• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Sione Tuipulotu playing NPC for Auckland (along with Anae, Abel and Kata). What is the drum? I thought he was on the path to be a Scotland international earlier this year?

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Sione Tuipulotu playing NPC for Auckland (along with Anae, Abel and Kata). What is the drum? I thought he was on the path to be a Scotland international earlier this year?

Might just be trying to get an extra bit of cash in the tank in the european off season??? purely guessing

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Wouldn't that reset Kara's eligibility..

I believe he got caught under the 5 year requirement as he moved to Aus post 2017 (2020).
He wouldn't be eligible until 2025 (he will be almost 29 at the next World Cup)

He will play for Tonga - maybe even go to Moana if he gets released from the last year of his Brumbies contract (which I doubt)

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I believe he got caught under the 5 year requirement as he moved to Aus post 2017 (2020).
He wouldn't be eligible until 2025 (he will be almost 29 at the next World Cup)

He will play for Tonga - maybe even go to Moana if he gets released from the last year of his Brumbies contract (which I doubt)

Yeah I knew he was 5 years we should let him go play for Tonga and still allow him to play for the Brumbies.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yeah I knew he was 5 years we should let him go play for Tonga and still allow him to play for the Brumbies.

I don't think the Brumbies can afford to lose him, they need him IMO. It's him who may want to move (though Brumbies don't need to let him)

Him playing in Auckland just confirms he is not pursuing Australian eligibility, therefore it make him a logical target for Tonga/Moana for 2023

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
These players not back to have a crack in Moana Pasifika are they? Just been wondering with a couple turning back up in NPC, I bloody hope so, makes it worth the effort of having them in Super I think.

Kata might in the future - would be a logical target for them but not for 2022. NPC is also better then pre season in Brisbane. With lockdowns stopping prem grade and some guys looking to up their game - its potentially worth going there for a long term gain

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Lachlan Miller looks set to sign with the Cronulla Sharks:

Most of his background was in league before joining the 7's program so it's not too surprising, but I do think it's interesting that the Gilitini's were talking to him but the Tahs weren't.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Lachlan Miller looks set to sign with the Cronulla Sharks:

Most of his background was in league before joining the 7's program so it's not too surprising, but I do think it's interesting that the Gilitini's were talking to him but the Tahs weren't.

To play where? He was a league halfback and I'm not sure where he'd fit in playing XVs.

He's also 27.

Would have been a weird player for the Tahs to chase on anything more than a minimum contract (which I'm guessing he wasn't keen on). Even then, it probably wouldn't have been a good option.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
He not looking for a super spot with MP (Moana Pasifika) is he? Would be great if that was a reason.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
i suspect it isn't the aussie ST he is still playing in Glasgow or was last week
Unknown.jpeg

Wilson

David Codey (61)
To play where? He was a league halfback and I'm not sure where he'd fit in playing XVs.

He's also 27.

Would have been a weird player for the Tahs to chase on anything more than a minimum contract (which I'm guessing he wasn't keen on). Even then, it probably wouldn't have been a good option.
Yeah, that's fair. I'm not suggesting the should have picked him up, certainly not at any great expense, but there is a need for experienced backs and I sort of expected they'd be talking to (not necessarily signing) just about anyone they could at the moment. It's probably the mention of the Giltinis in particular that made it interesting - how much of their forward planning has moved away from what Coleman would have been putting in place? That said it may have more to do with Hoiles' experience with the 7s setup in this situation.