• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)
Lauries are saving their best performance of the year for next weekend. They are going to produce 70 mins which they haven't looked like producing in their previous 12 or so games. I'm also going to win Lotto next week. In all seriousness, Rutherford (9) and Steer (15) deserve AIC 1 starting spots if they outshine their Ashgrove opponents next week. They have been for the most part brilliant this season. Will any of the injured guys be a chance of playing next week? It is the biggest game for Lauries since 2009 so i really hope the players and coaches throw caution to the wind against Ashgrove.

jake loh

Frank Row (1)
St. Peter's 15 recently back from injury, was the 15 for last year, very quick and elusive, also a very good defender. Had some shining moments with the first try and good returns, got tired towards the end but was expected after not playing 3 weeks. Should definetly be in consideration for AIC

Echidna

Ward Prentice (10)
From the games I have seen thus far (including trials) the following 16 will def be in the AIC SQUAD somewhere.
SLC 9, 15
Pad 12, 13, 4
MCA 1 (Emosi if fit), 2, 3, 4, 7, 9, 10, 14 and 15
St Pats 3 and 8.
again im only talking squad not starting spots.
Pats and Padua will get another couple in each with possibly at least one from each of villa, iona, peters and eddies.

Reactions: Vik

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
Connors from SPC at 8 and Law from MCA at 7 is a helluva start for the AIC backrow.

Not sure who is the front runner for 6, although MCA's Brosnan has gone well.

Vik

Chris McKivat (8)
From the games I have seen thus far (including trials) the following 16 will def be in the AIC SQUAD somewhere.
SLC 9, 15
Pad 12, 13, 4
MCA 1 (Emosi if fit), 2, 3, 4, 7, 9, 10, 14 and 15
St Pats 3 and 8.
again im only talking squad not starting spots.
Pats and Padua will get another couple in each with possibly at least one from each of villa, iona, peters and eddies.
The Villa 13 outplayed the Padua 13 today- just saying ... He was strong - set up one try and scored another Villa 12 and Padua 12 were pretty much as good as each other - the centres at Villa are a strong point.
Agree with Pats 3 and 8 they are very worthy and agree with SLC 9 and 15 haven't seen Ash yet but they must have lions share of reps based on performance thus far

Echidna

Ward Prentice (10)
Along with SLC 9 & 15, MCA 9 & 2, Padua 13, the St Pats 8 and MCA 7 should hopefully get some form of Qld / Chairmans honours this year. From these the MCA 7, Pats 8 and Padua 13 are standouts.

Echidna

Ward Prentice (10)
Looking forward to the MCA v Villa match, last game of the season - to see these centres.
With the exception of Padua where MCA played very poor, had a couple binned and lost Emosi to injury, they have managed 50 against all others. St Pats were a good team but had a very poor game plan today.
I hope the centres for villa are that good and get a shot at rep footy, it makes it tough though when your team isnt going well and will in all likelihood finish the season with 1 or 2 wins. If form is any indication they will be on the back foot for the last game of the season and with that MCA 7 hovering wide I hope they are very good. Every play he makes is awsome.

ruggerman21

Frank Row (1)
The Villa 13 outplayed the Padua 13 today- just saying . He was strong - set up one try and scored another Villa 12 and Padua 12 were pretty much as good as each other - the centres at Villa are a strong point.
Agree with Pats 3 and 8 they are very worthy and agree with SLC 9 and 15 haven't seen Ash yet but they must have lions share of reps based on performance thus far
The Padua 13 went off in the first 20mins of the game with what looked to be a broken wrist or arm. The winger was moved to outside centre and managed to score two very impressive tries. This player is only in year 10 and is a player to watch in the next few years.

SIMMSY

Frank Row (1)
Whats the deal with Padua 2nd XV 10?? He seemed to dominate the 2nds match assisting in at least 2/3 of their tries against Villa. He also came on for part of the 1st's and certainly didn't look out of place. Not saying the Padua 1st's back line was lacking but surly he deserves a starting spot?? Anything to do with attitude or returning from injury?? (Cant see why else he wouldn't be starting?)

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
MCA should handle Lauries comfortably , and assuming they do , surely they''d command up to 6 or 7 spots as starters in the AIC Team and another 3 to 4 spots in the 23

2, 3 ,4, 7, 9, 14 and 5, 8, 10 and 15

Ten all up

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
MCA seem to have the rub of the green for the next few years in dominance of the AIC competition

I won't include current U16 in this query given fusion of current U16 in First XV - but with MCA's likely dominance of AIC spots this season - how does it look down the road?

If you were to pick an AIC XV in the 10's how many MCA boys make it ?

The 9's ?

Those in the know in these competitions (outside of MCA supporters) tell us about your guys you think would / should be in the frame

Lute

Chris McKivat (8)
MCA seem to have the rub of the green for the next few years in dominance of the AIC competition

I won't include current U16 in this query given fusion of current U16 in First XV - but with MCA's likely dominance of AIC spots this season - how does it look down the road?

The 9's ?

Those in the know in these competitions (outside of MCA supporters) tell us about your guys you think would / should be in the frame
............It's not even Tuesday!

Vik

Chris McKivat (8)

The 9's ?

Don't know about the Grade 10 lads but Villa and Ash dominate the 9A Comp - Villa undefeated in 2015 and 2016 - Villa side had lots of rep players last year both league and union and so far this season is undefeated I think - I caught last ten mins of their game on Sat and they smacked Padua - MCA is also undefeated in that age group so far this year according to AIC website - anyone know if MCA won the 9As yesterday ? That last game of the season should be a cracker

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Interesting with Villa

I had a guy tell me today that Villa haven't been defeated in a few years . In thought he was talking about 10's but it sounds like he was moreso talking about 9's

Villa 10's have also got a couple of very good players - One if their wingers and their Centre / 8 are very handy

Good to hear Villa are building down the line

Vik

Chris McKivat (8)
Interesting with Villa

I had a guy tell me today that Villa haven't been defeated in a few years . In thought he was talking about 10's but it sounds like he was moreso talking about 9's

Villa 10's have also got a couple of very good players - One if their wingers and their Centre / 8 are very handy

Good to hear Villa are building down the line
Yeah I think Villa 10As beat Padua right at the death yesterday - young fella scored two run away tries - he is a great ball runner - not sure of his position - but I think his surname is Agnew ?

Vik

Chris McKivat (8)
Agree that Villa and MCA are the top two teams in 9As. Padua are not far behind though and have closed the gap considerably on last season. MCA beat Padua in the last minute in round 1. Villa beat Padua yesterday but it was far from a smacking. Score was 10-7 at halftime and ended up 20-7 mostly thanks to some astute cross field kicks which isolated Padua's major weaknesses. The referee was also diabolical which did Padua no favours but was not the reason for the loss. Padua lost their no 9 before the start of the season which has proved to be a major loss as their centres and fullback are as good as any in the comp but just don't get enough clean ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry to hear about the 9 - this Comp is not long enough for boys to get over injuries - it's a shame that a whole campaign for a team can be over at week 1. With the rise of soccer it's hard to build depth to deal with this kind of thing - hope the young Padua halfback gets back on the paddock soon

Royalderry

Peter Burge (5)
The 9A comp has been very close - but there's not a split hair between PAD, VILLA and ASH from what I've seen. PAD led ASH all game to be beaten in literally the last minute of the game. That said the sides were close in ability. PAD scored first against VILLA with VILLA going to the break 10-7 (mostly from astute kicks) - VILLA got home on the back of some over-zealous officiating in favour of VILLA - all schools have "that one ref" - let's call it a home ground advantage hmmm - VILLA and PAD evenly matched with PAD forwards slightly more dominant and VILLA backs creating a few more opportunities through cross-field kicks - great comp and will be a cracker First XV comp down the track - IMO ASH looked stronger than VILLA in the 9A's - watch this space -

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Lauries did it fairly easy over Eddies today but will not be overly pleased with their last 20 Minutes, allowing Eddies a couple of soft tries. Great to see some quick hands getting he ball out wide to their fullback and wingers. Some great running tries off the back of good hands and speed. For Eddies, their big prop was busy and showed surprisingly good hands and footwork for a big man. Lauries back row was again very good again as was their 2 who scored a couple of very good tries. Some odd choices made at times by their 12 who seemed to be playing as another half for most of the game. Lauries 15 was again good and made some crucial breaks and scored a very good try. Entertaining game but Lauries should have won by 40. Not sure of final score sorry. Did not see last 5 minutes.

Fair Call TOT The Lauries boys played well and had a loss of stricture and composure when the ten went off, hopefully he will be OK for next week. The late replacements did not help the lauries cause with depth now becoming an issue as it will be for most teams. For mine the replacement prop for Lauries had a whale of a game considering he played a full game in the 2nds and came on after about 5 minutes.

For Eddies the ten played well as he did not have any front foot ball to work with and the Eddies set piece was under considerable pressure. Other players who went well were the 6, 9 and one of the centres. The big loosened prop has good hands but need more work on his scrummaging.

Lauries Best 15,10 and 12 in the backs hope his knee is OK. 2,3 and 8 in the forwards

I made the final score 38 to 24 with Eddies scoring a penalty try (Correct call) and another while the winger was in the bin. In the end the score flattered Eddies and lauries will need to be better this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.