• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

And so it begins. Trial match. Force v Brumbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So this is this weekend! First of all, anyone going who wants to do a GAGR match report for us?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I wish I could get there but scheduling a game at 5pm on a Friday makes it a bit tricky I wouldn't be able to get there will about 15mins from full time.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies squad: Nigel Ah Wong, Allan Ala'alatoa, Rory Arnold, Fotu Auelua, Jarrad Butler, Robbie Coleman, James Dargaville, Michael Dowsett, Sean Doyle, Blake Enever, Rod Iona, Jerome Niumata, Christian Lealiifano, Josh Mann-Rea, David Pocock, Scott Sio, Jordan Smiler, Jean-Pierre Smith, Ruan Smith, Henry Speight, Tom Staniforth, Joe Tomane, Matt To'omua, Mitch Wade, Nic White.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Force 31 man squad to face the Brumbies

Prop: Pek Cowan, Tetera Faulkner, Oliver Hoskins, Francois van Wyk
Hooker: Robbie Abel, Nathan Charles, Heath Tessmann
Lock: Adam Coleman, Steve Mafi, Wilhelm Steenkamp, Rory Walton, Sam Wykes
Back row: Chris Alcock, Angus Cottrell, Ross Haylett-Petty, Kane Koteka, Brynard Stander
Scrumhalf: Alby Mathewson, Ian Prior
Flyhalf: Sias Ebersohn, Zack Holmes
Wing: Marcel Brache, Brad Lacey, Luke Morahan, Mitchell Scott
Centre: Luke Burton, Kyle Godwin, Ammon Matuauto, Solomoni Rasolea
Fullback: Patrick Dellit, Dane Haylett-Petty

- See more at: http://www.westernforce.com.au/arti...umbies-pre-season-opener#sthash.xpTm1Y9d.dpuf

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
So, maybe a starting lineup for the Brumbies of:
Sio;
Mann-Rea;
R Smith;
Enever;
Arnold;
Butler;
Pocock (c);
Auelua;
White;
To'omua;
Tomane;
Lealiifano;
Ah Wong;
Speight;
Coleman.

I hope to see Dargaville get a run, perhaps at 15 where I think the Brumbies are a bit thin.

No Siliva? Is he injured?

Interesting that Niumata is getting a gig but Tauliali isn't in the squad.

As ever, the trials are about looking at options and combinations, so there will be a lot of swapping and changing going on in both teams I expect. The Force can also put together a very good first 15 from their announced squad.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
My starting team for the force would be

Cowan
Charles
Faulkner
Wykes
Colman
Stander/Mafi
Alcock
Cottrell

Alby
Sias
Morahan
Godwin
Junior
Lacey/Brache
DHP

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Surely you'd keep Cottrell at 6 and Stander at 8 as they usually play? Otherwise I like it.
Cottrel moved to 8 last year when McCalman was out and stander came in at 6 like he did most of the year off the bench either way both would be in the field. And I had mafi listed as 6 to give you the extra lineout option you lose with mccalman not in the side.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
My starting team for the force would be

Cowan
Charles
Faulkner
Wykes
Colman
Stander/Mafi
Alcock
Cottrell

Alby
Sias
Morahan
Godwin
Junior
Lacey/Brache
DHP

Should be an early opportunity to see how Colman, Arnold, Enever and Staniforth match up against each other. Most of these have been mentioned as emerging locks in various posts.

Force also have a strong centre pairing in the reserves in Burton and Matuauto. They were both very impressive for the Spirit in the NRC against the Vikings. Cottrell, I think, could be a Wallaby in waiting, while I was also very impressed with Lacey and RHP in the U20s last year.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I am a Cottrell fan but he's another notter and I don't see him being an easy fit for the Wallabies. Maybe he'd be an 8 if he puts on a few kgs or a 6 if you had an 8 who was a reliable jumper. Love his bone crunching tackles though.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
So this is this weekend! First of all, anyone going who wants to do a GAGR match report for us?
I can't really make a guarantee Reg, but I might be able to catch the game.
I can be on standby for another writer but bear in mind my first effort at a match preview will be awfully average (if I can get down there).

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Steve Mafi will start in any Force First 15. Dominant for Leicester Tigers before coming home.

Status
Not open for further replies.