• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Argentina v Australia II @ 5.10am 14/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
We are going to miss Quade……again. Hopefully he is back playing as quickly as possible.
The majority of commentary from people in the know suggest he played well on the weekend and was able to get our backline into gear. I agree.
Hope JOC (James O'Connor) can stand up on the weekend and do similar.

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
The player we all think is our first choice 10 tried to offload just outside our try line in the opening minutes of the game.

Yeah, that was the old dear Quade doing silly things at test level. Still JOC (James O'Connor) isn't a safe bet. I prefer Lolo or even Hodge there TBH and develop the young blokes coming through the system.

These would my 3 first-halves choices without QC (Quade Cooper) for the next months:
1- Lolo
2- Hodge
3- Donaldson/Edmed

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Yeah, that was the old dear Quade doing silly things at test level. Still JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) isn't a safe bet. I prefer Lolo or even Hodge there TBH and develop the young blokes coming through the system.

These would my 3 first-halves choices without Quade Cooper for the next months:
1- Lolo
2- Hodge
3- Donaldson/Edmed

Apparently you are divergent from the Wallaby coach. Fancy that.

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
Fainga'a has been ruled out of the test.
Lonergan in and Billy Pollard on bench
:shock:
20220812-151908.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: dru

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Folau out with concussion. Pollard comes on to the bench.

Uelese may now be commited to playing for Samoa, but when I heard pollard was going over my exact thoughts were what if Falou gets injured & now we have to go into a test with 2 blokes that well could be a world beating 1, 2 punch in 5 years but are so far off it currently.

Last week was an all time win, if we get up tomorrow it will be a win for the ages

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Uelese may now be commited to playing for Samoa, but when I heard pollard was going over my exact thoughts were what if Falou gets injured & now we have to go into a test with 2 blokes that well could be a world beating 1, 2 punch in 5 years but are so far off it currently.

Last week was an all time win, if we get up tomorrow it will be a win for the ages
He would hold up the scrum much better than the two young Brumbies. Its going to be interesting. A lot of injuries in training, head knocks in particular. Some thing not right

wamberal99

Charlie Fox (21)
He would hold up the scrum much better than the two young Brumbies. Its going to be interesting. A lot of injuries in training, head knocks in particular. Some thing not right
Size is not everything in a hooker (?) Lonergan weighs 99 kg. Pollard 103. FF (Folau Fainga'a) 106.

Coles weighs 110. Marx 115.

How on earth do we get into this situation? Or more importantly, how do we get out of it?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
It’s almost funny in a way, such a bizarre situation. I wonder if we have a new impartial doctor? Did these injuries always happen but previously were ignored.

Pollard has only been there for a week, there’s a whole another 24 hours to go, are we flying over a 5th hooker?

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
You really think that's the logic for Foketi? Not "he's picked me over an already capped Simone who had a good season, he must really rate me and backs me to perform a role better".

Maybe, maybe not. Who knows really. Surely it's not a good sign already having a plan B on the bench.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
It’s almost funny in a way, such a bizarre situation. I wonder if we have a new impartial doctor? Did these injuries always happen but previously were ignored.

Pollard has only been there for a week, there’s a whole another 24 hours to go, are we flying over a 5th hooker?

What Hookers are left to fly over?

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
What Hookers are left to fly over?
Vailanu at the Tahs went alright at Super Rugby level, miles away from test level though. Kaitu’u? Is he fit? Given they sent Pollard, maybe not. And other than BPA, are there any other Australian hookers playing OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.