• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Dickens

Bob McCowan (2)
Overall game strategy. May I please just note that this is my opinion on what will occur this weekend and at the same time I am delivering facts from sources that will soon why I have predicted this weekend’s fixtures.
Pats vs Ashgrove (Pats)
This weekend’s game will see the boys from Shorncliffe overcome a battling Ashgrove side. Ashgrove has come from a loss from a side which really isn’t that good (Peters). One thing can be said Ashgrove season is no more after losing to the possible premiership round against Padua. Pats have come to a successful win beating Laurie’s (Witnessed the game). One thing can be said Pats coach is aiming for a high-class attacking strategy this weekend, and Ashgrove to will be aiming for a high end attacking team. The winner of this match will be the team with the best defensive and highest energy running on the field.
Padua vs Villanova (Padua)
The Padua side this year has been of high class, hence why many players will rather find themselves in the AIC 1 team or chairman’s team. Padua is yet to lose a game but has only won a majority of their games by a few points. I believe that Padua has what it takes to win this game by a big margin but I feel as if Villa will not give up without a fight. Villa is a team which is on Struggle Street but if they overcome the differences between players and coach they will find themselves victors for this weekend. The stand out players for this weekend is, of course, Padua front row as they have beautiful technique when it comes to breaking downs and running lines at the same time they are the type of men that burst through the gaps and gain majority of the metres in the Padua team, Villa’s key player is there 13 he will be the difference in this game for me as he has the skills that could see him in AIC 1 if he’s team rallies behind him, he has the skills to turn the game around and create the biggest upset of the AIC History. Padua plan of attack As round 5, creeps closer and closer I have spent the day at my Son’s cross country event to write up detailed predictions for the fixtures this weekend. I have been on the phone for about 2 hours with multiple sources, and coaches from teams to discuss player’s performances and availability this weekend and their this week will be to get the big boys bursting through the gaps and I quote from a source “League style patterns/ lines”. Villa’s style this week will be working on their defence and at the same time their transition from attack to the defence which must be adapted if they are to win against Padua this weekend.
Peters vs Iona (Iona)
This week I am predicting the underdog school of AIC Iona to cause an upset to St Peter season. Peters have come off a big victory from the sobbing Ashgrove first 15, and will most likely throw everything they have at Iona. But Iona over the past couple of weeks has proved of some talent coming through the 2nd 15 and 1st 15. Iona key players such as Tim Albion and co will prove to be unstoppable against a young gun Peters side. Peters playing style this week will be of fastball movement to the backs and the only way to combat this is if Iona gets there speedy fullback and centres to shut down the play before it gets going. A word from the Peters camp is that their coach isn’t happy with the teams to enlighten over the past couple of rounds as team conflicts have shadow this team.
Laurie’s vs Eddies (Laurie’s) (Game of the week)
This is the game that will set up Laurie’s for the next two weeks. I believe that Laurie’s will topple over Eddies (Sad to say eddies fan). But Laurie’s is just too good, and I feel as if they have been robbed of a couple matches this year. Laurie’s style of play will be of the defensive structure at the same time maintaining an attacking structure, eddies will not know how to combat this structure at the same time will not provide themselves with an adequate structure. Key players for Laurie’s their halfback and two centres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stripes

Chris McKivat (8)
Watching the last couple of Iona games i have noticed there open side flanker, Marshall. This kid is a gun of a player and appraently plays QLD, any confirmation of this?

He's in the U18 Red's Emerging squad and has played for the QLD. Would be very surprised if he wasn't selected on the AIC team.

TTruswell

Frank Row (1)
St Pats Vs. Marist College
(Match Of The Round)

BOTH sides will give it their absolute all. Marist coming back from a loss from Peters will definitely have them determined. Pats will fight their hardest to not loose another game due to the fact that; if Peters beat Padua at Round #8 then the premiership will be shared three ways (Peters, Padua, Pats). All in all, this game will definitely be one not too miss. Players to lookout for in this match are: Pats #1 #8 #3 #9 #10 #12, Marist #1 #14 #11 #12 #10.

St Peters Vs. Iona
I have had the chance to watch most of Peters games, and Peters definitely have this in the bag. It is clear to see that Peters want the premiership as much as Padua so they will give Iona their all. Iona will give a fighting stance to the Peters side however their will be too much fire power from Peters backs and a dominating forward pack. Tim Albian will definitely step up his game this week to prove himself for a spot in AIC 1 however it is most definite that his every move will be shut down by Peters. Players to lookout for in this match are: Peters #2 #11 #14 #15 #6 #10 #13, Ionas #5 #1 #9 (Haven't seen much of Iona)

Padua Vs. Villanova
Padua has this game. High class rugby, the game will be runned by Padua's forward pack. Padua will be dominant throughout this game, however a fighting Villanova team may cause a headache. Players to lookout for in this match are: Paduas #1 #2 #3 #6 #15 #13 #9 #10, Villas #10 #9 #1 #13

Good luck to all teams this weekend.

Kyle MIller

Bob McCowan (2)
Iona's fullback Will Feeney has been injured since round 2 of the season and will probably miss the rest of the season, he defiantly would have been the fullback for AIC 1. Although I totally agree that the fullback for Padua will make AIC 1 he's a real talent, brings the ball back brilliantly.

footy12345

Frank Row (1)
Last year In the 15As ash beat Lauries to secure the premiership at Runcorn in round 7. End of this season will be a big game and could go either way for the 16s.

M

manonthehill

AIC 1 Preditions:
1. Joel Sherry (Villa): Absolute machine. Dominates everyone in scrums and will be the first pick for this team.
2. Mitch Heard (Lauries): School capt. and a weapon on the field. Played with and against him, very underrated.
3. Tyreece Felu (Villa): Grabbing meat pies left, right, and centered. Holds his own in the scrum and brother of Kenric.
4. Ben Eggins (Villa): Was a standout in the Villa team last year and for some unknown reason the coaches didn't pick him.
5. Rani Robin (Villa): Strong and big hitter, what else can the selectors ask for?
6. Michael Woods (Padua): Giant of a man. Little hot-headed but is necessary if the selectors want to win the games.
7. Possibly Peter's/Iona flanker.
8. Possibly Ashgrove and Pats 8.
9. Christian Green (Villa): Little kid with a lot of passion.
10. Jaykhim Coorey (Villa): This kid has some balls, absolute machine and reads plays like a book.
11. Patrick Agnew (Villa): Absolute speed machine.
12. James Fisher (Villa): Directs the play like some sort of well oiled machine.
13. Peters (12): Strong and fast, while also a play maker.
14. Oliver Fitzgerald (Villa): Strong and fast.
15. Will Feeney (Iona): Very good.

The Outside Back

Bob McCowan (2)
AIC 1 Preditions:
1. Joel Sherry (Villa): Absolute machine. Dominates everyone in scrums and will be the first pick for this team.
2. Mitch Heard (Lauries): School capt. and a weapon on the field. Played with and against him, very underrated.
3. Tyreece Felu (Villa): Grabbing meat pies left, right, and centered. Holds his own in the scrum and brother of Kenric.
4. Ben Eggins (Villa): Was a standout in the Villa team last year and for some unknown reason the coaches didn't pick him.
5. Rani Robin (Villa): Strong and big hitter, what else can the selectors ask for?
6. Michael Woods (Padua): Giant of a man. Little hot-headed but is necessary if the selectors want to win the games.
7. Possibly Peter's/Iona flanker.
8. Possibly Ashgrove and Pats 8.
9. Christian Green (Villa): Little kid with a lot of passion.
10. Jaykhim Coorey (Villa): This kid has some balls, absolute machine and reads plays like a book.
11. Patrick Agnew (Villa): Absolute speed machine.
12. James Fisher (Villa): Directs the play like some sort of well oiled machine.
13. Peters (12): Strong and fast, while also a play maker.
14. Oliver Fitzgerald (Villa): Strong and fast.
15. Will Feeney (Iona): Very good.
This Villa team must be something special. That schools going places with their firsts XV this year, especially with this prediction. Almost like they aren't 1 win and 4 losses, and looking to firm their position on the ladder as runners up for the wooden spoon. Fast, strong, defensively and offensively terrific! Obviously GPS will be no match for an AIC team stacked with 9 players from this Villa outfit, with 204 points scored against them in 4 games of fixtures, and scoring a whopping 15 points across these 4 games themselves! Exciting times ahead for this bunch of superstars.

M

manonthehill

This Villa team must be something special. That schools going places with their firsts XV this year, especially with this prediction. Almost like they aren't 1 win and 4 losses, and looking to firm their position on the ladder as runners up for the wooden spoon. Fast, strong, defensively and offensively terrific! Obviously GPS will be no match for an AIC team stacked with 9 players from this Villa outfit, with 204 points scored against them in 4 games of fixtures, and scoring a whopping 15 points across these 4 games themselves! Exciting times ahead for this bunch of superstars.
Yeah thanks mate! Your input is something I value! I'll take this into account!

BlindSide6

Allen Oxlade (6)

I'm heading to Banyo this week. I will make sure I'm down the end of the Villa in goal so I can get a good look at these blokes first hand ;)

Fencesitter11

Stan Wickham (3)
Not sure why I continue to put tips in here amongst some of the dribble on the forum but here goes
Pats V Ash
Tough game with Pats season on the line - Ashgrove have lost two tight games and I will go for them here. Hopefully, they have ordered a scrum doctor or made changes in the front row - if so I think they will prevail in another close one. Pats will fight hard but someone has to be on the wrong side of the scoreline.
Eddies v Lauries
The long season will continue for Eddies. Lauries are showing glimpses of form but need to do it consistently to trouble the top sides. Eddies playing for pride in the blue and white and need a bigger contribution from their bigger forwards.
Peters v Iona
After last weekend's win, Peters need to keep their eye on the ball and win this game. Too many time teams in their position focus on the big game next weekend and drop this one. Their forwards as a pack are playing well, enabling the backs to fire - love the work of the #10 at Peters. Iona will need to be their top and have all hands on deck if they are to trouble Peters.
Padua v Villa
Padua to win here - Villa have struggled when they have faced the top half of the table and that will continue here no matter who is in their side from 1sts or 2nds. Padua will be hoping to get through the game injury free in order to go for the outright back to back premierships next weekend at Indooroopilly.

Good luck to all boys.

Return of the Jedi

Frank Row (1)
Agree with John Dickens that St Pats will give Ashgrove a shake. Pats have a strong front row and the predicted wet might advantage them, but I'll still go with us in a tight one.

Padua/Villa, I think Padua by streets although I note that Villa got on the board last week against a struggling Eddies. If it's wet the Padua scrum might drown Villa. There is mention in the John Dickens post about the Villa troubles between coach and team, from what I have heard from a parent it is an absolute mess and getting nasty. Apparently a lot of effort went into pre-season and then it fell into a heap with selection issues starting with a squad that went to Sydney. In the game at Ashgrove, unfortunately Villa were embarrassed. Villa did have two forwards in the seconds who were pretty decent players and should obviously be in a fairly weak first XV. I'm told the coach has refused to select the backrower captain of the seconds who scores tries every week, regardless of performance and not even a run on the becnh. Any word what the issues are, let's hope that they are fixed for next year as the comp needs a few of these struggling teams to put up a fight.

St Peters/Iona , St Peters a bit too classy in outside backs. Should be a good game.

Lauries/Eddies, given Eddies were well beaten by Villa, hard to see them rolling Lauries. The wet might even this game a bit though.

Seymour Butts

Bob McCowan (2)
Villa vs. Padua
Coming off two very impressive home games, the Villa pack will be out in force to try and shutdown the aggressive Padua forwards. The predicted wet weather will only help Villa and if they play with confidence, spectators could be left witnessing a close & exciting game.

M

manonthehill

Villa vs. Padua
Coming off two very impressive home games, the Villa pack will be out in force to try and shutdown the aggressive Padua forwards. The predicted wet weather will only help Villa and if they play with confidence, spectators could be left witnessing a close & exciting game.

Villa will most likely get the W this weekend

amanda hugenkiss

Frank Row (1)
Villa vs. Padua

You have a very good idea of your rugby dont you? that is exactly what i was thinking, with big rani robin leading the pack out onto the famous Banyo fields, it should be a good game, im expecting the so called infamous red head captain from the seconds to make an appearance in the firsts this week. im predicting a big score by villa this week to take down the so called premiership team.

Wynnum Grad

Bob McCowan (2)
With Ashgrove, Padua, Pats, Eddies, Lauries and Iona heading to Rockhampton for the Confraternity Shield Rugby League tournament commencing on the 26th of June, I'm wondering if there will be any boys having to choose between Qld Schoolboys Rugby and representing their school in Rockhampton. Schools such as Padua certainly have a strong league playing group but surely must also have boys in contention not only for AIC but also schoolboys at the state level.
This weekend I'm tipping Padua to be much too strong for Villa and win with a very healthy margin, Iona to put up a fight but go down to Peters, Lauries to have an easy win against the Eddies boys, and Ash to just get past Pats in a tight one. The final round should have some great games:- Padua and Peters in the premiership decider, Pats finishing on a high with a Cricket score against Eddies, and Ash and Lauries both playing for honour in a tight tussle that could go either way. Iona will play Villa at Iona on Old Boys Day - expect a much improved performance from Villa and both teams to throw the ball around. Iona by 12.

Seymour Butts

Bob McCowan (2)
I have heard multiple stories of yr11 1ST XV boys from 2015, not starting 1ST XV in 2016.... Ie. Villa and Iona
Anyone have an inside word on this?

Wynnum Grad

Bob McCowan (2)
I have heard multiple stories of yr11 1ST XV boys from 2015, not starting 1ST XV in 2016.. Ie. Villa and Iona
Anyone have an inside word on this?

At Iona Brandt Quinn played all 1st 15 games in 2015, but was 2nds for first two matches before coming in for the injured Feeney. Joe Ward played 10 in 2015 and is now 12. Change of coaches this year but Iona missed Quinn's aggression early in the season and Ward not doing as much now he's wider. Was it a mistake?- probably. As we keep saying- it's schoolboy rugby and selections are often puzzling.

Stan Wickham (3)
Does anyone know whats the go if the games do get canceled? Do all schools call off their games? or do certain schools play while others do not?

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)
Does anyone know whats the go if the games do get canceled? Do all schools call off their games? or do certain schools play while others do not?

just hope it's not like the 1st in AIC cricket, where if you don't get on both teams share points, and the other teams just get points awarded normally.
Not good if you are a strong team up against a weak one, which is what occur this season when IONA (who still went on to wina outright premiership) was up against Eddies and the game was a wash out, therefore Iona missed out on 4 extra points.

Status
Not open for further replies.