• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ARU Junior Gold Cup - National Junior Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunny

Ted Fahey (11)
Looks like there were a couple of cracking games in the 15's on the weekend, well done boys.
Must say, pool C looks very close indeed, Brisbane Gold, Blue and Ippy seem to be in a real slug out for the top spot.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Quite right Sunny

Pool D looks like a similar slugfest with White and Gold Coast having probably equal claims and the lads from Western Australia carrying some reputation

Sunny

Ted Fahey (11)
Was an unfortunate witness yesterday to one of the worst displays of sportsmanship/abuse of officials/foul language and inappropriate behaviour by a rugby coach ever!
A grandiose hand gesture of f--k you to a stand full of spectators incl parents/grandparents/children- was the icing on the cake!
The boys of U15 Ipswich team deserve applause for their win regardless of this appalling display. This is the first gold cup game I have watched but am hoping that this is not the norm for bris rugby? Verguenza!
Sorry to hear that Alex, mate I'm not clear on which teams official was being unsportsmanlike from your post?
Such behavior is not acceptable and should be reported.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
There is a broader issue , across all sports and at all clubs , of misplaced passion and improperly channelled intensity.

And if we're honest we've all seen it . And unfortunately , all too frequently.

Tennis , as a sport , does it right - and this probably has one of the highest elements of complete nutter parents that are well handled by the Game's Administrators

Calling out inappropriately or behave like a buffoon that impacts the enjoyment of the contestants or those viewing the game - and you will be asked to leave . Won't leave ? Well that's fine .........then the Ground Officials will give behaviour code violations on your child until you leave the grounds that costs them game points , until , they eventually lose a match and possibly "outed" from their next match.

And then on top of that you are on a watch list and banned from entering junior tournaments for a set period

I also remember seeing a news article a year or two ago where a junior soccer club out at Richlands was enforcing a total silence policy on the sidelines so the kids could play in peace without the bellowing from parents and/or Coaches trying to coach from the sidelines.

With the increasing element of sideline brawls in junior Rugby League and AFL ( but thankfully not in Rugby yet if I am correct ) perhaps the Administrators need to step up in the implementation and enforcement of a parental / coaching conduct code that has real consequences

And there is no use throwing a singular person under the bus as it is a much bigger issue at every age group level and at every school and club

Let he / she who hasn't sinned cast the first stone !

Boom Crash

Stan Wickham (3)
Was an unfortunate witness yesterday to one of the worst displays of sportsmanship/abuse of officials/foul language and inappropriate behaviour by a rugby coach ever!
A grandiose hand gesture of f--k you to a stand full of spectators incl parents/grandparents/children- was the icing on the cake!
The boys of U15 Ipswich team deserve applause for their win regardless of this appalling display. This is the first gold cup game I have watched but am hoping that this is not the norm for bris rugby? Verguenza!

Alex I was at that game siting behind the referee's coaches and next to the Ipswich Coaches Tent.
I did not see or hear any of this. I could hear discussion and talk of strategy.
I also heard the coach yell out "they have to role away" . I did see the fist pump by the coach at the end of the game it was not a "F#ck You".

What I did see and hear was the young referee talking to his coaches almost in tears complaining that the Blue teams coaches called him a "f#cking disgrace" and a player called him a "F#cking Cheat".

Perhaps a case of a silvertail parent being upset about the Fibo's getting one up.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
OK lets end the he said, they said about Crowd/Coaches/Player behaviour. It will end in tears.

"Reporting" poor behaviour by players, supporters, coaches, spectators or match officials deep inside G&GR forums will not change one thing, and it only ends up in arguments.

If you are concerned about the inappropriate behaviour of a person at a Rugby Match, then either confront the person there and then and ask them to desist, or if that is likely to inflame things due to the behaviour of the person in question, then register your complaint with a match official, team manager, ground marshall to take appropriate action, or make a phone or email complaint to the organisation running the match about the behaviour.

The alleged incident at the Ipswitch match is closed.
Further discussion about the incident will be deleted, and cards may be issued.

Prince Henry

Fred Wood (13)
I just want to compliment and congratulate the Sunshine Coast under 15 team on their actions at the completion of yesterday's game. Despite a heartbreaking loss, (when the Brisbane Gold team kicked a short range penalty goal to break the 10 all deadlock) to a man they congratulated each other and their opposition on a fiercely fought but very fairly fought game. Well done boys!

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Yes.

Well done to the Sunshine Coast Team - took a lot of character to come back and give it a good go after a big result against them the previous week.

Sunny

Ted Fahey (11)
The boys across all pool's are displaying some grear character as well as putting on some top rugby, really looking forward to the next few rounds.

Sunny

Ted Fahey (11)
Oh yer, looking over the results so far, seems the old bonus points might just come into play somewhere down the line?

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Slightly interesting when you look at the mix of AIC Boys and GPS Boys on the 3 x Brisbane U15 Teams

Blue seemed to be more AIC dominant with 50% of their squad AIC boys , 30% GPS boys and the rest State or other Colleges

This mix is flipped around the other way on the Gold and White teams

Yet , from the games I've seen the players that I've noticed more are mainly AIC Boys or from Non AIC/GPS Schools.

Lute

Chris McKivat (8)
Slightly interesting when you look at the mix of AIC Boys and GPS Boys on the 3 x Brisbane U15 Teams

Blue seemed to be more AIC dominant with 50% of their squad AIC boys , 30% GPS boys and the rest State or other Colleges

Yet , from the games I've seen the players that I've noticed more are mainly AIC Boys or from Non AIC/GPS Schools.
Could it be that the GPS boys don't weigh the Jgc as highly? as others??

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Could be.

Although there are some quality U15 GPS Schooled Boys running around across the 3 x Brisbane Teams . I just don't know that the same depth is there in comparison to the AIC Boys

I note with interest that the Gold Team and the White Team have a few players running around from U14 GPS level who are more than handling their own against the best of them

Having said that I was also very impressed with Blue's U14 AIC young lads. Very good players.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
And so as not to make this an AIC / GPS thing ..........a particular shout out to White's No 9 - non GPS or AIC aligned . Great game against Northern NSW a week ago. One of the better No 9 games I've seen so far. Well done fella.

Sunny

Ted Fahey (11)

This is what JGC is supposed to be all about, giving opportunity to all. As some may know, there is plenty of talent running around that the GPS or AIC schools my have missed due to many reasons, but it's good to see others like yourself Gary are seeing this too.
As for GPS boy's choosing or maybe being told not to play JGC, well it's a legit pathway to Qld and they do select a state squad, so what kid wouldn't want a state gurney?

Status
Not open for further replies.