• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
Could probs throw Aus u20 flankers Korczyk (Reds) and Hanigan (Tahs) at the bottom of that list but not really important at this stage.

I like that list- Hope Jones gets another shot, but this will be an important year for Holloway, just falling into that age bracket where he will be hopefully playing his best rugby towards 2019. 195cm & 113-115kg, he's got the dimensions at the very least for that like for like position.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
That's a very good list of current and future 6/8s. All of them exceptional talents. Long term, I think Holloway will probably be the outstanding player, but I'd expect youngsters like Hanigan, Korczyk, RHP and Fakaosilea to all make or be very close to the Wallabies. And Cusack has been very impressive in the 7s.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
I still see Reid as a 7, has the mongrel and physical presence to (IMO) be the no.4 'traditional' openside flanker in Aus, behind Pocock (1), Hoops (2) and Gill (3).

Lopeti will hopefully get a consistent injury free run and a chance to play @ 8 for the Rebels. I'm a huge fan of his ability to lay people out, he is a hit merchant, not a workhorse. As Wycliff Palu (very roughly, and may not have actually) said, "I don't rate my game about how many tackles I make or rucks I get to, I rate it by how dominant I am in those hits I make and at those rucks that I do get to, that's my job".

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Lopeti's great in defence, but has tits for hands. I wouldn't have him anywhere near the Wallabies. Has to be better options than him.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
b2335072e0f4b17f7b3056c83c95b383.jpg

:D:D:D

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
This should be in the Caption that Pic thread.....

After falling asleep in the carpet factory, JOC (James O'Connor) only had time for half a hair cut before having to play....

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
This is alarming to say the least:

Big David Pocock News Coming Out of France
David Pocock has attracted the interest of a number of Top 14 clubs.

snip

Although it was rumoured at the time that that Wallaby flanker had received an offer from Bordeaux, nothing had transpired since then.

However this morning, French media have been reporting that Pocock has received offers from a number of clubs, with Toulon leading the charge for the Brumbies openside according to La Provence.

Nevertheless, Rugby World journalist, Gavin Mortimer has also claimed that Bordeaux, Toulouse and Racing are also competing for Pocock’s signature.

It seems that Wallaby fans will have to get used to the idea of Pocock playing abroad, with Mortimer reporting that the openside will annouce his decision ‘in the coming days’.

http://www.punditarena.com/rugby/adrumm/big-david-pocock-news-coming-out-of-france-2/

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
This is alarming to say the least:

I hope this is closer to the truth:

Léquipe -

Courted by many French and English clubs, the third Australian David Pocock line (27, 55 sel.) Has chosen, according to our information, to stay in Australia. Wallaby flanker, repositioned number 8 by Michael Cheika, was shown at the last World Cup in its ability to scratch countless balls in the rucks. His profile interest several clubs including Bordeaux-Bègles, Toulon, Toulouse and Racing, according to several articles of the French and Australian press.

The decision of the Brumbies player to stay in the country may be explained by the fact that it does not has 60 appearances for the Wallabies, threshold below which a player who emigrates can not play for the national team.
http://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites/David-pocock-ne-viendra-pas-en-france/624777

T

TOCC

Shit, if Pocock went overseas the ARU would either lower the threshold to his Test count or find another clause, like anyone with a surname which rhymes with 'Bocock' is still eligible.

It's an arbitrary figure and players know this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mst

dru

Tim Horan (67)
If we can find big money for League converts like Folau when funds were tougher, and I'm glad did, Pocock should be a target for the ARU at a time where we have a couple more coins.

Get going ARU.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
While as a Wallabies' and Brumbies' fan I'd like to see Poey stay, if he and his partner wish to savour the tastes and pleasures of living in France (or elsewhere) in 2017, I for one can live with that.

I would like to see him back for tests though.

Reactions: mst