• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2021

Dan Stavens

Bob McCowan (2)
Personally I think Tbones team is spot on apart from the 3 minor changes I made in my post above.
Regarding Qld 1/2 players, considering a number of the kids in all of the above mentioned teams weren’t allowed to trial you are kidding yourself if you think either of the Qld teams is a true reflection of what’s best on offer.

Personally, I prefer Chris's squad I believe that it provides a more well rounded team.

Regards Stavens

Dan Stavens

Bob McCowan (2)
Hearing reports that peters have been unable to field a rugby league team. This speaks volume to the lack of depth they display. Peters need to step up there game for future years if they want to win a rugby premiership this decade.

Tbone

Sydney Middleton (9)
Hearing reports that peters have been unable to field a rugby league team. This speaks volume to the lack of depth they display. Peters need to step up there game for future years if they want to win a rugby premiership this decade.

Peter's not fielding league teams, but don't blame the boys, from all accounts they were keen to play. The principal made the decision without consulting with the boys to see if they even had numbers. Piss weak. Not doing themselves any favours after also reneging on the AFL. Seriously, times gotta be up on this lot.

AICrugby101

Herbert Moran (7)
Peter's not fielding league teams, but don't blame the boys, from all accounts they were keen to play. The principal made the decision without consulting with the boys to see if they even had numbers. Piss weak. Not doing themselves any favours after also reneging on the AFL. Seriously, times gotta be up on this lot.

You wonder if they will bring in another school to fill in the SPLC round like Ambrose Treacy did for union this year? If SPLC continue pulling out of sports then questions must be asked about their membership in AIC. I know people will say they are strong in other sports but I do think that if you're going to be a member of this association then you must field teams in all sports.

AICrugby101

Herbert Moran (7)
Nice review mate. I'm confident the likes of SPLC and Eddies can return to their glory days. Eventually the schools will wake up to what is happening. Kind of like what happened at Eddies at the end of the 2000's decade when they started to take some sports more seriously and as a result they beat a very strong Iona to the track and field aggregate and saw success in sharing the 2011 First XV premiership with Padua and Ashgrove. The future looks very strong for SLC, Ashgrove and Padua who will be fighting for the premiership in the next few years i predict. Congratulations to SLC who also became only the third school to go back to back, Padua and Ashgrove being the only other two schools to do it in First XV.

Dan Stavens

Bob McCowan (2)
Nice review mate. I'm confident the likes of SPLC and Eddies can return to their glory days. Eventually the schools will wake up to what is happening. Kind of like what happened at Eddies at the end of the 2000's decade when they started to take some sports more seriously and as a result they beat a very strong Iona to the track and field aggregate and saw success in sharing the 2011 First XV premiership with Padua and Ashgrove. The future looks very strong for SLC, Ashgrove and Padua who will be fighting for the premiership in the next few years i predict. Congratulations to SLC who also became only the third school to go back to back, Padua and Ashgrove being the only other two schools to do it in First XV.

I agree Padua, SLC and Ashgrove do look set but can we truly call SLC "back to back premiers". They only played 3 games and didn't face Ashgrove. I'm sorry but I don't count that.

AICrugby101

Herbert Moran (7)
I agree Padua, SLC and Ashgrove do look set but can we truly call SLC "back to back premiers". They only played 3 games and didn't face Ashgrove. I'm sorry but I don't count that.

That's probably a fair enough statement about SLC going back to back but will still be engraved in on that trophy at the end of the day. Looking forward to what 2022 brings already. The league season will be another chance for schools to get one back at their opposition.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Match Details

Reds Academy U18 Matches
Date - Saturday 26 June
Venue – The Southport School
Kick Off Times –
1.30 PM - Reds U18 White V Waratahs 2
3.00 PM – Reds U18 Maroon V Waratahs 1

* Maroon bench will come from White Team

Reds U18s Maroon:

1. Carsen Patu - The Southport School / Gold Coast
2. Max Craig - Anglican Church Grammar School
3. Massimo De Lutiis - The Southport School / Gold Coast
4. Jock MacPherson - Anglican Church Grammar School
5. Max Johnson - Padua College
6. Nick Baker - GPS Rugby Club
7. Zac Hough - Brisbane Boys' College
8. Thomas Wheen - Brisbane Boys' College
9. Willem Johnstone - St Joseph's Nudgee College / Sunshine Coast
10. Taj Annan - Brisbane Boys' College
11. Campbell Warchirs - Brisbane Grammar School
12. William Latu - Kirwin State High School / Townsville
13. Jackson Barling - Brisbane Grammar School / Cairns
14. Kadin Pritchard - St Peter's Lutheren College
15. Floyd Aubrey - GPS Rugby Club / Cherbourg & Murgon

Reds U18s White:

1. Charlie Wigan - Toowoomba Grammar School / Darling Downs
2. Tyrone Albertyn - Bond University RC / Gold Coast
3. Harrison Swane - University of Queensland RC
4. Beau Brown - Iona College
5. Tom Twaddwell - Villanova College
6. Dimitrius Williams - Brisbane Boys' College / Gold Coast
7. Lolo Sekona - Brisbane State High School
8. Oliver Harvey - Brothers Rugby Club
9. Will Cartwright - Brothers Rugby Club
10. Harry Grant - Brothers Rugby Club / Sunshine Coast
11. Asher Wilson - Brothers Rugby Club
12. Syris Schmidt - The Southport School / Sunshine Coast
13. Robert Mapa - St Joseph's Nudgee College
14. Tai Dowling - Emmanuel College / Bond University RC / Gold Coast
15. Byron Smith - St Joseph's Nudgee College

16. Oahu Davey-Phillips - St Joseph's Nudgee College
17. Lington Leli - Brisbane Boys' College
18. Natiana Winikiri - St Joseph's Nudgee College
19. Xaelin Salakaia - Marsden State High School / Sunnybank RC
20. Spencer Smallacombe - Rockhampton Grammar School / Rockhampton
21. Tyler Maxwell - King's Christian College / Gold Coast
22. Wayne Meredith - St Peter's Lutheren College / Cairns
23. Gus Goodwin - Villanova College

Tbone

Sydney Middleton (9)
Thanks Reg, have you got the bench for the Maroon team? Congratulations to the AIC boys included, also to Nick Baker and Floyd ex MCA from 2020.

Won't deny raised eyebrows at a few inclusions though.

Pity it's at Southport, won't be making the trek this weekend. Hopefully some games will be in Brisbane as would be worth a look.