• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
This is a disgrace. I can't believe we're letting the extremely talented *checks notes* Lachlan Shelley head off overseas.

Does anyone know what position he plays?
Need @wamberal input here, for an Eastwood player. And I don't think the initial post was suggesting that this signing was an outrageous oversight by the Tahs, just a request for information.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
A29EB332-9A2D-400F-847E-0D6C0A683B0A.jpeg

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
The Wallaroos and 7s are going to be all but destroyed as the NRLW keeps getting new teams.

6 teams currently with the plan to have 10 by 2023. They'll want all 16 by 2025/26 at whatever cost. Rugby will just have whatever League don't want if they don't do something quickly about it.

Might get lucky and have some come back to play 7s at Olympics and Comm Games at best.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Yep - it has been mentioned on some of the 7s threads I think, but the pay disparity between Super W and NRLW is mammoth at the moment. Throw in the equal pay for women's state of origin selection and a player can make more money playing one rep game in the NRLW than an entire season of Super W.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Chances of rugby signing Matt Burton probably went from slim to very unlikely this week.

Bulldogs have announced Cam Ciraldo as their head coach going forward, he has a great relationship with Burton from their days at Penrith and reports are was the final piece of the puzzle to the Dogs signing Burton to a long term deal.

Anyone watching the NRL over the next few weeks should keep an eye on Will Penisini, I know we discussed him a few weeks ago, but I'll be interested to see if he steps up for the Eels in their push towards to the finals. I think he should firmly be on the RA radar.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
Chances of rugby signing Matt Burton probably went from slim to very unlikely this week.

Bulldogs have announced Cam Ciraldo as their head coach going forward, he has a great relationship with Burton from their days at Penrith and reports are was the final piece of the puzzle to the Dogs signing Burton to a long term deal.

Anyone watching the NRL over the next few weeks should keep an eye on Will Penisini, I know we discussed him a few weeks ago, but I'll be interested to see if he steps up for the Eels in their push towards to the finals. I think he should firmly be on the Rugby Australia radar.
Never really thought Burton would. The money he would cost would be unreal for a guy we can't decide he best position.

Big fan of Penisini. Think he'd be most comparable to Ngani Laumape in his 1v1 ability but probably has slightly better hands than Laumape.

If there was one league player I'd give them the cheque to fill out themselves would be Sua'ali'i. I know it's the most obvious statement ever but he is dominating games at the moment. Countless threads are talking about who should be the Wallabies 15. The conversation would be over is Sua'ali'i was in Gold.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Never really thought Burton would. The money he would cost would be unreal for a guy we can't decide he best position.

Big fan of Penisini. Think he'd be most comparable to Ngani Laumape in his 1v1 ability but probably has slightly better hands than Laumape.

If there was one league player I'd give them the cheque to fill out themselves would be Sua'ali'i. I know it's the most obvious statement ever but he is dominating games at the moment. Countless threads are talking about who should be the Wallabies 15. The conversation would be over is Sua'ali'i was in Gold.
Until he got injured.