• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia A - Back on the Cards

Namerican

Bill Watson (15)
While I'd like to blame the players, it also looks like a team that has no idea how they are supposed to be playing rugby. Everyone seems totally unsure of themselves. Given how many veterans are in the squad that seems unusual. They look like an unusually fit/athletic local club side.

Massive errors by Gordon, Swinton, Campbell, Foley, #8, O'Connor. Basically everyone except O'Toole because the ball has never been on his side all game.

The only positive is that Tupou seems to be scrummaging fine. And Fainga seems like he always does. I like Swinton's aggression, he's done well in contact. But got a dumb penalty and then overcompensated by not coming off the scrum whatsoever. But he is the only guy that looks like he's actively trying to impress.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
While I'd like to blame the players, it also looks like a team that has no idea how they are supposed to be playing rugby. Everyone seems totally unsure of themselves. Given how many veterans are in the squad that seems unusual. They look like an unusually fit/athletic local club side.

Massive errors by Gordon, Swinton, Campbell, Foley, #8, O'Connor. Basically everyone except O'Toole because the ball has never been on his side all game.

The only positive is that Tupou seems to be scrummaging fine. And Fainga seems like he always does. I like Swinton's aggression, he's done well in contact. But got a dumb penalty and then overcompensated by not coming off the scrum whatsoever. But he is the only guy that looks like he's actively trying to impress.
I thought O'Toole got burnt on the outside for that first try. He looked small and light.

Swinton also got pinged for a not rolling away fast enough too, but if you watch him he's got a high involvement and is very heads up in the defensive line.