• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aus vs NZ - 1st Test Sydney 17Aug2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Well, we got what we asked for and now we are surprised.

An Australian coach
Plenty of in form Ponies in the Squad
QC (Quade Cooper) back in the 23

Personally i think the problem is not enough brumbies. Their coaching assistants, physios, waterboys, chefs and drivers are all clearly in form and must be given ARU contracts.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think it was a bit naieve to expect sudden change............

First match with a new coach, with new players against the world's best team.........

We kept up for a good part of the match but the AB's class and experience was too much in the end.........

I wouldn't expect wholesale changes next week..........

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Not many positives fir the wallabies out of tonight's performance.

I don't think NZ actually played that well either, which makes it all the more troubling for the Wobblies.

QC (Quade Cooper) is very slow, he really needs to do the sprint training properly.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Simmons has been one of the better players. Line out steals, running.. Watch the reply not judge off one penalty

It was the turnover that nearly led to a try, followed by the penalty that lead to an extra 3 points that bugged me.........

Did redeem himself slightly with a lineout steal a bit later on..........

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Problems

• You can't go side to side in the backs without going forward first.
  • No inside running or deception.
  • No cohesion in the forward pack. Did not support the ball runner at all.
  • Did not back up the ball runner in line break situations.
  • Throwing the miracle ball to no support runner.
  • JOC (James O'Connor)'s positional play and Mogg's weakness one on one defence.
Good things

• Michael Hooper and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).
  • Ummmm.
  • Blooded a few new guys.
I wasn't overly optimistic that we would get the result, but the skill execution and intent was worse than I was expecting. But we need to calm down, give EM a couple of years to work out his team and get the tactics right. All of the expectation against a team of ABs who know how to win was a bit OTT in my opinion.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'm sure Link knew he had a big task ahead of him, but the performance tonight just made that abundantly clear.

Not many positives for the Wobs. Those who performed well regularly under Deans were probably the best players for the Wobs tonight while the others need a hell of a lot of improvement.

ABs were very good and made it look effortless. Can't see beyond them to win TRC this year.

Hoping for a complete reversal next week from the Wobs, but I've hoped got an Ireland win against the ABs all my life. So I'm not gonna hold my breath for the Wobs.

I expect the Wobs to improve as TRC goes on and Link's influence has more and more impact.

Vanuatu Chiefs

Sydney Middleton (9)
Might be time to fire up the Wallabies Positivity Thread again.

Hooper & Lealiifano were strong. Would love to see us get Folau more involved.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Best two players: Hooper (waratahs). AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) (waratahs).

Just saying

And JOC (James O'Connor) should never have been out there. Never, never, never.

If link wants to start winning, he needs honest toilers like Cummins

-------------------------------------------
I hate autocorrect ...

Reactions: BPC
Status
Not open for further replies.