• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mount Franklin

Frank Row (1)
After reading some of the comments about 1's hit on 10 in the MCA VS PADUA game I think that anyone that says it was a late hit clearly wasn't watching the game in was all clear from the paduas boys and a well deserved win and even with MCA 10 swinging at one of the Padua boys post match .

Seymour Butts

Bob McCowan (2)
Considering Villa have already been pumped in the seconds and Iona lost the first two games in the thirds, you may be a little off the mark with these predictions. Love to be in a tipping comp with you.

How have Villa seconds been pumped? As an Ashgrove parent i was very impressed by their efforts against our boys and i believe they got the best score against us, out of the whole school. You must be a bias Lauries father. Smh....

James Toodlenon

Frank Row (1)
Considering Villa have already been pumped in the seconds and Iona lost the first two games in the thirds, you may be a little off the mark with these predictions. Love to be in a tipping comp with you.

With St Laurence's beating 2nd XV favourites Padua, i believe the competition will come down to the last game, Round 7 - Laurie's vs. Ashgrove

Richie Hardox

Frank Row (1)
I don't get your comments and a few that have said the same thing. Ash had no pride in the jersey, seriously ????? As I stated previously, there has been knockers carrying on with this dribble. Padua won and good on them- well deserved , but no pride in the Ash jersey. Fair dinkum, Ashgrove lost by 2 points and gave it everything, it just didn't go there way. Its funny if Ash win, no one mentions pride, they would more then likely be saying, courage got the smaller team home or pride and guts got them the win. The game I watched both teams gave it to each other, Padua came over the top and it was the game of the year probably the last few years. Let the young men be and enjoy what is school boy rugby. Don't worry, from what I saw after the game these kids are hurting more then any comments getting thrown around on green and gold, the kids that have been training for 6- 8 months 4 to 5 days a week looking forward to every game. Hopefully they don't read these sites and just do what they have been doing and that's enjoying school boy rugby with their mates.
Ashgrove won't dominate forever and it may be Padua for the next few years? But surely everyone must realise that these kids gave it everything, they were spent at full time and went down by 2 points, not 32 or 52..... That's when I would say they threw the towel in or had no pride or even like some of the other schools just out of their depth. But they lost by 2 points in a great game. I disagree - they have pride and that was evident by the effort put in.
Hold your head high Ashgrove and all other School Boy Rugby Players !!

Supersid

Allen Oxlade (6)
How have Villa seconds been pumped? As an Ashgrove parent i was very impressed by their efforts against our boys and i believe they got the best score against us, out of the whole school. You must be a bias Lauries father. Smh..

Read the post I replied to, the post said that the Villanova side was going to win the seconds competition. They lost 39-7 to Ashgrove, I watched the game as well, they won't win the competition.

Seymour Butts

Bob McCowan (2)
Lauries will win 2nds and 16a's and with 8 starting year 11 players, next year will be a big year

With such strong rivalry between the schools i believe it will be a cracker game between Villa and Lauries in the 2nd XV.
Villa 1ST XV could win this week if they enter the game with the right team and mentality.

The Outside Back

Bob McCowan (2)
Padua 3rd XV are yet to lose a game, and haven't looked like losing. They beat Iona, Lauries and Pats convincingly, and pushed past a very strong Marist outfit. They are the team to beat and look like joining their 1sts as the other Opens premiership for Padua

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)
Padua 3rd XV are yet to lose a game, and haven't looked like losing. They beat Iona, Lauries and Pats convincingly, and pushed past a very strong Marist outfit. They are the team to beat and look like joining their 1sts as the other Opens premiership for Padua

so they beat 4 teams in three rounds, they will be hard to stop.

RugbyLord225

Frank Row (1)

Definitely the team to beat at the moment. A red-hot forward pack followed complimented by their very agile backline, through the likes of Sam Trimble and Tom Walsh, who look like they could both be playing in higher grades. Although the halves pairing, particularly the 10, Sam Kent is lacking any sort of control, the team still looks very dangerous. If your looking for any sort of entertainment before the big game at 2:15 I thoroughly suggest you get around the 3rds rugby and strap yourselves in for one hell of a game

rugbyrules1995

Frank Row (1)
The Ashgrove forwards are not to blame for the Padua win. They won enough ball for the backs to spread the ball and score tries. The Score: Padua and Ashgrove Forwards 1 try apiece. The Padua try happened because the replacement flyhalf obstructed his team-mate (a forward) at the back of the ruck and Padua went over. Padua backs -3 tries (one disallowed), Marist backs – 0. Congratulations must go to the Padua players and their coaches as they didn’t play as individuals they just played as a team. Great to see them not only relying on their forwards but used their backs as well.

The Outside Back

Bob McCowan (2)
The Ashgrove forwards are not to blame for the Padua win. They won enough ball for the backs to spread the ball and score tries. The Score: Padua and Ashgrove Forwards 1 try apiece. The Padua try happened because the replacement flyhalf obstructed his team-mate (a forward) at the back of the ruck and Padua went over. Padua backs -3 tries (one disallowed), Marist backs – 0. Congratulations must go to the Padua players and their coaches as they didn’t play as individuals they just played as a team. Great to see them not only relying on their forwards but used their backs as well.
Padua backs scored 1 try, and it was straight through McCall and the other forwards. Their other 2 tries were scored from pick and drives by Sonny Ah San, Padua's number 4. Although you're correct, their backs were shut down well and played well below par, a loss isn't an individual's fault, it's a team effort. They didn't play poorly, they just didn't come out with the biscuits and were outplayed by the better team on the day. Also great to see Padua's number 16 to play more than half the game. The debutant had a great game, especially considering the hard fought game he'd just played in seconds. Hats off to the kid, did let anyone down. Filled the very big boots Usher has at hooker. Shows the depth in Padua's opens this year.

rugbyrules1995

Frank Row (1)
My mistake but you are also incorrect. Try up the middle scored by Padua #15; #11 crossed twice but only 1 try awarded. #4 scored Padua's only forwards try. Marist actually scored 2 tries. #9 from back of ruck and #1.

The Outside Back

Bob McCowan (2)
My mistake but you are also incorrect. Try up the middle scored by Padua #15; #11 crossed twice but only 1 try awarded. #4 scored Padua's only forwards try. Marist actually scored 2 tries. #9 from back of ruck and #1.
Video highlights of firsts game if anyone's interested,
Highlights of the seconds.

Video shows it was Ah San crossing twice mate. #11 has a disallowed try only.

Status
Not open for further replies.