• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2020

Tbone

Sydney Middleton (9)
I'll give it a crack.

1) Ash
2) SLC
3) Villa
4) Padua
5) Iona
6) St Pats
7) Eddies
8) Peters.

Unless Peters have a stack of imports not sure where the smokiness is coming from. 1sts lost every game, the 2nds lost to Ash 4ths and the 10's had 1 team and didn't even contest scrums. Hope for the sake of AIC rugby they do pick their game up though.

Thoughts anyone?

DominosPizza

Bob McCowan (2)
I'll give it a crack.

1) Ash
2) SLC
3) Villa
4) Padua
5) Iona
6) St Pats
7) Eddies
8) Peters.

Unless Peters have a stack of imports not sure where the smokiness is coming from. 1sts lost every game, the 2nds lost to Ash 4ths and the 10's had 1 team and didn't even contest scrums. Hope for the sake of AIC rugby they do pick their game up though.

Thoughts anyone?
Not too shabby, Pats should be higher though

whistler

Bob McCowan (2)
1) Ash
2) Padua/SLC
4) Villa
5) Iona
6) SPC
7) Eddies
8) Peters

Ash will be at least as strong as last year. Ash have all their big games at home next year.
Villa will again spend more time in the editing suite than the training paddock. Its very kind of them to keep giving their opposition added motivation.

D'Lite Full

Bill Watson (15)
St Peters have a few new boys and a few back. I don't know all the details but a couple of the year 11 boys have credentials better than most in the AIC. I am guessing a little about the smoky bit but why not? Gets you all talking...

Cannot see Ashgrove being as defensively good as the 2019 team unless they have centres as good as Radford and Moller?

As we saw with Pats in 2018 and with several teams in 2019, playing big games at home is accompanied by more pressure and expectation than being away.

Tbone

Sydney Middleton (9)
Fair enough. You're right in that Moller and Radford will be very hard to replace, geez they were good to watch this year. Would love to have seen them shape up to the vaunted GPS centre pairings at BBC and TSS.

Hayden Lammon will fill one spot - ferocious defender. Attackers will think twice about running that channel after the first hit. Just needs to hold his discipline.

whistler

Bob McCowan (2)
Agree on Hayden Lammon. Not sure discipline will be too big an issue, being surrounded by mostly yr12 boys.

They will be as good defensively. The 9 and 10 next year will be much better defensively. As a team they will be as good defensively, and attack wise, they will probably be stronger, with a better 10 who will drive the team around the park and a better kicking game.

Not sure I agree with the pressure of playing at home games for these boys. Roughly half played in pressure games at SLC, Villa, and Padua this year. Then the added talk of going through the season without a point scored against them. Playing at home next year in front of their supporters will hardly compare.

Tbone

Sydney Middleton (9)
They will be as good defensively. The 9 and 10 next year will be much better defensively. As a team they will be as good defensively, and attack wise, they will probably be stronger, with a better 10 who will drive the team around the park and a better kicking game.

Who will be 9 and 10? Back 3 should be the same as last year. Nick Baker will move to 8 I'd imagine. Not sure on the tight 5, will all be new faces. Other year 11's I can see in the team will be Maxi Streathern and Will Andreas in the back row. 13?

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)

Who will be 9 and 10? Back 3 should be the same as last year. Nick Baker will move to 8 I'd imagine. Not sure on the tight 5, will all be new faces. Other year 11's I can see in the team will be Maxi Streathern and Will Andreas in the back row. 13?

I’d expect Matt Mitchell to be the 9, Harry Whitten to be the 10, both Second XV this year.

Wings will be Dwayne Ludwick and Hunter Dreghorn, both back from this year’s First XV, same with Floyd Aubrey back at 15.

Centres will probably be Hayden Lammon at 12 (Qld U15 rep in both league and union this year) and Josh Billing (First XV this year until he did an ACL in Round 1 v SLC).

I think Baker will probably play at 8, locks should be Lachy Laffer (First XV this year) and John Spencer.

Darcy Hammond will be one of the front rowers, the other two spots are up for grabs, as are the flankers although I wouldn’t be too surprised if Baker stays at 6 for team balance with Maxi S having a shot at 8.

whistler

Bob McCowan (2)
If Billing comes back ok from his injury i believe him to be better than Moller.
Agree on Mitchell at 9 and Whitten at 10. Whitten will drive them around the park well and has a very good kicking game, can handle pressure and just doesn't miss tackles no matter what size they are. The boy who played 7 for the 10As this year will be a real shot next year. I doubt Maxi will be in the mix.

Serge Blanco

Allen Oxlade (6)
I’d expect Matt Mitchell to be the 9, Harry Whitten to be the 10, both Second XV this year.

Wings will be Dwayne Ludwick and Hunter Dreghorn, both back from this year’s First XV, same with Floyd Aubrey back at 15.

Centres will probably be Hayden Lammon at 12 (Qld U15 rep in both league and union this year) and Josh Billing (First XV this year until he did an ACL in Round 1 v SLC).

I think Baker will probably play at 8, locks should be Lachy Laffer (First XV this year) and John Spencer.

Darcy Hammond will be one of the front rowers, the other two spots are up for grabs, as are the flankers although I wouldn’t be too surprised if Baker stays at 6 for team balance with Maxi S having a shot at 8.[/quot

whistler

Bob McCowan (2)
Good performances by the 4 AIC boys in the u16 Maroon team that won the JRC in Canberra last week.
All 4 started in the final. John Bryant went from not getting a run at all in the first game to starting in the final. His work rate in the final 2 games was very impressive. Floyd Aubrey was at his elusive best when given the opportunity at the back of an impressive backline. Nick Baker captained the team and I believe was named player of the tournament. Would have been nice to actually hear the presentation, the stream audio was very poor.

Special mention to Caleb Sturgess playing with the Barbarians. He was very impressive against the maroon team. Not sure how he didn't make one of the Qld teams.

Its a real shame this year group of boys don't get the chance to represent AIC against GPS I think it would have been a close contest.

mazzarand

Frank Row (1)
Predictions for Villa first XV

1. Harry Grant-Smith
2. Dante Santos
3. Adam Winsbury
4. Ben Craig
5. Will Johannesen
6. Kristian Tornatore
7. Hamish McKee
8. Ollie Harris
9. Will Lawrance
10. Declan Ries
11. Josh Bellinger
12. Gus Godwin
13. Oscar Harris
14. Oscar Donoghue
15. Hamish Muir

Sharron72

Frank Row (1)
Predictions for Villa first XV

1. Harry Grant-Smith
2. Dante Santos
3. Adam Winsbury
4. Ben Craig
5. Will Johannesen
6. Kristian Tornatore
7. Hamish McKee
8. Ollie Harris
9. Will Lawrance
10. Declan Ries
11. Josh Bellinger
12. Gus Godwin
13. Oscar Harris
14. Oscar Donoghue
15. Hamish Muir[/quote]

I think Tom Twaddell (grade 11) will also be a good option at lock. Kristian Tornatore (grade 11) is leaving villa which will open up a spot for Pat Cox (grade 12) or Harry Wallin (grade 11).