• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

QLDTalentscout

Bob McCowan (2)
I agree with your comments on Lauries 16A side and what this means for next year. There are also a number of players in the First XV who are in Year 11 this year getting valuable experience. Also should have mentioned the #8 for Lauries 16A

Theclassicmeatpie

Bob McCowan (2)
It's now 4 rounds into the AIC season and this is the make or break of the season. I've been lucky enough to scout around a lot of games this season and I haven't been disappointed yet. Watching games other then firsts, I have seen a lot of talent in the younger ages. And most of this talent confuses me to why they are not playing in the firsts. I don't know most of there names but these are what I think there positions were from nearly every team in the competition.

Eddies - Its sad to say but Eddies don't have much potential in any age group. Although there are a number of big boys in the lower grades that could have potential to go big

Villa - Villa like st Edmunds is a team that has little potential in any age group. They get flogged every week and there's no hope for the seasons to come for the college.

Lauries - Lauries have a good 16A's team with a big forward pack looking strong for next years season. The flanks and second row are tall and hard to stop. Could be very dangerous in years to come. The 13 also runs very good lines in both the 16A and 2nd teams.

Marist - Marist have a number of talented players in the 2nd and 16A teams
Rafter? In the 2nds is a big boy, hits hard and should be in the firsts over the other prop in the firsts. He is lazy however he works hard when he wants to
Fly half for 16A's has a good kicking game and can do things with the ball. However he does not have a running game and isn't anything exciting, still a very good player in the team

Padua - Padua are up the top with the likes of Pats, Lauries and Marist in nearly every age group. There is a lot of talent in the 2nd and 16A age groups at the school
The 16A fly half is very talented, I believe he got dropped after the first trial game starting in the firsts but still don't know why. He has a big kicking game and has one of the best passing games I've seen. Definitely should be starting over the 10 currently. However, he doesn't run the ball and doesn't look confident in doing so.
2nds inside centre runs harder then anyone I've seen in the comp. he looks as if he feels nothing and he acts it aswell. He drops the ball alot and over commits play. But don't be surprised to see him getting a call up if someone gets injured

Peters - Peters are different to what I expected them to be this season as there firsts are up the top of the ladder just under the likes of Padua and Marist. St Peters 2nds haven't been going very well however and this is the same with there 16A's however jungala?? Is a kid with a lot of potential. He has a very good running game and has very good feet. He is extremely hard to stop however he has no one outside of him to support. Should be starting over the 15. He does have his flaws however in that he does go himself alot and doesn't look to pass. Sometimes poor decision making. Wouldn't mind to see him get a run in the firsts

Pats - Pats have the best 15's in the AIC competition and they are proving that this season, they have a number of good players but other then this they play good as a team. Could see a lot of these faces like Ethan Rees in the firsts next season.
16A's and 2nds don't have many players with potential.

Iona - Iona sit in the middle of AIC rugby nearly every year. There is a bit of potential in the seconds but not any individuals.
The 16A's number 8 Bailey?? However is a workhorse and is a very good footballer. He runs and hits harder then most of the first forward pack and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a run sooner or later as he deserves it.

You make some good comments, however villa may be go better than you think. Although the 15s this year have had a rough trot ( could potentially ends up with 4 wins) there are kids in year 10 playing up. As an old boy I can confirm that there are 7 grade 10s in the 16As - the 1,2,3,10,12,13, and 14 - plus one kid playing firsts (no1). Also I heard three kids from the 16Aa bench for firsts . So although I see your point there is a possibility that villa may go well in 2018 with a possible 8 changes to the team.

Square Bear

Frank Row (1)
Does anybody know who is responsible for the AIC sports website, there seems to have been no updates since round 3 on the rugby ladders.

QLDTalentscout

Bob McCowan (2)
St Peters Vs. Marist College
Round #4 | Definitely Match Of The Round

This game is the final decision for both sides for the spot at second for the premiership. Both teams are very well trained and work ethic is on point with forwards and backs. As they have both lost in a narrow game, both sides will come back stronger. This match is a game not to be missed as both sides are tough and rough on the pitch.

IMO Peters to win by 10+. Although marist backs are very skill fulled and hard on the pill. Peters forwards are likely to disrupt the line. The backs are on point in terms of back plays. However Marist forwards is most likely to cause damage to the Peters line. Marist prop Emosi Tiquri will play hard and when he gets momentum, it is hard to stop a train on its train track. I heard their fullback is also not one to miss as he is fast on the ball and foot work is prime.

I believe Peters has this win with forward units such as Charlie Dalmin playing at #8 and hooker Mahoney Duma will cause alot of destruction on the pitch. This game will mainly be a game of the forwards as both sides are well trained.

Matthew Abrahams and Braden Cambell in Peters are also not to be missed in the peters side as both have made multiple rep teams for league and union and are highly skilled when running with the ball.

Tyson Cooper playing at #12 for Marist is also one to watch when he is on the pill.

Overall this game is one not to miss

This will be a good game if you are a Ash supporter. Peters aren't that good. They beat two bottom teams, lucky to get over the line against Lauries and were then found out against Pats. Ashgrove by 24

sposa

Frank Row (1)
Everyone keeps talking about the #2 for peters. Is this the one that dropped the ball 5m from the line while hot on attack and then chucked a tantrum while Pats took the ball 50m in the next play resulting in a try? Or the one who sat out on the wing for 5min while his small backs valiantly defended five rucks against a good Pats forward pack and then yelled at them for 'not listening' to him because he wanted the ball? I'm sorry but I was severely disappointed with his attitude and work ethic. i hope I saw him on a bad day because his size is an asset that needs to utilised not wasted out on the wing yelling at his teammates to give him the ball.

Mainsail

Frank Nicholson (4)
19-22 to St.Peters. Big Ashgrove pack was dominated by Peters smaller pack in the scrums. Great close game, hard fought by both.

Reactions: JR2

Theclassicmeatpie

Bob McCowan (2)
Just came back from the villa vs eddies match with villa dominating 47-10. As I have been to majority of the games I have seen a large improvement by the villa team, only just losing to Lauries the week before. Although the first half was a little scrappy the second half was a blowout scoring at least 6 tries. The cowards dominated the breakdown and the backs picking gaps with ease. The next few weeks for villa especially against Iona should be interesting.

sposa

Frank Row (1)
What awesome news for peters. Never have I been so happy to be wrong in my life. Great result. Anyone see the game and have any rundown on strong players etc?

Joe Stevenson

Frank Row (1)
Went out to banyo to watch Padua vs Iona
Watched the 16A's Padua team beat Iona in a tough game, best players for both team carrying injuries throughout the game. 8 for Iona, 10 for Padua.
Number 12 for Padua stood up and won the game for the team.
Seconds was a tough game, but again Padua too good. Padua backs were too good for Iona and forwards for Iona weren't good enough. Standout was the outside centre for Padua.
Padua firsts as suspected won the game comfortably, Iona forwards just weren't big enough and defence was poor. Padua didn't play very well and didn't have much structure. But like every game the forwards stood up and won the game for the undefeated team

John Dickens

Bob McCowan (2)
After getting around to most of the games this season I've put together some frontrunners for AIC selection. Apologies if I'm missed a few boys, being Ipswich orientated I haven't had the opportunity to get out to some of the wayward fixtures.
AIC 1:
1. Emosi Tuqiri (Marist)
2. Liam Usher (Padua)
3. Jed Chapman (Padua)
4. Tom Tatum (Padua)
5. Harrison Vokes (Lauries)
6. Ben Loff (Marist)
7. Ethan McCall (Marist)
8. Edmund Dinnen (Lauries)
9. Cooper Edmunds (Lauries)
10. Brandt Quinn (Iona)
11. Patrick Agnew (Villa)
12. James Fisher (Villa)
13. Jaz Day (Marist)
14. Tim Albion (Iona)
15. Paul Mangelakis (Lauries)
Obviously massive absence of Eddie's, as much as I bleed the blue and white I couldn't justify having any of the Eddie's boys in this prediction. The age group itself is the complete opposite of the age groups that came through in 2013 & 2014 which had players like Clifton Setu (UQ Prem Grade) coming through the ranks. I believe this might have something to do with player consolidation and the lures of GPS Rugby and in particular the ever widening influence of Churchie. Emosi was probably the wildcard of the bunch, but after seeing him in action the other week against Iona at Ashgrove he's managed to convince me his youth isn't an issue, he has a great goose step and he glides past defenders with incredible pace, Iona didn't even get close to him. Only issue at the moment with him I can find is he always positions himself in the backline like an extra Fullback, probably just bad habits and can easily be coached out of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stan Wickham (3)
After getting around to most of the games this season I've put together some frontrunners for AIC selection. Apologies if I'm missed a few boys, being Ipswich orientated I haven't had the opportunity to get out to some of the wayward fixtures.
AIC 1:
1. Emosi Tuqiri (Marist)
2. Liam Usher (Padua)
3. Jed Chapman (Padua)
4. Tom Tatum (Padua)
6. Ben Loff (Marist)
7. Ethan McCall (Marist)
10. Brandt Quinn (Iona)
12. James Fisher (Villa)
13. Jaz Day (Marist)
14. Tim Albion (Iona)
Obviously massive absence of Eddie's, as much as I bleed the blue and white I couldn't justify having any of the Eddie's boys in this prediction. The age group itself is the complete opposite of the age groups that came through in 2013 & 2014 which had players like Clifton Setu (UQ Prem Grade) coming through the ranks. I believe this might have something to do with player consolidation and the lures of GPS Rugby and in particular the ever widening influence of Churchie. Emosi was probably the wildcard of the bunch, but after seeing him in action the other week against Iona at Ashgrove he's managed to convince me his youth isn't an issue, he has a great goose step and he glides past defenders with incredible pace, Iona didn't even get close to him. Only issue at the moment with him I can find is he always positions himself in the backline like an extra Fullback, probably just bad habits and can easily be coached out of him.

You obviously havent been out to a pats game yet. Giving no love to the pats boy's. IMO the locks from pats and the 14 have out played their opposite number in everygame all season.

John Dickens

Bob McCowan (2)
You obviously havent been out to a pats game yet. Giving no love to the pats boy's. IMO the locks from pats and the 14 have out played their opposite number in everygame all season.
Yeah hey mate ! I've coached a lot of teams in my day and is been in touch with multiple sources from the AIC ranks and these boys are most likely going be selected, but I do understand that some of the pats boys, may be in the starting team. But then again this is what multiple sources have told me mate.

BoyBoyBoy

Frank Row (1)
St Pats forward has dominated every team they've played so far. Even making Padua forwards look like nothing. And i dont see them not being able to dominate Marist nmext week either. Every fprward in Pats have outplayed there opponents, besides maybe Michael Wood or so.

AIC 2017

Frank Row (1)
It's nearly the end of the season and looking into the younger grades there is some talent for next years season. AIC first XV should be a very tough competition next year.
Ladder prediction
1. Lauries
2. Marist
3. Padua
4. Pats
5. Iona
6. Peters
7. Eddies
8. Villa

Having trouble finding good forwards for the AIC selection but backline looks very good with a lot of options in each position. This is what I came up with

AIC 2017 team prediction

1 Emosi Tuqiri, Ben Bath
2 Zak Smith
3 Matt Durnan, Villa prop first xv
4 Lachlan Connors, Ethan Rees
5 Darcy Channels, Jackson Boulton, Flanker villa
6 Campbell Brown, Roly Brosnan
7 Warren Rooks, Braydon Law
8 Bailey (Iona), Number 8 15A Padua
9 Jaz Day, Billy Rutherford, Nick Hughes
10 Brayden Croft, Cooper Miller,
Hayden Ryan
11 Shaun Anderson, Zane Atwood
12 Morne Knop, James Reginato,
13 Michael Cheer, Eddies Captain,
14 Zac Steer, Brayden Campbell
15 Ben Bucknell, Matt Weir, Jangala Bennett

sposa

Frank Row (1)
AIC 1:
1. Emosi Tuqiri (Marist)
2. Liam Usher (Padua)
3. Jed Chapman (Padua)
4. Tom Tatum (Padua)
6. Ben Loff (Marist)
7. Ethan McCall (Marist)
10. Brandt Quinn (Iona)
12. James Fisher (Villa)
13. Jaz Day (Marist)
14. Tim Albion (Iona)

Big call on the Lauries and Villa boys. 6 out of 15 from teams with two wins from five rounds and none from two teams with four wins from five.

I personally think the Peters #12 deserves a jersey and both Pats wingers outstripped the Villa wingers (not sure if Agnew played Peters though) based on the Peters games. Also thought the Pats #9 showed all the signs of being a great AIC1 half back. Great kick, accurate and fast pass, good acceleration and a bit of size.

Status
Not open for further replies.