• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Argentina v Australia II @ 5.10am 14/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Was waiting for this - bloke’s having a pretty good game so far, especially for a ‘former player’…

Hasn't been brilliant under high ball either (Quade was pretty solid) but is going well around the park and stepping in as White has been clobbered. He's taken heavy traffic too.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Hasn't been brilliant under high ball either (Quade was pretty solid) but is going well around the park and stepping in as White has been clobbered. He's taken heavy traffic too.
Yeah still work to do, but he’s taking it well to the line and seems to be decently organised.

Reactions: dru

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Unsurprisingly disjointed first half, but plenty of potential in the attack.

Yes but mores for the Pumas. D has been porous, line out is not where an international line out should be, scrum has had shenanigans, and we are not dealing with the high ball pressure. I'd have Hodge on at the back.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Yes but mores for the Pumas. D has been porous, line out is not where an international line out should be, scrum has had shenanigans, and we are not dealing with the high ball pressure. I'd have Hodge on at the back.
I think the pumas have been profiting off mess, that's something we can fix. When we've had ball in hand we moved them around as we wanted and created heaps of opportunity.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
I think the pumas have been profiting off mess, that's something we can fix. When we've had ball in hand we moved them around as we wanted and created heaps of opportunity.
They haven't created much from phase play or sustained pressure. Turnover mistakes and contestable kicks.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
The front row backup is too unexperienced at test level, I can't see how WBs could win this one

dru

Tim Horan (67)

Absolutely. They are making hay in unstructured play. Then they use an accurate high ball to create that opportunity. Add in some back to back penalty scenarios and that is the first half.

Oh, add poor set piece handing possession over by Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.