• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ARU Governance Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Just on the issue of the board not witnessing an influx of fresh blood following the reform, I believe this is due to a clause of the reform which stated existing board members would see out their contracts rather then been replaced immediately.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Just on the issue of the board not witnessing an influx of fresh blood following the reform, I believe this is due to a clause of the reform which stated existing board members would see out their contracts rather then been replaced immediately.

So their contract did not run until the next AGM which happened to be last week. Surely beginning a new 3 year term is a new contract?

p.s. not trying to have a go at you personally TOCC just really upset at the poor level of governance apparent in the ARU at present and the future implications for rugby in this country.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Is there a Gagger who would not take a seat on the board of the ARU if offered?
No - I thought not.
So how come we keep getting blokes who all went to the same school, live in the same suburb and no doubt go to the same places for holidays?

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
So their contract did not run until the next AGM which happened to be last week. Surely beginning a new 3 year term is a new contract?

p.s. not trying to have a go at you personally TOCC just really upset at the poor level of governance apparent in the ARU at present and the future implications for rugby in this country.

I vividly recall Peter Cosgrove (ARU director and co-supervisor of the recent ARU governance review) when, around the time the new ARU governance report was issued, he was asked 'will this new governance regime herald in a change in directors for the ARU?' His reply (paraphrasing): 'Oh no, there is an enormous amount of rugby knowledge around our existing ARU board, we need to preserve that.'

Some of the relatively confusing mumbo jumbo re the ARU governance changes can be found via the link below. Note the ARU was very pleased it would not follow the reconstructed board model overseeing League whereby all directors were to be replaced:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...nce-from-members/story-fn8ti7yn-1226506990169

T

TOCC

My understanding was that some of the directors were still contracted, the following article alludes that only Eales, Mumm and Hawker were up for re-election, Pulver, Cosgrove, Gregan, Robinson, Sherry and Stooke remain from existing appointments.

John Eales, John Mumm and Hawker were re-elected unopposed for further three-year terms - all as independent directors - and stay alongside chief executive Bill Pulver, Peter Cosgrove, George Gregan, Brett Robinson, Ann Sherry and Geoff Stooke.
Hawker paid tribute to long-serving president and former chaiman Ron Graham who addressed delegates for the final time, standing down after more than a decade of service to ARU.
“We sincerely thank him for his dedication to rugby and wish him all the best for the future,” the chairman said.
David Crombie was elected unopposed in the largely symbolic role as president while former Wallabies forwards John Coolican and Tony Shaw will be his vice-presidents.
The Governance review itself called for a 6 man board with the potential for the board to add a further 2 members taking it to 8 in total(currently they have 9), so i expect this board to shrink over the next 18months as people fullfill their commitments.

Status
Not open for further replies.