• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Initially, I didn't mind it Paul's move. I like forwards getting some northern hemisphere experience but when he decided to stay and then get capped by Samoa I couldn't believe it.

Good for him. Proud of his heritage and got the opportunity. Moses would be the same.

They got scholarships at school, I assume, so it’s all about taking their opportunity.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Ed Kennedy from Randwick has signed a 3 year contract to play for Scarletts in Wales. Ed is a lock about 23 yeard old and got called up to the Sydney Rays NRC squad last year. Another one deemed not good enough for a professional contract in Australia yet signed overseas.

Linebreaker

Allen Oxlade (6)
Ed Kennedy from Randwick has signed a 3 year contract to play for Scarletts in Wales. Ed is a lock about 23 yeard old and got called up to the Sydney Rays NRC squad last year. Another one deemed not good enough for a professional contract in Australia yet signed overseas.

So many of them lately

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

23 year old club player and fringe NRC player signs a professional contract overseas? How is Castle still in her job?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Good for him. Proud of his heritage and got the opportunity. Moses would be the same.

They got scholarships at school, I assume, so it’s all about taking their opportunity.

Live with brother as a paid rugby pro in Paris.

Yeah fair enough

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
Nerve damage in shoulder or arm is not that uncommon, but reading the article I suspect this could be really bad. They don't give much detail of the injury but sounds bad.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk
Ahh yes it’s pretty bloody terrible considering he’s been forced to retire ::facepalm:: .......

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Thanks Clone!

cameron clone.png

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
Reading between the lines it sounds like he might have lost the use of his arm, paralysis.

Hope I am over reading it and that is not the case.

I think I read on a Leicester Tigers FB fan page that he'd give a thumbs up with the injured arm, but not entirely sure of that.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Terrible news. I hope he has been planning for life after rugby, something that concerns me about many players. I don't know Rob but as a Tahs and Wallabies fan I've followed his career with interest. He was never guilty of giving any less than all he had.

He got something like 99 in his HSC back in the day, he is a smart cookie I’m sure he will be pretty successful in life post-footy

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
There is a write up in the herald.

1 min into a match and tackle went wrong. Got knocked out.

Stretchered off, and no feeling in the arm.

Do hope he makes a full recovery.

Reactions: dru

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Sounds like a brachial plexus injury. Hopefully not complete. Might recover fully but might be permanent or somwhere in between. Sensible to retire irrespective of any remnant disabilty.