• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AICES Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

On the ball

Frank Row (1)
AICES Rugby Cup
Date - Wednesday 5th August 2015
Venue - The Hills Grammar School
Nominations - close on Tuesday 14th July.
Opens and 15 yrs (age turned this year) will be played. All games will be full rugby - 15 players.

A good concept that would give schools in AICES some competitive rugby.
Did the AICES Cup take place? If so, what were the results?

tragickingdom

Herbert Moran (7)
Unfortunately not. With the nature of most AICES schools it is very hard to field a fifteen players in any age group. this carnival was cancelled on Monday morning. There were 2 teams only in the opens and 3 in the fifteen's. It has been run previously with Nowra Anglican, William Clarke amongst previous winners. There is a carnival for opens AICES schools at William Clarke College on the 25th august.

tragickingdom

Herbert Moran (7)
As there isn't a AICES 2016 folder yet, i will post in here i guess. The CSSA 2016 team has been picked and there are some solid players from all over the state.

returning is the 2015 AICES First XV Captain Aron Peters from Parkes Christian and some AICES open and u16 players from 2015 - Jesse Heslehurst, Philip Fine,Lachlan Northey,Bai Rabuku,Robert Afele, Ben Shelley, Quartey Filipo and Tariro Makore. There are some sensational new players including the biggest centre I have seen for a while - Giordan Patea.

In the U16's we have representative players from all over the state including
Mackenzie Foy, Ben Francis and Liam Vanezis from Central Coast, Ethan Peters from parkes , Toby Payne, Aiden Wearne and Jackson Forde from Illawarra and many players from Sydney teams.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There really isn't the traffic to warrant a new thread each year.

Thread title has been amended to remove "2015".

If traffic picks up, we may establish a 2016 thread, and rename this one.

tragickingdom

Herbert Moran (7)
The AICES selection trial will have

Opens - CSSA, HZSA and a Barbarian squad with players from all over the state involved. About 60 boys trialing.

U16's - CSSA, HZSA, HRIS and a barbarian team as well. About 80 boys trialing in this age group.

25/5/16 at TJ Milner

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)
It's been a few weeks since I looked at this thread. Great to see Aron and Ethan Peters making the CSSA team again. There are a few other returning names, as well.

If I remember rightly, AICES was a young First XV last year. So, I'm looking forward to a big year for teams, building on last year's improvement.

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
AICES teams have been selected.
Some kids would be disappointed, but that is the nature of selections.
The CSSA Fullback broke his Femur! Surgery last night and physio had him on his feet today! Six weeks on crutches. Great kid, very sad.

Opens
William Buster ~ Calrossy AS
Charles Meyers ~ Calrossy AS
Tyler Sinhouser ~ Calrossy AS
David Hines ~ Calrossy AS
Lochie Urquhart ~ Carinya CS
Aetai Mertez ~ Emanuel School
Josh Nercessian ~ Green Point CC
Ben Shelley ~ Green Point CC
James Starkey ~ Hunter Valley GS
Liam Kelly ~ Hunter Valley GS
Jacob Till ~ Inaburra
Giordan Patea ~ Macarthur AC
Robert Afele ~ Mountain View AC
Jesse Heslehurst ~ Nowra AC
Aron Peters ~ Parkes CS
Jacob Van Dyke ~ Pittwater House
James Flaherty ~ Reddam
Nathan Vougdis ~ Reddam
Bai Rabuku ~ Regents Park CS
Lealofisa Papaliitele ~ Richard Johnson AS
Benjamin Meyer ~ Rouse Hill
Ruben Vermaak ~ Shellharbour
Cam Pitts ~ St Lukes GS

Under 16's
Riley Catts ~ Calrossy AS
AJ Pretorius ~ Calrossy AS
Sam Gray ~ Calrossy AS
Ben Grant ~ Calrossy AS
Sam Buster ~ Calrossy AS
Jake Urquhart ~ Carinya CS
Ben Francis ~ Green Point CC
Mackenzie Kay ~ Green Point CC
Liam Vanezis ~ Green Point CC
Ethan Hennessey ~ Illawarra GS
Joshua Fullerton-Harvey ~ Illawarra GS
Jahmeric Afele ~ Mountain View AC
Keiran Fallon ~ Newcastle GS
Aidan Wearne ~ Nowra AC
Tasman Leach ~ Nowra AC
Jackson Forde ~ Nowra AC
Luke Mounic ~ Nth Coast
Ethan Peters ~ Parkes CS
Kiteao Tima~ Richard Johnson AS
Jacob Barrett ~ St Phillips C
Tareq Hall ~ St Phillips PS
Daniel Darwall ~ William Clarke
Louis Potter ~ William Clarke

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
It's been a few weeks since I looked at this thread. Great to see Aron and Ethan Peters making the CSSA team again. There are a few other returning names, as well.

If I remember rightly, AICES was a young First XV last year. So, I'm looking forward to a big year for teams, building on last year's improvement.
The Peters men made AICES.

fortheloveofrugby

Stan Wickham (3)
From posted list of boys that gained selection, it would appear some boys whose names do not appear would be extremely disappointed . Selections are interesting, but as said that's the nature of it. Some talented boys missed out or possibly didn't trial this year?

fortheloveofrugby

Stan Wickham (3)
Looking at names missing who from previous comments performed well last year. Harrison Stein, Philip Fine, Tariro Makore, Lachlan Northey, Lakopo ? and Max Swanenberg, but as mentioned don't know if they were there. All talented boys, hope they are still playing rugby.

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
Looking at names missing who from previous comments performed well last year. Harrison Stein, Philip Fine, Tariro Makore, Lachlan Northey, Lakopo ? and Max Swanenberg, but as mentioned don't know if they were there. All talented boys, hope they are still playing rugby.
Quartey Filipi as well

tragickingdom

Herbert Moran (7)
Harrison Stein - 2 year sabbatical from rugby to concentrate on school
Philip Fine - shadow player
Lachlan Northey - shadow player

Lakopo, Max Swanenberg, - were missing, Lakopo wasn't at the CSSA trial either. Definetly big losses here.

Tariro - there were way better players

tragickingdom

Herbert Moran (7)
AICES U16's 2016 - this squad has a lot of talent in it. If anything it looks at least the equal of the 2015 cohort. Maybe better. Special players to watch in it are the returning flyhalf from 2015 - Sam Gray, the centres Mackenzie Kay and Jackson Forde who are strong, agile and fast, the back three in the forward pack including returning number 8 Jahnneric Afele and an amazing young ball pilferer , Daniel Dharwall. Up front there is size and skill with Jake Urquhart from Carinya Christian and Jacob Barrett set to muscle upfront.

Looking forward to see how they go in the trials against CHS and CCC.

Status
Not open for further replies.