• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NotJustGps

Ladder predictions?

1. Padua
2. Ashgrove
3. Pats
4. Iona
5. Peters
6. Lauries
7. Eddies
8. Villa

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
How many returning for each school? Ashgrove have Rafter, Wratten, Jenkins, Day, DeFlavis, Loff & McCall all with starting First XV experience.

N

NotJustGps

How many returning for each school? Ashgrove have Rafter, Wratten, Jenkins, Day, DeFlavis, Loff & McCall all with starting First XV experience.
From Padua the likes of O'toole (QLD 2), Usher, Wood (QLD 1), Andrew, Pringle and Ah-San. Iona have their 7, 10, 12 and 15 are also returning for another year? Anyone have their names?

Steve McGolty

Frank Row (1)
Any team predictions for the upcoming seasons, in particular Padua, Ashgrove and Iona?

Iona are going to be another nothing in 2016, the grade 11's they had playing where only there as the people they replaced where not up to standards they where there for experience and not because of their talent.

Jacob Sproule

Frank Row (1)
Iona are going to be another nothing in 2016, the grade 11's they had playing where only there as the people they replaced where not up to standards they where there for experience and not because of their talent.
Although I'm sure your some sort of genius due to the fact that you spend your time posting on school rugby forums I believe your statement to be somewhat idiotic. Many of the Iona year 11 players went on to make the Brisbane city team, they had two junior reds players and some of the others have only recently made the transition to rugby from league, which means there is obvious room for improvement in terms of reading the game and general game awareness. So in response to your statement I do not believe they lack talent and if you think they will be a nothing team I think you will be shocked if you come and watch them next year. But you probably wouldn't have time for that considering you'll be posting bullshit on a junior rugby forum

Steve McGolty

Frank Row (1)
Although I'm sure your some sort of genius due to the fact that you spend your time posting on school rugby forums I believe your statement to be somewhat idiotic. Many of the Iona year 11 players went on to make the Brisbane city team, they had two junior reds players and some of the others have only recently made the transition to rugby from league, which means there is obvious room for improvement in terms of reading the game and general game awareness. So in response to your statement I do not believe they lack talent and if you think they will be a nothing team I think you will be shocked if you come and watch them next year. But you probably wouldn't have time for that considering you'll be posting bullshit on a junior rugby forum

Which players are you talking about?

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Mate think whatever you want. Clearly you have a biased perspective and not a factual view supported by evidence. #VillaandLaurieswillriseagain

Not a factual view? Let's look at the First XV placings for Villa and Lauries over the past three years (you referenced O'Toole so I'm going to assume that you are indeed referring to First XV):

Villa (2013 - 2015):
5th - 4th - 7th

SLC (2013 - 2015):
7th - 8th - 5th

Rugby is very poor at Villanova and that is a fact. Lauries can at least say they do alright in the aggregate.
You are clearly a troll.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Mate as a Padua supporter myself I think it is best to leave it to the footy field. However you did mention the last decade where in 2010 Villanova were undefeated premiers and I believe Lauries performed well in years prior.

I mentioned the last half decade because I felt that to be a "top school" in the competition you have to at least rank in the top 4 consistently. Villa and Lauries may have done better in the years preceeding 2010 but to label them a top school is a bit much when you look at their current form.

This is a rather shallow discussion so I'm more than willing to "leave it to the footy field" and let the results do the talking. Villa will not come close to the top half of the ladder in 2016. Lauries just might.
Predicted top 4 would have to be Ashgrove & Padua as certainties and then likely Pats and maybe Lauries or Eddies.

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)
AIC prediction:

1. Randt - VILLA
2. Fitzpatrick - IONA
3. Roe - IONA
4. Matfield - VILLA
5. Eales - MCA
6. Kaino - IONA
7. Mccaw - IONA
8. Brooke? - IONA
9. Edwards - SPLC
10. Carter - IONA
11. Lomu - IONA
12. Horan - MCA
13. O'Driscoll - VILLA
14. Campese - MCA
15. Blanco - SEC

The Ballkid

Herbert Moran (7)
I think we can all agree the Padua have very short odds with 16A and B premierships as well as the 4 or 5 returning players.

St Pats will be strong but they will be interesting to watch as they have never had a podium finish in the Under Age years.

Filipo Levi

Bob McCowan (2)
Any 1st XV team predictions for 2016 - Schools will be in training soon, cany anyone have a crack at Iona and Villa and Pats?

The Ballkid

Herbert Moran (7)
Any 1st XV team predictions for 2016 - Schools will be in training soon, cany anyone have a crack at Iona and Villa and Pats?

St Pats 1st XV Prediction – This is definitely a draft at this stage
SPC came 3rd in 1st XV and 4th in 16A

1. Liam Jacobsen
2. Zac Hume
3. One of the year 11’s possibly​
4. Matt Munday
5. ???​
6. Jeral Skelton (could play second row)​
7. Bradyn Rees
8. Justin Sikameti
9. Liam Prendergast (Skippa???)​
10. ??? (Zane Pappin was 16A’s)​