV 51 - 10 (I think. It was something like that)
AIC 1 beat Combined Secondary Schools 19 - 15
GPS 1 tied with GPS 2 (I have forgotten the score)

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
score was 26 all

from a GPS 1 supporter i say
Otoole of Padua and Ngamanu 15 for BBC were 2 best players at trials.
Baker 9 of Aic will be in Qld 1 or 2

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
wood is a reserve for qld 1 and thats it?
Otoole is a reserve for Qld 2?
strange selections ?what did 1 for GPS 1 do except get pushed around?

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
Well done to those AIC boys selected, it doesn't sound like they were token selections so great effort.

Does seem like O'Toole was desperately unlucky not to get a starting spot though. Sure,he has another shot next year but you have to wonder what went on there.

I didn't see either game, but the impression is that the AIC boys competed hard and can hold their heads high.

The Ballkid

Herbert Moran (7)
AIC Boys Selected -

QLD 1:
Michael Wood (Bench) - Padua

QLD 2:
Louis Schwencke - Padua
Tom O'Toole (Bench) - Padua
Justin Sikimeti (Bench) - SPC
Max Baker (Bench) - Villa

pundit

Herbert Moran (7)
Congratulations to the boys selected for QLD. 5 AIC reps is a good result. Hopefully even more next year. How Tom O'Toole didn't get a starting spot is beyond me. Let's hope he proves the QLD selectors foolish at Nationals. Let the rugby do the talking.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^^ The key thing is to be selected, not where a player is selected. The "best" QLD team combination is often not seen until the Thursday game, and even this will be a compromise due to the inevitable injury or two, or one of the "bench" players showing some good form on the training paddock and at game time.

Cream rises to the top.

Plenty of young men have made Aust Schoolboys/Schoolboys Barbarians from Combined States, Q2 or Q1 bench.

wendpt

Stan Wickham (3)
AIC Boys Selected -

QLD 1:
Michael Wood (Bench) - Padua

QLD 2:
Louis Schwencke - Padua
Tom O'Toole (Bench) - Padua
Justin Sikimeti (Bench) - SPC
Max Baker (Bench) - Villa

There is also 2 ex-Lauries boys there as well. Both were offered scholarships to GPS schools.

Do we know if there are any other former AIC boys in the squads?

Status
Not open for further replies.