• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ARU Junior Gold Cup - National Junior Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)
Both Western teams lost to Vic today. I don't have the score for the 15s, but it was a good, tight game. The last score I heard was 17-15 Western when I went out to help with the 17s. I know Vic got up, but not by how much.

Not exactly sure of the 17s score either, but it was either 25 or 32 - 5. The Rebels controlled the set piece but the Western boys competed strongly in general play. The biggest difference was the Melbourne outside backs, who were sensational.

Bend Bind and Drive!!

Bob McCowan (2)
any one have a review of the Sydney SH U15 game
South harbour u15 way to strong for South Australia today. Just ran and tackled harder than the opposition which was the key to the win. Unsure of the final score but it was a lot to a little. Played smarter and passed more than last week also contributing to a more positive outcome. Next week should be a interesting match up against Sydney North West for the bridesmaid spot in pool B.

harry247

Allen Oxlade (6)
South harbour u15 way to strong for South Australia today. Just ran and tackled harder than the opposition which was the key to the win. Unsure of the final score but it was a lot to a little. Played smarter and passed more than last week also contributing to a more positive outcome. Next week should be a interesting match up against Sydney North West for the bridesmaid spot in pool B.

you think any one from SH will have a chance a making the NSW team ?

Bend Bind and Drive!!

Bob McCowan (2)
you think any one from SH will have a chance a making the NSW team ?

its not my style to name names so I won't reason being is that I don't really agree with people pumping young players tyres up it puts extra pressure on them and I can see as many bad things in a player as there is good things. To answer your question though being as open and honest as I can and in my humble opinion there is about 4 or 5 that could push for a spot in that team. Its a big year for this age group with many opportunities to impress and it is early days, we'll see just have to see what the selectors think.

Animal

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hot day out at Logan.
WA 42
CQ 27

WA squandered a 35-7
half time lead, playing with 13/14 men cost WA.

Sunny

Ted Fahey (11)
Tough weekend ahead for WA, best of luck hope you enjoy Qld.
Keep us up to date with your scores.
Cheers :)

Animal

Allen Oxlade (6)
Thoughts Animal on who will challenge WA if any

From the u15 pool results so far Gold Coast and Logan will be the obvious two toughest games. I cannot distinguish between the two and having only seen the Logan / Bris Orange game, Logan is a tough nut with their big units upfront and speed out wide. Also have a big centre pairing.

U17. Don't know the WA players that well and Logan looked very good on Sunday and their scores reflect this.

Intresting days and match up's ahead.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Didn't make Brissy Pink game, how'd they go?

U17 game against Ipswich was 12 all.
Unbelievable at the end. An Ipswich player ran up behind the Brisbane Pink flyhalf as he was walking back to his position, and threw a full on punch to the back of his head. Completely a red card offence.
The ref called in the assistant refs, had a discussion, and awarded a penalty to Ipswich.
I asked the Brisbane Pink trainer after the game finished why a penalty went the other way, and he said there was third party interference by a pink player.
I can only assume that none of the referees actually saw the punch thrown, although it was out in the open & you could hear it across the ground.
If the penalty had gone to the Brisbane Pink as it should have, on the 22 metre line straight in front of the posts, in all likely hood the Brisbane Pink would have won.

Bulldozer

Frank Row (1)
U17 game against Ipswich was 12 all.
Unbelievable at the end. An Ipswich player ran up behind the Brisbane Pink flyhalf as he was walking back to his position, and threw a full on punch to the back of his head. Completely a red card offence.
The ref called in the assistant refs, had a discussion, and awarded a penalty to Ipswich.
I asked the Brisbane Pink trainer after the game finished why a penalty went the other way, and he said there was third party interference by a pink player.
I can only assume that none of the referees actually saw the punch thrown, although it was out in the open & you could hear it across the ground.
If the penalty had gone to the Brisbane Pink as it should have, on the 22 metre line straight in front of the posts, in all likely hood the Brisbane Pink would have won.

Any chance you saw the number of the punching player form Ipswich?

Vintage Red

Herbert Moran (7)
Just had a quick look at the U15 Points Table (which includes Week 4 results) ... and unless I am missing something, the totals for Pool A appear to be wrong.

SNH should have received 2 bonus points (given they scored 4 tries and loss by less than 7) for their loss to Victoria, which should take them to 17 points??

I also suspect that Victoria are also missing a "few" bonus points as they are only credited with 1 bonus point for scoring 3+ tries, and given their results, I suspect this "light".

http://www.rugby.com.au/tryrugby/PathwaytoGold/Results.aspx

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)
I was under the impression that the bonus point for "3+ Tries" is three more than your opponent - as it is in the NRC - rather than a 4 try bonus point. That would likely fix the maths.

Is anyone 100% aware of whether that's the case?

Heavens game

Allen Oxlade (6)
I was under the impression that the bonus point for "3+ Tries" is three more than your opponent - as it is in the NRC - rather than a 4 try bonus point. That would likely fix the maths.

Is anyone 100% aware of whether that's the case?
True assessment you must win by 3+ Tries for bonus point

Status
Not open for further replies.