• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AUS IRB World Ranking drops to 3rd behind NZ & SA - Ireland up to 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Sorry if this has been picked up already elsewhere.....

Checking latest news with my IRB phone app and noticed Australia ranked as third - double checked on the IRB website proper and surely enough....looks like the loss to Ireland cost us one position in the world rankings, now positioned behind 1.NZ & 2.SA. Ireland's win lifted them into 6th. Will be interesting to see where we end up by the end of the tournament - #1 hopefully.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Why do you fellas care about these rankings? We are in the middle of the RWC, that is the only ranking that matters and the RWC champions are just that until the next RWC, the rest is a load of bollocks thought up by a rake of geeks with way way too much time on their hands. You are tri nation champs because you won games of rugby not because some twat said you have the highest ratings.

A

Army_Gav

Canada 11th! Ahead of Samoa, Tonga & Fiji. Here come the Canucks

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
paddy i care so much because for the last few months we have been #2, when we should have been number 1
and now we are #3
hell that goes for the last 10 years

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
paddy i care so much because for the last few months we have been #2, when we should have been number 1
and now we are #3
hell that goes for the last 10 years

How the he'll do we deserve too be no 1 ( Australia). I think 2nd or 3rd is deserved.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
How the he'll do we deserve too be no 1 ( Australia). I think 2nd or 3rd is deserved.

shiggins if you read my post i never suggest we deserve to be number 1
i simply sugest we 'should' be number one> take that anyway you want

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I reckon the North will have closed the gap with the South by the end of the tournament. It seemed clear to me that the TriNations were a little overvalued, and the RWC should provide some correction.

Status
Not open for further replies.