• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ARU Junior Gold Cup - National Junior Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunny

Ted Fahey (11)
I Must have been wrong about how Bonus point are awarded as U15 WA vs Gold Coast was 20-26 yet WA didn't get a Bonus point? anyone know or understand why? Could come down to Bonus points so would want to check this one out. the cored 4 tries in their 1st game & should read 2 BP from 2 games, 3rd BP tonight vs Logan with 4+ Tries.
I believe you only get a bonus point for winning by 3 tries or more, so their 1st game was a 26 to 14 win, but you don't get a bonus point there.

Christian Cullen

Stan Wickham (3)
after 1 game WA had a bonus point so would explain they 4 try BP but they got nothing for their loss to GC which was less than 7

I have also seen this rule but no idea if it is current or not?

Instead of four try bonus point system, the winning team is awarded a bonus point for finishing three or more tries ahead of their opponents

• Maintains ‘reward for risk’ aspect of matches for full 80 mins

• Currently used in France and in the ARU’s Junior Gold Cup

Im sure I saw WA with a Bonus point after 1 game but who knows now lol if they win good all the way now it will make things very interesting. but im backing White to show the same grit used against GC.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Bonus points , once again , are outlined on page 90

But in summary

3 X tries or more

7 points or less

Exactly the same as Super Rugby Bonus Points

ajb

Frank Row (1)
U17 Pool D @ Ballymore
Full Time
WA15 (12) Bris5 (0)

A real tough game and WA had to defend for large portion of the game.
yes was a hard slog .Unfortunately took a while for brisbane to get their game together.Once they fired wa was having to defend hard.Looked as if wa was running out of steam.Must say all those matchs in short period must take their toll.Brisbane back up on sunday agianst darling downs.Winner faces wa on 15th for place in final am led to believe.The u15 logan side looked outclassed and noticably smaller .Credit to them they tried till the last whistle.

Animal

Allen Oxlade (6)
U17 Pool D: Final Score
WA 29 NP 17.

Was a real tough game and WA had to dig deep as 4th game in 6 days is taking its toll. Ht score was 12:10 to WA and NP score and was ahead with 10 min to play. WA later regained lead with 3 blitz tries.

Now a 2.5hr trip back to base camp with last pool game tomorrow. ☺

Animal

Allen Oxlade (6)
Heard 2 boys from WA were carded for undisciplined play, do standard ARU rules apply and any bonus points awarded for the win will now be reversed?

Sunny they were yellow card and not red.

I don't think BPs will be forfieted also not in previous years.

Usually discretionary Referee BPs mayby forfieted and not score or try related BPs.

I am also pretty sure these two yellows cards are not the first cards in Pool D.

Sunny

Ted Fahey (11)
Just for intrest sake which JGC team do you support?
Logan and Ippy, both have a few boys I know and following their progress, been a hard slog for Logan, Ippy have done really well, unlucky I guess, but there is always next year to have another crack at it.

Sunny

Ted Fahey (11)
Sunny they were yellow card and not red.

I don't think BPs will be forfieted also not in previous years.

Usually discretionary Referee BPs mayby forfieted and not score or try related BPs.

I am also pretty sure these two yellows cards are not the first cards in Pool D.
Oh ok, wasn't sure on all thr JGC rules, I know in some comps a card, either yellow or red can mean a loss of bonus points in some cases.

Christian Cullen

Stan Wickham (3)
Well Done to the WA players both u15 & u17, very hard to play all your games in such a short time, Being a Brisbane Supporter I will be hoping for a White win tomorrow but if WA were to win, we all know it will be well deserved. Good Luck WA but may White continue their unbeaten run.

stratosph3R3

Stan Wickham (3)
Western NSW picked up a bonus point win against Illawarra with the match finishing up 29-14.

ACT Brumbies won in a canter over the Northern Inland boys 53-0. NI showed pluck but struggled to break ACT lines. Compared to previous round Brumbies lacked intensity.

ACT and WNSW with play each other next week - not too sure where the match will be played.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Western NSW picked up a bonus point win against Illawarra with the match finishing up 29-14.

ACT Brumbies won in a canter over the Northern Inland boys 53-0. NI showed pluck but struggled to break ACT lines. Compared to previous round Brumbies lacked intensity.

ACT and WNSW with play each other next week - not too sure where the match will be played.

U15s or U17s?

stratosph3R3

Stan Wickham (3)
Good to see one of the regional centres doing well.

Absolutely. I think most followers would have backed the Rebels to finish in top spot of this pool given the resources at their disposal and their performances in the first two seasons of the JGC. Full credit to the boys from WNSW and their coaching/management staff. Not absolutely sure where the boundaries of this region extend too but it would make training an interesting exercise. They now having bragging rights in NSW has being the best performed U15s team since the competition inception.

It should be a cracker of a game between them and the Brumbies.

The U17s will between Sydney Met West and ACT.

Stripes

Chris McKivat (8)
U17 - Brisbane defeated Darling Downs, not sure of score, which means Brisbane play WA in Semi Finals on Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.