• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ballkid

Herbert Moran (7)

"SPC in Union"

Frank Row (1)

Hi all
Sorry for this video, it was meant for my son Morne after having a bad run with injuries the last 2 years

But in 2016 I will do a full season video of SPC 1st XV Team and I am sure that I will have 100's of photo's to share

Watch This Space???? SPC is going to be hot next year!:mad:

Well done to SPC 1st XV for 2015 you boys make us all proud!:)

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)
Any reports on how the AIC boys are doing at Nationals?

Schwenke is doing great for QLD 2, pesky in the breakdowns as he was for Padua. I think O'Toole started for QLD 2 today, unfortunately the team lost to NSW 1 by 20 points. Haven't heard anything of Sikimeti, Baker, or Wood.

QLD 1 will face NSW 1 on Saturday in the finals for National Championships.
QLD 2 will face NSW 2 for third/fourth place. I'm betting on QLD 1 for the win, will be fantastic experience for Michael Wood for when he returns next year.

pundit

Herbert Moran (7)
Schwenke is doing great for QLD 2, pesky in the breakdowns as he was for Padua. I think O'Toole started for QLD 2 today, unfortunately the team lost to NSW 1 by 20 points. Haven't heard anything of Sikimeti, Baker, or Wood.

QLD 2 will face NSW 2 for third/fourth place. I'm betting on QLD 1 for the win, will be fantastic experience for Michael Wood for when he returns next year.
Thanks Derick. Good to see the boys are mixing it with the best. It would be great if you could give us an update after tomorrow's games.

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)

From what I hear, some of the QLD 2 boys, particularly in the front row, vastly out scrums those from QLD 1. The forwards in QLD 2 have been very good at playing tight football, just lack of useful possession is undercutting their efforts. the QLD 1 forwards seem to be much better ball runners and quickly recycle possession, however their tight play and scrummaging sounds like it needs work.

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)
From what I hear, some of the QLD 2 boys, particularly in the front row, vastly out scrums those from QLD 1. The forwards in QLD 2 have been very good at playing tight football, just lack of useful possession is undercutting their efforts. the QLD 1 forwards seem to be much better ball runners and quickly recycle possession, however their tight play and scrummaging sounds like it needs work.

Yes it's true the Q1 boys aren't too good at the scrum. It might also be a problem with the second row, as the #5 from BSHS constantly collapses and bends. Michael Wood is a better scrummer, lets hope he gets game time tomorrow.

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)
QLD I victory over NSW II. Michael Wood (Padua) standing far right with arms crossed.
q1.jpg

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)
QLD II. Max Baker (Villa) crouched shirtless far left. Justin Sikimeti (Pats) standing third from left back row. Tom O'Toole (Padua) standing far right backrow. Lawson Creighton (Padua) in front of O'Toole.

q2.jpg

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)

dont forget that 11,13,14,15 in Qld1 are very very good and all in Aussie 7 s squad

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ Don't forget that 11 (BBC), 13 (BBC), 14 (TSS), 15 (BBC) in Qld1 are not from AIC schools.

@Blue & White, Why are you discussing them here? You should be proud of those boys performances at National Championships but in terms of this thread, it is irrelevant.

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)
Thanks Derick. Good to see the boys are mixing it with the best. It would be great if you could give us an update after tomorrow's games.

QLD II defeated NSW II 22-12 to claim third place. NSW I defeated QLD I 22-20 in an incredibly exciting final game. There were 21 Queensland schoolboys who were selected in the Australian schoolboys and Australian Barbarians sides, unfortunately none were from AIC.

I think now as all AIC players have retired for this year this thread should become quiet soon. Congrats to Padua for this years premiership, and well done to all boys who played National Champs and all who didn't.

Patrick Joseph

Bob McCowan (2)
Don't get too wrapped up about the "starting number" of O'Toole. Qld teams at Nationals seldom run out there "best" team until the Thursday games, and by then the "best team" will have been hit by some injuries, or "battlers" with bench numbers will be performing so well at training and on game day that they may get a start in the big game against NSW.

Last year #19 and #20 from NSW1 were selected for the Australian Schoolboys. Given the selection rankings mean that the NSW 1 Bench players allegedly rank behind the NSW2 Bench and NSW 1 and NSW 2 Starting Players (1-15), does this goes to show that the selectors "get it wrong"?

No, it just means that another group of selectors saw something in those boys differently to what the NSW Selectors saw. Just one blokes opinion on one day with no guarantee that they would think the same way on a different day under different circumstances.

In many respects, where O'Toole ends up is almost entirely within his hands. Play the house down at Nationals and anything can happen. Pack a sad and give up because he is on the bench is a sure way to guarantee he won't get selected for Aust Schoolboys or Schoolboy Barbarians.

By all accounts the lad sounds like he is the type of player that will do the former rather than latter, and he could go far
Have been OS and missed all the action... How did our Padua boy go?

BamBamRMH7

Bob McCowan (2)
St Edmund's College Number 8 Archie Taylor showing a few of his highlights from the season, enjoy! By far his best game against Padua College, who featured 5 Queensland Schoolboys yet numerously broke their line of defense.

PC Old Boy

Frank Row (1)
Padua Team List 2016 (Predictions)

1. Jed Chapman
2. Jack Stock
3. Liam Usher
4. Sonny Ah San
5. Michael Wood
6. Chris Bath
7. Tim Andrew
8. Owen McCarron
9. Michael McGrath
10. Ethan Pringle
11. Innes Brummer
12. Rob Meikle
13. Campbell Mahoney
14. James Taylor
15. Michael Cheer

16. Pat Wall
17. Harry Hunt
18. Patrick Hopsick
19. Chris Wolfe
20. Anders Sikora
21. James Palmer
22. Andrew Sheppard

I've been watching these boys for a while now and believe this is the team needed to secure the AIC premiership for the second consecutive year. This forward pack looks very promising again and have size and mobility on their side. The backs are quick and skilled, but will need to go above and beyond if they want any chance at beating the all star back lines of Marist, Pats and Iona.

Status
Not open for further replies.