• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Argentinian TRC Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The twenty-six man squad to travel to South Africa is:

Fullbacks: Juan Martín Hernández (Racing Métro, France), Joaquín Tuculet (unattached)
Wings: Horacio Agulla (Bath, England), Lucas González Amorosino (unattached), Gonzalo Camacho (Leicester, England), Juan Imhoff (Racing Métro, France)
Centres: Marcelo Bosch (Saracens, England), Felipe Contepomi (Newman), Santiago Fernández (unattached)
Flyhalf: Nicolás Sánchez (Bordeaux-Begles, France)
Scrumhalves: Tomás Cubelli (Belgrano Athletic), Martín Landajo (CASI)
Backrow: Juan Fernández Lobbe (Toulon, France), Juan Manuel Leguizamón (Lyon, France), Nahuel Lobo (Newcastle, England), Pablo Matera (Los Pampas XV), Leonardo Senatore (Worcester, England)
Second row: Patricio Albacete (Toulouse, France), Manuel Carizza (unattached), Julio Farías Cabello (Tucumán), Mariano Galarza (Los Pampas XV)
Props: Marcos Ayerza (Leicester, England), Matías Díaz (Tequé), Juan Figallo (Montpellier, France)
Hookers: Agustín Creevy (Worcester, England), Eusebio Guiñazú (Bath, England)

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Pretty keen to see Pablo Matera. He was awesome for their U20's last year, thought he had real potential.

Can someone tell me why quality players like Amorosino, Fernandez and Carrizza are all unattached? Very classy players.

Everyone watch out for Juan Imhoff, he's a bit of a freak at times.

masai

Frank Nicholson (4)
May I ask where you got the positional information from?

At first I thought it was very revealing seeing Sánchez the lone five-eighth and Hernández at fullback, but Lobo being listed as a back row implies that this list was compiled by someone rather far from the Argentine coaching brains trust. Lobo is most decidedly a prop.

If the listed positions are not sacrosanct, I wouldn't be surprised to see Amorosino, Camacho or even Bosch start at fullback, and Cabello perhaps seeing more time at blindside than second row.

Santiago

Allen Oxlade (6)
May I ask where you got the positional information from?

At first I thought it was very revealing seeing Sánchez the lone five-eighth and Hernández at fullback, but Lobo being listed as a back row implies that this list was compiled by someone rather far from the Argentine coaching brains trust. Lobo is most decidedly a prop.

If the listed positions are not sacrosanct, I wouldn't be surprised to see Amorosino, Camacho or even Bosch start at fullback, and Cabello perhaps seeing more time at blindside than second row.
UAR.

the same ones that will go vs barbarian is the same as south africa

here is it:

http://www.uar.com.ar/noticias/noticias.asp?idinfo=2041

doesn't says anything about positions.

Is this the season they break their duck?
lol, last one we had a tie if we can have one win it would feel like argie won championship (feels good to be like this)

Pretty keen to see Pablo Matera. He was awesome for their U20's last year, thought he had real potential.

Can someone tell me why quality players like Amorosino, Fernandez and Carrizza are all unattached? Very classy players.

Everyone watch out for Juan Imhoff, he's a bit of a freak at times.

dunno, but amorosino fernandez and carrizza weren't that good lately

juan imhoff can be a monster ifhe wants, yes.

also, new jersey:

http://www.diariouno.com.ar/deportes/Los-Pumas-tienen-nueva-camiseta-20130807-0085.html#
(bad quality)

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
UAR.

here is it:

lol, last one we had a tie if we can have one win it would feel like argie won championship (feels good to be like this)

also, new jersey:

http://www.diariouno.com.ar/deportes/Los-Pumas-tienen-nueva-camiseta-20130807-0085.html#
(bad quality)
Any bolters you've kept track of in the European domestic competitions that we should keep an eye out for? I inquire because of fantasy rugby ;)

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
UAR.

here is it:

also, new jersey:

(bad quality)

If they play for 80 minutes instead of 60 minutes this year they might barge themselves to a couple of wins.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
So I'm predicting
Ayerza, Creevy, Figalo, Albacete, Carizza, JMFL (c), JML, Senatore, Landajo, JMH, Imhoff, S. Fernandex, Bosch, Camacho, Tuculet
Guinazu, Diaz, ??? (who is their 6th front rower Santiago?), Galarza, Lobo, Cubelli, Sanchez, Contepomi

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Lobo is the prop, its just been listed incorrectly.

I'd expect to see Cabello covering Lock/flank with Matera as the loose reserve, seeing as Albacete and Carizza play a lot of the 80min.

Bit of a throw up over Tuculet, Agulla and Amorosino. for fullback.

Think its stupid Contepomi is even included, he is well past his prime. And they don't need him, Sanchez is developing and they have Fernandez and Bosch playing in the centres. Gonzolo Tiesi should of been included over him.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Ayerza will not face South Africa due to injury

I would go with something like this

1 Lobo
2 Agustín Creevy
3 Juan Figallo
4 Manuel Carizza
5 Patricio Albacete
6. JFL
7. Juan Leguizamón
8 Leonardo Senatore
9 Martín Landajo
10 Nicolás Sánchez
11 Juan Imhoff
12 Felipe Contepomi
13 Marcelo Bosch
14 Gonzalo Camacho
15 Maradona aka Hernandez

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
Strange to see Lobo as a flanker... I believe it is a mistake
I believe the fly half to be Felipe Contepomi before he retire more than Nicolas Sanchez who wasn't playing that much with Bordeaux next year.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Surley El Mago is their best option at 10? Injury plagued or not, he's still a lot better than Samchez and Contepomi at this point in time.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Lobo as Flanker has to be a mistake, as otherwise they only have three props in the squad, unless I am going blind, and four are needed for a match day 23. So if one is already injured they will need to draft another in?

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Bath tighthead prop Juan Pablo Orlandi has been recalled due to Ayerza injury. Benjamín Macome has been added due to the injury concern surrounding Pumas captain Juan Martín Fernández Lobbe

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
Strange to see Lobo as a flanker. I believe it is a mistake
I believe the fly half to be Felipe Contepomi before he retire more than Nicolas Sanchez who wasn't playing that much with Bordeaux next year.

He is not the regular 10 with the Racing. Was not in 2012-13 and now with Jonny Sexton, he is fixed at 15

Santiago

Allen Oxlade (6)
I'm sorry i've been off

i had alot of stuff but now i'm back!

Nicolas sanchez it's going to be the kicker due hernandez hasn't been good lately but contepomi it's going to be aswell

I took my time and here is the streams if anyone wants to watch it

http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=215257&part=sports

that one has all the streams in english but if you guys want it in spanish

rojadirecta.me

vipbox eu etc etc

argie gonna go with new jersey and welp, i hope we can do it good now

Status
Not open for further replies.