• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Baa Baa's Vs Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
I wish AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) could defend like he did last night at 13 :( He made Guildford his bitch!

Guildford is brisk, but then so is Rod Davies. (Who I thought had goodish touches whenever I looked down to the laptop and saw him but is a real target for vitriol round here).

Back off topic, Guildford does not seem to challenge too many defenders - which makes you wonder why he is running for the ABs. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) did do a good job bottling him and occasionally overlaps, though.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Didn't see any footage of the game but did Drew Mitchell look as quick & strong as he was before the leg injury, did he go into contact much?

He made a couple of good runs in contact showing some of the balance and power he had pre-injury - I was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't the ABs though. Pacewise - not sure.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
I think everyone is a little harsh on the Baa Baa's.

In true Barb's fashion the game was played that way. Move the ball around and play what's in front of you, it was clear that they wanted to have fun and play a running game. I am sure everyone in the Baa Baa's side had fun in that game.

If they were to have a phase play type game rather than letting the ball do the work the Baa Baa's would have scored a lot more points. If we did that we would not have seen the ball get to guys like Mitchell & Horne who i think we all want to see getting ball given their injuries.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
7,500 at the game in Kingston Ontario which was a bizarre choice for such a test match against the USA.

13,000+ v Italy in Toronto on Saturday night
http://www.rugbycanada.ca/leagues/newsletter.cfm?clientID=3817&leagueID=0&page=62102
It was very close till the last 8 mins. DTH van de merwe knocked on in a bit of contact just as he was about
To go over for a try in the 70th minute which would have put us ahead with the conversion.
Pretty good match but too many penalties
Georgia up next in Vancouver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom