• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echidna

Ward Prentice (10)
St Pats score today? Next week is the game of the round.

Padua kicked into gear today. Some quality players. All too late for the premiership though.

Villa - what went wrong today? Anything go right? Next week MCA....Not the best game to finish the season on

MCA - One more. Awsome season. True squad effort. Great game to finish the season on.

Hands like feet

Allen Oxlade (6)
Lauries were poor today. For the great efrort against Ashgrove last week this season has been a failure. I was disappointed reading during the week the write up about the Ashgrove performance acting as if they had won an undefeated premiership. The fact is there were 3 games this year that were games which Lauries needed to step up. Apart from the first 55 mins against Ashgrove and the first 10 mins against Pats they have all been poor performances. I know HLF has been vocal on this forum but I agree with him. Change is needed at the 1st XV level. Lauries won't be winning a premiership in 2018 but the chance is there in 2019 to do so. Let's hope the opportunity is not squandered like it was in 2014 and 2017. Congrats to Ashgrove as well today.

Agreed very poor second half today...again. The reality is the group of 2017 at lauries have been failed by their school. They can spin all the aggregate BS propaganda they like, yes as latho said this year has been a failure. That decision last year to reappoint those coaches, which goes down as the worst decision since the current head of sport was appointed, has cost us kids and coaches to other schools, and the chance to win a premiership at 1st XV level, id love to see a stat in term 3 on the number of ex-lauries staff and students involved in GPS rugby next term. I just hope the current year year 9s and 10s aren't subjected to the same mediocrity. Well done to Padua, their program continues to be an envy of ours.

lizzylovers

Frank Row (1)
Big win for understrength Padua at Banyo - first half was arm wrestle stuff - big Padua forwards eventually dominating with a couple of pushover tries - Lauries willing at the breakdown as always. Padua best - 10 (usually plays seconds at 10); 12 (some massive hits, really dominates the midfield); 4 (destructive and massive haha); 6 (AIC chance?). SLC standout was the 15 - 7 played well also. Padua would rue the Round 1 loss to Ashgrove (a game that honestly could have gone either way) - could have been a 3-peat Premiership year. SPV v PAD will be a cracker next week.

Couldn't agree more, Padua had a very convincing win. I'll have to make sure I get out to Shorncliffe next week to see the battle for second place, do you think it could go either way????

Echidna

Ward Prentice (10)
When MCA played padua they played poorly. When they played St Pats they clicked.
Padua should be favourites based on form.
Only standouts from St Pats team against MCA a few weeks ago were 8 and to lesser extent 3. Totally out coached that day (and kicking the ball back to MCA?? Why).There No 2 was outplayed by the more mobile MCA 2 whilst their backs got carved up.
If Padua play as a team, crash & bash and then spread it they should win.
Minimise the kicking and hang onto the ball.
Lets hope AIC selection reflects performances this year.

Micksullivan

Frank Row (1)
Most of the kids that are in year 12 will probably only have one game of union left in their life time and that's such a sad fact no wonder Union is falling behind every other sporting code in Queensland . We need to keep these young men in the game longer any suggestions

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Agreed very poor second half today.again. The reality is the group of 2017 at lauries have been failed by their school. They can spin all the aggregate BS propaganda they like, yes as latho said this year has been a failure. That decision last year to reappoint those coaches, which goes down as the worst decision since the current head of sport was appointed, has cost us kids and coaches to other schools, and the chance to win a premiership at 1st XV level, id love to see a stat in term 3 on the number of ex-lauries staff and students involved in GPS rugby next term. I just hope the current year year 9s and 10s aren't subjected to the same mediocrity. Well done to Padua, their program continues to be an envy of ours.

Very difficult to disagree with anything said there HLF. The current first XV coaching structure at Lauries is a concern. That is the first time that this age group has lost to Padua. this year is also the first time that this age group has lost to Pats. So realistically the common denominator is the coaching. As I have said before the teachers concerned are good guys but they do not have the high level of rugby coaching knowledge required. As anyone who has followed this age group knows that the coaches had the cattle. I would suggest that the new administration needs to look at the top tiers of the coaching within the school and make changes there are good rugby brains at the school they just need to get them in the correct positions.

As to the game on the weekend congrats to Padua. They played well and were justifiable winners.

Once again a game blighted by poor officiating. I would like to know how it is the responsibility of the dominant scrum to fix the problems for the front row that is getting owned. The yellow card for the Lauries hooker was a ridiculous decision.

As to the Padua Staff I was told that the player who was red carded last week played on Saturday. Assuming my mail is correct this is very poor and you need to take a good hard look at yourselves. As it sends the wrong message to the boys.

I play wing

Chris McKivat (8)
Once again a game blighted by poor officiating. I would like to know how it is the responsibility of the dominant scrum to fix the problems for the front row that is getting owned. The yellow card for the Lauries hooker was a ridiculous decision.

As to the Padua Staff I was told that the player who was red carded last week played on Saturday. Assuming my mail is correct this is very poor and you need to take a good hard look at yourselves. As it sends the wrong message to the boys.

That hooker was yellow carded for repeated infringements (offisde at ruck) not just for the one cynical offence which saw him sit in the naughty corner.

But yes it is very poor on Paduas behalf that the red carded player played but then again what more would you expect from the institution. Much worse things have occurred in past from their programme.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
That hooker was yellow carded for repeated infringements (offisde at ruck) not just for the one cynical offence which saw him sit in the naughty corner.

But yes it is very poor on Paduas behalf that the red carded player played but then again what more would you expect from the institution. Much worse things have occurred in past from their programme.

Hardly cynical when the halfback has cleared the ruck and the warning was some twenty minutes earlier so repeated is a bit of a stretch.

The other mystifying decision was deliberate knockdown penalty against Padua when the knockdown was backwards.

As to the Red card thing surely that loophole has to change, I could not believe it when I found out that it is the Schools decision as to any suspensions. Talk about a conflict of interest.

BlindSide6

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hardly cynical when the halfback has cleared the ruck and the warning was some twenty minutes earlier so repeated is a bit of a stretch.

The other mystifying decision was deliberate knockdown penalty against Padua when the knockdown was backwards.

As to the Red card thing surely that loophole has to change, I could not believe it when I found out that it is the Schools decision as to any suspensions. Talk about a conflict of interest.
I agree to an extent about red cards but the major issue is the standard of officiating. Given that the officiating on the whole is average at best it is not a big stretch to imagine a player getting a red card when it is not justified. Automatic suspensions would punish the player further (for what could be a bad decision) and with such short seasons such decisions could decide a premiership which no one wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W

Wallabies1

If the Padua boys decided to trial for AIC instead of playing Confraternity, they would surely make up over half the AIC 1 team.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Well for me the only locks on AIC spots would be :

3. MCA
7. MCA
8. Pats
9. MCA
12. Padua
13. Padua
14. MCA ( KVD )
15. Lauries

These would be my certs