• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)
Big game for SLC Vs ASH 10As this weekend
SLC big chance to take out 10A, 9A and 8A premierships
Win or lose this round, it sounds like a pretty good rebuild.
Especially with grade 10s making up numbers in the 1st XV which were decimated by injury after a promising preseason win over SPC.
Seems to be a lot of excuses for the 1st XV for the last number of years. I look forward to the year SLC overachieves. They lost by 40+ against Pats when it actually counts (which no matter how that is sugarcoated is unacceptable), same deal last year when they won the trial but lost when it actually mattered. Good luck to the boys today, Ash at Home on Old Boys is the toughest task in the AIC and they start favourities in all games today.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Carn Lauries !

Wish I too could be there today - a genuine traditional rivalry.

Still remember the first clash I saw back in 1980 at Ashgrove ( won by Ashgrove - as they were referred to back in the day - 18-15 ) Felt like there was a bit of magic and meaning in the game .

Good luck to all today

Torpedo Punt

Herbert Moran (7)
Seems to be a lot of excuses for the 1st XV for the last number of years. I look forward to the year SLC overachieves. They lost by 40+ against Pats when it actually counts (which no matter how that is sugarcoated is unacceptable), same deal last year when they won the trial but lost when it actually mattered. Good luck to the boys today, Ash at Home on Old Boys is the toughest task in the AIC and they start favourities in all games today.
Why do you say that ash start favourites in all games...that's bunkim....no one at SLC thinks that ...the program is strong and 9A and 9B have just stuck it up you and any other dissers. 9A won 17 zippo....first step in a rebuild is some positive commentary please

Vik

Chris McKivat (8)
Villa leading Padua by 38-7 what a boil over !! Deep in second half Padua look ordinary

Vik

Chris McKivat (8)
Villa 2nd’s rolled Padua 24-5 - slow start but finished really strong in a spiteful match. Padua red card for striking I think. Ash Versus Villa in the last game for the flag looks likely. Can’t see Peters 2nds troubling Villa next week.

Good day out for Villanova at Banyo. Quite surprising - fair to say Villa 1sts after wiping Padua off the map will start favourites next week against Peters in the Firsts as well.

Still can’t quite believe that drubbing.

Any other results???

Tall Paul

Stan Wickham (3)
Why do you say that ash start favourites in all games.that's bunkim..no one at SLC thinks that .the program is strong and 9A and 9B have just stuck it up you and any other dissers. 9A won 17 zippo..first step in a rebuild is some positive commentary please

Ashgrove started and finished favourites.

Apart from the 9’s games, SLC spent the rest of the day getting flogged - from the flats right up to the main oval.

From what I saw of the 10’s - (side note that SLC’s 10 B’s were pasted by 9 try’s to none or one) the 10 A’s were competitive for about 5 minutes of the game with Ash holding the ball and controlling play for the rest of it.

Thank you for the comment “no one at SLC thinks that”, in a couple of years you could get a job at the Reds with that kind of thinking.

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)
Why do you say that ash start favourites in all games.that's bunkim..no one at SLC thinks that .the program is strong and 9A and 9B have just stuck it up you and any other dissers. 9A won 17 zippo..first step in a rebuild is some positive commentary please
Congrats to the Year 9's. They are having a great year. SLC hardly won another game all day so i wouldn't be crowing at all. Ash won the 1sts 57-5...with a yellow card in the first half and a red card (i think) in the second half. Hardly got out of second gear. In fairness SLC tried hard and scored a nice try in the first half. 8 years now since a victory against Ashgrove - maybe 2021 will be the year!

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)
Congrats to the Year 9's. They are having a great year. SLC hardly won another game all day so i wouldn't be crowing at all. Ash won the 1sts 57-5.with a yellow card in the first half and a red card (i think) in the second half. Hardly got out of second gear. In fairness SLC tried hard and scored a nice try in the first half. 8 years now since a victory against Ashgrove - maybe 2021 will be the year!
Would also add that seeing such a small amount of Lauries students hanging around to support the First XV tells a story.

Hands like feet

Allen Oxlade (6)
Ashgrove 57-5 over Lauries, drizzly conditions probably kept the score that low. More injuries for slc as well. Round 7 against Iona to finish is a bigger concern now.

Vik

Chris McKivat (8)
Anyone got a Pats / Eddies score ?? Only Villa and MCA scores in the courier mail ...

Tbone

Sydney Middleton (9)
On a side note, fantastic to see the boys from both teams before the 9A ASH/SLC game join in a circle with their arms around each other and kneel on one knee to say a prayer for Connor Petterson, the year 9 Marist boy badly injured on school camp. Certainly brought a lump to the throat of this gnarled cynic. A very appreciated and magnanimous gesture from the Laurie's boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.