• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wallabies1

With a fair few Paduans out this week, will Lauries be able to take them down? 8, 13 are core players in that team, and what about the bloke who got carded?

I think it'll be a tight game but Padua should be able to get up if they lock down the Lauries 15. Will also be very competitive in the halves with potential AIC positions up for grabs.

Hands like feet

Allen Oxlade (6)
Interesting receiving the sports newsletter at lauries last week and was shocked to see in the rugby report the director had written what he perceived to be Ashgrove's game plan for the weekends game and their key players - I doubt the coaches were capable of such thought. I've got to say I'm unsure how professional or respectful that is, not that analysis helped the result, but I would have thought any opposition analysis would be kept in a more private sanctity such as the team environment, I'm sure the Ashgrove coaches would be furious if they'd have seen it on such a public forum like that. A few rugby social graces lacking there me thinks. Looking forward to the Padua game, will be a cracker!

AliBarber

Bob McCowan (2)
Ali, I've only seen a few MCA games but I'm not sure you're right about the MCA wingers being starved of the ball.

Firstly, if you were at the SPC game you would have seen the MCA 14, Van Dugteren, get more ball than I've seen a right winger get in years, scoring 2 tries and making break after break.

Secondly, I thought I read that the MCA 11, Woodsy, got 3 tries against SLC.

I agree that this isn't a vintage year for centres at MCA, but Shaun Anderson at 13 had a blinder in the SPC game and apparently went really well again v SLC. He was average at 12 v Padua but has really come on since then.

Next year should see this year's MCA wingers in the centres, with Woodsy at 12 and Van Dugteren at 13, and if so they will be bloody hard to contain.

I also think that Bucknell is getting judged pretty harshly this year, possibly because so much was expected of him after a dominant 2016. Pretty sure you'll see him at 15 again for AIC, with the smaller, quicker 15 from Lauries on the wing.

Agree in principle Galloper, although the AIC shows Anderson with 3 and Woodsy with 1 from last weeks game against SLC. A GPS looker has seen most of their games and thought, like you, the wingers should be in the centres and the centres on the wings because their No. 11 especially and 14 are always in support and never get the fruit. My man actually said a GPS school is chasing the young winger for a 3rd term swap into the GPS system. They tried for him for a couple of years but family wouldn't have it . Would be a big loss for MCA for next year. A do know a State School was interested for their 13 game. I hope not because as much a I like my GPS rugby, we need a really strong AIC Rugby Comp. The MCA Fullback is a talent and had a great 2016 but can't be AIC without being a team fullback, sometimes you can try too hard. Back to Padua, how good would their No.12 be at 10. He is a real talent this kid Heenan. I think the last big game will be next week with SPC & Padua. I'm sure each is hoping for a shared premiership if MCA trip over or at worse a Runners-up.

Fafita

Frank Row (1)
As a person who only gets out to the occasional AIC fixture, I have been very impressed with the flanker from SPC Warren Rooks. I believe he played 7 last year and as a returning player is playing 6. Anyone know why this is the case?

Anyway, will not be surprised if he`s an inclusion to the AIC starting XV. Him and that young Connors lad have been an impressive pairing and if put together with Bradyn Law from MCA would be a lethal combo that would contend QLD 1 positions.

Fafita

Frank Row (1)
SPLC vs VILLA - Peters have been playing decent footy this year but unfortunately haven't been able to match any of the other teams. So with that given Villanova will get the win.
SPC vs IONA - It`s hard to imagine Pats losing at home to IONA. I expect Pats to bounce back in a big one this week after two poor results.
PADUA vs SLC - Padua at home. Game of the round easily. Will come down to how good the kicker is on the day.
ASH vs SEC - Yep, we all know what the result of this one will be. I expect Eddies to be on the field and not much more. Ashgrove by 70+ on Old Boys Day.

Royalderry

Peter Burge (5)
Big win for understrength Padua at Banyo - first half was arm wrestle stuff - big Padua forwards eventually dominating with a couple of pushover tries - Lauries willing at the breakdown as always. Padua best - 10 (usually plays seconds at 10); 12 (some massive hits, really dominates the midfield); 4 (destructive and massive haha); 6 (AIC chance?). SLC standout was the 15 - 7 played well also. Padua would rue the Round 1 loss to Ashgrove (a game that honestly could have gone either way) - could have been a 3-peat Premiership year. SPV v PAD will be a cracker next week.

ThisOlThing

Bob McCowan (2)
Padua in a good win against Lauries this afternoon at Banyo. First half was great rugby. A real crowd pleaser. Both forward packs were very good in that first half. Padua took the game to another level in the second and Lauries couldn't go with them. Padua 12 was a handful all day. Some great runs through the middle. For Lauries, captain number 5 was great. The 15 (Steer) again for Lauries was outstanding. Great first half try. Played in headgear this game. Padua v pats next week will be game of the round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stone Cold Steve

Frank Row (1)
The disciplinary action is decided by the college, Knowing Padua College there will be no further action taken to ban him from playing. Perfect example was last year with Michael Wood. So don't be shocked if you see Bruce Playing this weekend.

“He’s thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you done?”

Stone Cold Steve

Frank Row (1)
I assumed it was an automatic 1 week if you got a red. Not sure Michael Wood got any reds. He got a few yellows and the ones I saw were ridiculously soft. I didn't see the incident with Bruce but know it was purely based on a touch judge report with plenty of Padua supporters not happy about the decision. All played out in front of the SPLC supporters who were getting a bit desperate at 24-0 down after 15 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"If ur askin me what kinda vibe I'm gonna be laying down it's gonna be very much just a chill out 'lets get to know each other' type of vibe"

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)
Lauries were poor today. For the great efrort against Ashgrove last week this season has been a failure. I was disappointed reading during the week the write up about the Ashgrove performance acting as if they had won an undefeated premiership. The fact is there were 3 games this year that were games which Lauries needed to step up. Apart from the first 55 mins against Ashgrove and the first 10 mins against Pats they have all been poor performances. I know HLF has been vocal on this forum but I agree with him. Change is needed at the 1st XV level. Lauries won't be winning a premiership in 2018 but the chance is there in 2019 to do so. Let's hope the opportunity is not squandered like it was in 2014 and 2017. Congrats to Ashgrove as well today.

Royalderry

Peter Burge (5)
Lauries were poor today. For the great efrort against Ashgrove last week this season has been a failure. I was disappointed reading during the week the write up about the Ashgrove performance acting as if they had won an undefeated premiership. The fact is there were 3 games this year that were games which Lauries needed to step up. Apart from the first 55 mins against Ashgrove and the first 10 mins against Pats they have all been poor performances. I know HLF has been vocal on this forum but I agree with him. Change is needed at the 1st XV level. Lauries won't be winning a premiership in 2018 but the chance is there in 2019 to do so. Let's hope the opportunity is not squandered like it was in 2014 and 2017. Congrats to Ashgrove as well today.

SLC 9A very good today - they were 0-0 at HT again PAD but won by three tries to one in the end - the 9 comp is great - VILL/ASH/PAD/SLC/IONA all very strong

Status
Not open for further replies.