• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Argentina v Australia, Mendoza 4/10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Absolutely fucking robbed. Owens clearly affected by the crowd and diving weak as piss Argentina players. A possible suspension offence on AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) completely ignored. A try refused. A yellow on a player who made a legitimate charge down attempt. Fucking laser points. Fuck these divine players, fuck the absolute cocksucker in the crowd and Owens, you made some dud calls and hurt us.
Spot on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

aka_the_think

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I called it last week - Nigel Owens is a complete joke.

What I can't possibly understand is why the IRB would send him all the way from South Africa to Argentina to ref, especially when there was already an international ref in Argentina from the Arg. v NZ game the week before. Clearly they know that he's the best ref if you want to screw over the Aussies, and made sure that they shipped him over at a point where we're most vulnerable.

This can't stand. I have been convinced for the past few years that there's a conspiracy against the Wallabies but I've yet to hear the media ever say a bad word about referring. Us Australians need to take a page out of the Saffa, NZ and NH book by having a huge media beat up about how poor the referring is. We need to have coaches and players taking a stand; we need to have fans angry; we need to have administrators come out in force.

I am sick of it, and to be honest it's completely ruined my passion for this game.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
They should lock the corrupt welshman in a cell, seriously that wasn't a game, that was a training session for Argentina because every time Aus got the ball the prick would come up with a reason to give it back to Argos. And then the laser pointer! But it doesnt help when Mckenzie doesn't know how to use his bench!!
Seriously,plenty of guys in Gold had more influence on Australia getting beat than the ref did.
I thought we could have been carded more than we were.
Just really fucking stupid from our guys.
You work out what his hot spots are,and you make sure you don't infringe there if you want to win the game.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Argentina vs Australia
Detailed Match Report:

lasers_zps5e0aea7b.gif

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Look we weren't good enough to win it, but geez we had it stacked up against us. That doesn't excuse the proliferation of stupid play and poor execution that is plaguing us currently.
I'm not sure what McKenzie is gonna pull out of his arse in the next fortnight, but we are in for a pummelling in Brisbane on this form. We just cannot keep defending for whole games like that.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
I don't understand why Folau thought that his kicks were a winning play. He's a danger man with ball in hand but geez he can put pressure on his support runners. He takes the tackle instead of passing it to Tomane early in the 2nd half in an impossible position & we have much needed front foot ball. Another momentum shifter.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Look we weren't good enough to win it, but geez we had it stacked up against us. That doesn't excuse the proliferation of stupid play and poor execution that is plaguing us currently.
I'm not sure what McKenzie is gonna pull out of his arse in the next fortnight, but we are in for a pummelling in Brisbane on this form. We just cannot keep defending for whole games like that.

There has to be changes, but there aren't many to make that'll make a difference where it counts.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
SANZAR (or whoever is in charge of the RC) need to issue a directive. If an opposition player is targeted by a laser the ref immediately awards the kick as if it had been successful.

That will stamp it out in two seconds flat.

And then the ground staff need it get off their arses and find the pricks with the lasers during the game.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
while owens was poor there is no point in blaming him, as that would give the marshmallowbies a reason to shift some of the blame.

that was an absolutely attrocious attempt to wear the gold jersey. took it too easy after easy early tries and then just allowed the game to fritter away.

the marshmallowbies should be embarassed.

ewen needs to own up to his continuing failure - this is a team that has gone backwards.

JRoss

Stan Wickham (3)
The argies controlled the game, and credit due when they were 14 down, and that 14 came off Argie mistakes...

Wobs have only themselves to blame not Owens. Bad discipline, bad decision making and Folou has been making far too many bad decisions, world class? I don't think so.

Great to see the Argies take a win.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
SANZAR (or whoever is in charge of the RC) need to issue a directive. If an opposition player is targeted by a laser the ref immediately awards the kick as if it had been successful.

That will stamp it out in two seconds flat.

And then the ground staff need it get off their arses and find the pricks with the lasers during the game.

I think that's over the top, pretty good incentive to shine a lazer on your own players then. A re-kick would be a good outcome.

Bear that beat Kobayashi

Bob McCowan (2)
Seriously,plenty of guys in Gold had more influence on Australia getting beat than the ref did.
I thought we could have been carded more than we were.
Just really fucking stupid from our guys.
You work out what his hot spots are,and you make sure you don't infringe there if you want to win the game.

Agreed there was a definite lack of discipline, but the Argentinians must be held accountable for theirs aswell their was multiple occasions of offsides, not rolling and spoiling the ball which was looked past whereas the ref was extremely critical on us. i'm not saying we had a great game i would just prefer if the ref was more even with his decisions

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Kepu and Slipper both look ridiculously tired. Think they've both played 50+ minutes each test this year?

Leave one of them at home or send 6 props on the EOYT, otherwise they'll be burnt out well before England 15

T

Train Without a Station

We played 20 minutes a man down due to rough cards. Makes it hard. Phipps was tackler and there was no ruck. What was illegal? Hooper was attempting a legitimate charge down and was in the air well before the ball was kicked. What has he done wrong? He couldn't have been quicker to try and card Folau who was not even at fault and actually wasn't even trying to tackle in fact.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Well that was painful... I honestly can't believe the three yellow cards - just completely ridiculous from Owens and we didn't deserve to play with 14 men for 30 minutes.

All the same, we can't really blame the ref because we got completely owned in the forwards and our attack just looked lateral and predictable after the first 15 minutes.

All in all I'd say that's probably the worst I've seen the Wallabies play since they lost to Scotland in Newcastle. Just very very dumb rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.