• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Dickens

Bob McCowan (2)
Although the AIC 1 team will mainly be filled with Ashgrove, Peters, Pats and Padua boys i still expect to see some Villa, Lauries and Iona boys in there like Brant Quinn, Clem Beaverson, Rani Robin, Joel Sherry, Patrick Agnew and Jarrod Cameron
I completely agree with you one that one mate, although these fellows didn't have the season they were expecting, the quality of rugby they produce was quiet impressive, in particularly there breakdown work, defensive structure and attacking game sense, i watched a couple of these boys play in there respected teams and my god they were impressive first XV quality to be honest with you, hope to see these boys run out in AIC 1 in future weeks.

Bledisloe

Herbert Moran (7)
12-5 to st peters with 18 min to go .....all of peters points have come from the huge amount of penalties flowing their way....

Aicfooty90

Stan Wickham (3)
Interesting game out at Marist this arvo. Ashgrove up 30 - 8 on Old Boys day.

4 red's and a yellow throughout the game (2 reds a piece). Game predominantly played within the forwards so was very physical.

MCA standouts: Wrattan was outstanding throughout (#6), #7, #2

For the backs everyone solid without being spectacular. Not sure who the #10 is.. Maybe a year 11er getting some experience for next year, looked very nervous throughout and played very deep. Surely De Flavvis will be AIC 1 #10..

Reactions: JR2

Theclassicmeatpie

Bob McCowan (2)
Went down to IONA this afternoon to see the black and white take on Villanova in the firsts . Started off slow however ended up being an absolute blinder with the score being 24 all. Not only were there big hits and good footwork, all boys on the paddock Put everything in the tank which is what you want to see. Good to see a lot of old boys out there watching with the only disappointment out of the game was the draw.

Supersid

Allen Oxlade (6)
Not the year Marist wanted in the firsts, beaten by 2 and 3 points respectively. Congratulations to Padua on back to back wins, wonderful achievement for their boys and coaches. I don't think there would be too much stress about the future at Marist. With wins in the 16A, 16 B, 15B, 9A, 9B and with seconds in the 15A and 8A things aren't so bad. With Dave Miles rumoured to take over the firsts next year, some strong years to come. After watching the 16A 'final' between Marist and Laurie's, these two sides are going to have a ding dong battle next year. Both sides have 4 or 5 kids backing up from the firsts, should be two of the front runners. The 16A game was an excellent game, quite brutal actually.

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)
Not the year Marist wanted in the firsts, beaten by 2 and 3 points respectively. Congratulations to Padua on back to back wins, wonderful achievement for their boys and coaches. I don't think there would be too much stress about the future at Marist. With wins in the 16A, 16 B, 15B, 9A, 9B and with seconds in the 15A and 8A things aren't so bad. With Dave Miles rumoured to take over the firsts next year, some strong years to come. After watching the 16A 'final' between Marist and Laurie's, these two sides are going to have a ding dong battle next year. Both sides have 4 or 5 kids backing up from the firsts, should be two of the front runners. The 16A game was an excellent game, quite brutal actually.

2017 is really the year that has been marked for Lauries for a couple of years now. Strong 16 age group and then 3rd year First XV players like Rutherford, Dean and Sheehan joining them. Hopefully a big off season will set them up to have a good crack next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.