• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ARU looking for website designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
don't they have any succession planning for their website either?

If you read the job description the current web designer is moving into a director f website design role, helping the new designer out by being on hand to tell him passwords to certain programs, introducing people around the office and informing the incoming designer if nicknames and there origins as well as teaching important office extensions such as Jill in the cafeteria so you can ore order your latte.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
There will be a plethora of ARU jobs coming to market now that Totality Tony has had a good look at what he does and does not want to around the place.

Re the players doing the website. The overwhelming number of topless photo's they would post of themselves and other elite players in hot tubs and standing in waterfalls and what have you would attract greater interest from the Gay and Woman communities. May do a lot to extend the games reach.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think that the ARU should be complimented on their candour:
The ARU is a not for profit organisation ...
Well that's one KPI they should have no difficulty in meeting.
... both verbal and written communication skills are absolutely paramount.
However, even if you haven't a clue about the appropriate use of apostrophes don't let that discourage you from applying:
... Mens & Womens Sevens, Australia U20’s ...
A person who would be most likely to apply for this position would be someone whose ideal type of job would be as a "full time job ad":
Job Type: Full Time Job Ad
For anyone thinking of applying I don't advise getting your hopes up too much as the positions - there seems to be more than one - may be filled internally. I have a suspicion that the Munster Rugby website was developed and maintained by Totality Tony. On the other hand if he decides to succeed Richard Graham at the same time as holding Robbie Deans's hand, the cross-continental air travel would probably preclude him adding .Net developing to his portfolio of responsibilities.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
I could tell the ARU what they should be doing in terms of rugby presence on the web and social media etc. but they probably hire some 50 year old cenile dude who was the cousin of JON to do it.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think they're going for the reverse of the Waratahs model.

We're going to get people on lucrative three year contracts to fix the website and an unpaid intern playing on the bench for the Wallabies.

Applications for the Wallabies bench spot are closing soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.