• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Just thinking about it Happyman, this boy would be a first cousin of Emosi Tuquir, who has boarded at Ashgrove since Year 8.

As you would know, those Fijiian family ties are very strong, so that's probably your answer right there.

It sounds like you've seen this boy play for Souths, do you think he'll be a First XV contender this year or next?

This year Mate dependant on the vaguries of selection he is as good as your fullback.

Big J

Bob McCowan (2)
There's now reasons to like Padua, Iona, Lauries, Eddies, Ashgrove and Villa. But St. Peters can be a surprise packet and who will write off the rugby culture at St. Pats? The big guns will want to be on their toes each week.
Whilst I don't think Villa can win the comp I'm thinking they will be more competitive this year. The Ben Mowen and Andrew Slack development squads are finally starting to bear fruit. The comp needs schools like Villa and Eddies to be up there causing the occasional upset. I predict Villa 1sts will finish middle of the comp and maybe upset one of the front runners. I wouldn't under estimate them - the team culture is very strong and the boys are loving the new coaches. Anyway watch this space.

eagle

Frank Nicholson (4)
Whilst I don't think Villa can win the comp I'm thinking they will be more competitive this year. The Ben Mowen and Andrew Slack development squads are finally starting to bear fruit. The comp needs schools like Villa and Eddies to be up there causing the occasional upset. I predict Villa 1sts will finish middle of the comp and maybe upset one of the front runners. I wouldn't under estimate them - the team culture is very strong and the boys are loving the new coaches. Anyway watch this space.
I am hearing similar things out of cooparoo, new coaches have made great impact on the playing group, some new teaching staff who are also rugby people is also having a positive impact. The same can't be said for one of their local rivals, hearing reports of low numbers at training, and a distinct lack of confidence in the coaching staff, with some players openly refusing to train or play for them, very sad if true, this was villa 12 months ago, funny how things change with new voices

Theclassicmeatpie

Bob McCowan (2)
I can confirm that the coach of Lauries 16As last year had moved to villa. After guiding Lauries to a very successful season last year (finishing 2nd), Villas 16s should benefit greatly from his experience and will be looking to be a threat in 2017

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
So let me get this right; the 3 best performed teams at lauries last year
2nd XV (premiers) - coach has gone to terrace
16A (2nd) - coach has gone to Villa
9A (2nd) - coach has gone to state high
Director of rugby has moved on too I believe
They are some big gaps to fill and if earlier comments are true it sounds like a complete disaster zone is unfolding up there, great to hear villa are on the right track though

Being a bit harsh Dunc

Daniel Green

Frank Row (1)
Padua XV prediction: 3rd or 4th place

With big shoes to fill, this Padua lineup is the weakest they've seen in 3 years. They will heavily rely on there backs to perform as forwards look undecided. I think this Padua XV don't know what there in for and will find it tough against the harder teams like Marist, Lauries and Peters. A number of rugby representatives and former XV players in this team, players to watch are the 2, 8, 10, 12, 15.

1. ???
2. Ben Bath
3. ???
4. Harry Fox
5. Pat Hopsick
6. Pat Fall
7. Nathan Smith
8. Bruce Tavagaa
9. Connor Murray
10. Thomas Best
11. Zane Attwood
12. Cooper Miller
13. Hudson Creighton
14. Danny Heenan
15. Michael Cheer

Supersid

Allen Oxlade (6)
I'll have a crack at a possible Marist side.

1. Emosi Tuquiri
2. Jordan T (unsure of spelling)
3. Sam Carrigan/Clancy Wone
4. Andy McVeigh
5. ?
6. John Downes
7. Brayden Law
8. Roly Brosnan
9. Jaz Day
10.Hayden Ryan
11.Lachlan Tennyson-Woods
12.Shaun Anderson
13.Inosi Nadolo
14.Kaleb Pini
15.Ben Bucknell

Maybe Bucknell goes into the centres with Pini as fullback and Anderson on the wing. There will be a fair bit of competition for spots with a lot of depth.

redredred

Bob McCowan (2)
SLC First XV Team Prediction:

1. Campbell Brown (Firsts 2016)
2. Lincoln Clapham (16A 2016)
3. Kial Lundin Bingham (16A 2016)
4. David van Zeeland (16A 2016)
5. Angus Dean (Firsts 2016)
6. Nick Sheehan (Firsts 2016)
7. Darcy Channells (16A 2016)
8. Adam Walter (16A 2016)
9. Billy Rutherford (Firsts 2016)
10. Will Adams (2nds 2016)
11. Fergus Dearsley (16A 2016)
12. Zac Stannard (15A 2016)
13. James Reginato (Firsts 2016)
14. Peter Lamin (15A 2016)
15. Zac Steer (Firsts 2016)

There's been a bit of banter about the struggles at SLC. Most probably unjustified. A few good players and a lot of retuning First XV lads this year. The 4 - 8 will be competitive and the 15 was a QLD Sevens player this year. Pretty speedy and skillful. The 13 I believe is also a pretty handy Leaguey. Will be good to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
My mail is last year's 14A's stand out , Liam Newton , will be playing Firsts this year at Lauries

I would assume at 15 or at 12

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Danny Heenan on the wing at Padua ?

Why ?

No diss to the lad ...in fact a complement . I thought he was the stand out inside back of last year's U15 Gold Cup

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
SLC First XV Team Prediction:

Handy team with probably another half dozen who you could pick for changes, being
Callum Lauder
Jake Playle
16A halfback was pretty handy but no chance with the current half being a three year player
Braydon Croft played some firsts last year
Josh Hill benched firsts last year
Julian Hogasomething
Bailey Aspinal
Personally I think the 15's from last year are just not ready yet.

eagle

Frank Nicholson (4)
The mail I'm getting about the mentioned u14 player is that he isn't in any 1sts squad, nor do the coaching staff know who he is, his former coach is now at a rival school and from all reports had a very positive impact on him...I wonder if he'll still be there in term 2?

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Whilst I don't move in the same lofty and rarefied circles as your Highness my delivery boy is as legit as Mr Fahour.

And the mail wasn't delivered by Aurizon either so I am satisfied as to its bonafides

King Henry

Stan Wickham (3)
Here's my SLC first XV side selection prediction:

Prince Henry

Fred Wood (13)
MCA 2017 Firsts. Last year's team in brackets.

1. Emosi Tuquiri (First XV)
2. Angus Cowan (16A)
3. Sam Carrigan (16A)
4. Andy McVeigh (16A)
5. John Downes (15A)
6. Roly Brosnan (16A)
7. Braydon Law (16A and 1st XV)
8. Jordan Tukunui (16A)
9. Jaz Day (1st XV 2015/16)
10.Zach Hogan (15A)
11.Kale Van Dugteren (IGS 2016)
12.Hayden Ryan (16A and 1st XV)