• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
I’m pretty certain Meafou was training with the Rebels at one stage, they nicknamed John Coffee after the character in the Movie The Geeen Mile

Alex Ross (28)
I've said it a million times before and I'll say it again... we need more teams = more pro contracts.
More teams isn’t necessarily the answer. Look at the number of teams in Super Rugby now but the season is so short because they try wrap it up to not interfere with tests.
Simply run a full season of home and away games and don’t stop while the tests are being played. Squads will need to hold onto more players to cope and those players will get a chance to do more than just hold tackle bags for the games while the wallabies are off in camp. Plus, more Rugby.

it’s win, win, win!

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
More teams isn’t necessarily the answer. Look at the number of teams in Super Rugby now but the season is so short because they try wrap it up to not interfere with tests.
Simply run a full season of home and away games and don’t stop while the tests are being played. Squads will need to hold onto more players to cope and those players will get a chance to do more than just hold tackle bags for the games while the wallabies are off in camp. Plus, more Rugby.

it’s win, win, win!
NZ won't agree because NPC - i suspect.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Matt Taylor has joined Ricoh Black Rams as defence coach.. He is a quality coach, it's a shame the IP has gone offshore
Yeah tough to lose him, but once the Reds signed Blake he was unlikely to stay. Definitely feels like his departure from the Wallabies could've been handled better and it's a pity they didn't find a way to keep him in Australia - I reckon he'd be a way better option than Nathan Grey as under 20s coach.

Tazzmania

Ted Thorn (20)
AWOL / MIA? Journalist drawing a long bow, London Irish had a bye this week, last played 1 October and only scheduled to play again 14 October.

Curtis is locked in at London Irish and Gold Coast only suggest an interest.

Click bait again from online journalists?

John S

Desmond Connor (43)
AWOL / MIA? Journalist drawing a long bow, London Irish had a bye this week, last played 1 October and only scheduled to play again 14 October.

Curtis is locked in at London Irish and Gold Coast only suggest an interest.

Click bait again from online journalists?
Probably, and I may have fallen for it!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Has anyone else heard anything further with Curtis Rona's deal with Force falling through? (While he's coming back to AUS, may be leaving Union?)

It was reported in the West Australian last month, by the Western Force's own Nick Taylor...

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
There's been a bit of talk in other threads about a lack of quality options at 13 - just saw that Levi Aumua has been named in the All Blacks XV squad and has been tearing up for the Mako. One that got away?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
He's been seen holidaying in Italy on his bye week, I'm jealous. Sounds like he will be moving on end of season just not to WF.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
There's been a bit of talk in other threads about a lack of quality options at 13 - just saw that Levi Aumua has been named in the All Blacks XV squad and has been tearing up for the Mako. One that got away?
On a modern contracting and development timeline, Aumua has taken a long time to 'peak'.

Hard to be too disapointted in this one considering he likely wouldn't crack the All Blacks until he's turned 28.

A bit different to losing a young bloke who then turns out for another nation the following year.

EDIT: I will say though, I believe Kerevi and Aumua both played together at GPS, would have been interesting for them to turn out at 12 and 13 for the Wallabies years down the track. Aumua was playing in the forwards whilst at GPS I'm fairly certain.