• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ARU moves to kill off club player payments: A 3rd tier, club rugby and the $60k persuader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Not surprised, I've also seen the Pulveriser at a few places, but yet I haven't seen him behind a BBQ turning snags, or trying to sell a raffle ticket.

I have known of CEO's from more important organisations than the ARU who have not been afraid to work the BBQ.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Not surprised, I've also seen the Pulveriser at a few places, but yet I haven't seen him behind a BBQ turning snags, or trying to sell a raffle ticket.

I have known of CEO's from more important organisations than the ARU who have not been afraid to work the BBQ.
Give him a break HJ.
Maybe he works the BBQ at one of his other kid's sports because he heads up that son's sport nationally so it balances things out.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Fair call.

He is open to normal sideline banter at Angus's games, just like any other Dad. That is to his credit, and I'm pretty sure that some real pratts must bail him up on the sidelines at times.

Somehow I just can't picture J O'N walking the sidelines at a suburban oval.

As I know some CEO's that will do BBQ duty, I know plenty of other CEOs that would struggle to know the name 3 of their sons team mates or the Coaches name. BBQ duty - Ha, you gotta be joking. To do BBQ roster, you actually have to turn up to the game.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I'd be surprised if he needs other parents to tell him about the lack of a pathway given that his own son played oz schools then u20 and, unless things have changed since I was involved in colts, plays his home games for 2nds colts on the somewhat barren St John's "Oval".
Cynic though I am I'll give him a pass for what he said and a credit for how he said it.
He said nothing expressly about the issues raised by the title of this thread but I sensed the realization that in the form proposed it wasn't doable on the $$ terms he had in mind.
Do we all feel that he is talking to us, unlike his predecessor who talked at or about us (particularly in a context like 3rd tier): I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.