• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2021

Barry T

Frank Row (1)
Match report for the brown dogs? Haven't got to the recording yet.
8 tries to 2 for the men in brown. 24-12 @ half time with eddies scoring their points off gifted possession in the 22 (well constructed however). Eddies 8 was lucky not to receive a red card after a tip tackle which left Padua lock on his head. Pretty convincing win with the Padua boys showing they are capable of playing good footy. Unfortunately errors and poor discipline derailing their season in previous couple of games.

Tbone

Sydney Middleton (9)
Harry Grant-Smith and Tommy Lawrence from Villanova also,
Harry Holt (8) from Lauries
Padua definitely have a few but not too familiar with them.

Is that it or all that you are aware of? 4 from Villa and 1 from Laurie's doesn't seem right. What about the 6,11,12 and 13 from SLC? Was Ryan Jackson not available due to League commitments?

Iona too. Though Saxon Warwick and Beau Brown would have been sure things, or have they followed the MCA policy hence why the game is not midweek?

With Churchie not allowing their boys to play I guessed State High will make up the bulk of the Met East squad but thought SLC would have a few more in there.

chris1950

Bob McCowan (2)
Is that it or all that you are aware of? 4 from Villa and 1 from Laurie's doesn't seem right. What about the 6,11,12 and 13 from SLC? Was Ryan Jackson not available due to League commitments?

Iona too. Though Saxon Warwick and Beau Brown would have been sure things, or have they followed the MCA policy hence why the game is not midweek?

With Churchie not allowing their boys to play I guessed State High will make up the bulk of the Met East squad but thought SLC would have a few more in there.

Thats all I am aware of I am sure there are many more. Wouldn't be suprised if 12 was met east for lauries.

Tbone

Sydney Middleton (9)
Thats all I am aware of I am sure there are many more. Wouldn't be suprised if 12 was met east for lauries.

Would also think so, very difficult to find team sheets anywhere. The State titles start today, anyone heading out to Sunnybank for a look? Be good to get updates.

Tbone

Sydney Middleton (9)
Thread very quiet. No doubt because Villa, Padua and Iona seasons are done and SLC supporters don't want to put the Mocka on their team.

Honestly thought after 5 rounds there would still be 6 teams in the running but 6 has become 3.

This week the game of the round is undoubtedly SPC v Laurie's. This game will decide if the competition goes to the final round or if teams are just playing for pride in round 7. Marist and Pat's supporters will be hoping Pat's have a turn around in form to their round 3 demolition of Padua and with Pat's first XV having a history of growing an extra leg at Curlew this is not a forlorn hope. My heart says they will win, but his will mean playing to their full potential and Laurie's choking at the second last hurdle with victory in their sight, setting up an absolute humdinger of a day at Ashgrove in the final round.

However, my head says this is unlikely. Laurie's have been far too well drilled, too well coached and too disciplined to let this one slip through their fingers.

SLC to beat Pat's by 15
MCA over SPLC by 30
Villa by 10 over SEC
Padua by 5 over Iona

RYANSMITHISMYDAD

Frank Row (1)
WOW! What an exciting week of footy ahead! St Patrick's College host Lauries at home for their 'Back to Shorncliffe Day', this game is going to be absolutely riveting. Lauries look very strong and hard to beat, however with such a large crowd expected at Shorncliffe I'm sure the boys in the green and gold will gain an extra leg in their premiership deciding match. Standouts for me are Tim Ryan the 13, all season long he has shown how much of a threat he is when he has ball in hand and is in open space. The captain Jackson Dows is a quality 9 who leads the pat's boys around the park superbly, and loves a cheeky dart when close to the line. I have pat's winning by 5+ Tim Ryan to be an anytime try scorer.
The 3rds game will be one to watch as well with Ed Jilani using his big body for bulldozing runs, and luke ryan clowning the lauries boys with his filthy footwork.

chris1950

Bob McCowan (2)
Well good morning gentlemen,
Looking very forward to the SPC vs SLC game. If it was at the corn then i believe lauries would grab the win with ease however being at the very hostile curlew park, Pats have a very good chance to win this one if Lauries collapse. Lauries are incredibly well drilled and structured so I don't see them folding under any pressure.

Predictions
Lauries by 15 over SPC
Marist by 20 over SPLC
Villa by 10 over SEC
Iona by 5 over Padua

T

timmymont23

Heard there is a new player from the trenches of named cumdog$millionaire going to marist
plays on the ground (only if father is the coach)

drewprint

Colin Windon (37)
Tried to watch the replay of the SLC-St Pats game today but the feed crashed pretty early unfortunately - could only see the first 20 or so. Boy folks here weren’t wrong - great, hostile atmosphere at Curlew Park for old boys day. From what I did see Lauries kept their heads in the tough environment and started well from the word go. I hope the St Pats hooker is ok - big lump of a lad who was really physical in defence before coming off injured early, I wonder how much that hurt them.

I’ll be crossing all fingers and toes Lauries can finish the season off, defeat Eddies at home, and nab that treasured undefeated premiership!

AICrugby101

Herbert Moran (7)
Seeing Lauries going for an undefeated premiership feels like the old days again.

Will be a great achievement for the black and gold to win an outright premiership after a below par 2010-2019 decade. It might just be the start of a new era of successful first xv teams for them. AIC is much more competitive these days and it is a delight to watch. It has certainly become a great competition and it is great to see all schools have big crowds again. You wonder if AIC was never created if TAS would have grown to what we know as the AIC standard today, probably not. Let's hope this competition becomes a competition that doesn't have to do what they did some 22 years ago and form a new association. It's looking better and better as the years go by and let's be proud of it. Whilst GPS will be the benchmark in QLD, I can see AIC one day becoming more like CAS in Sydney and have a great history to be proud of.