• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia A v Japan XV matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCT

Herbert Moran (7)
Thoughts on Vunivalu? From what I saw in the 1st half (didnt see all of it) he got ball this week but couldn't seem to make much impact Defensively he seemed weak and confused about where to position himself. Just ran into defensive rucks and not much else. Was there something I missed?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Thoughts on Vunivalu? From what I saw in the 1st half (didnt see all of it) he got ball this week but couldn't seem to make much impact Defensively he seemed weak and confused about where to position himself. Just ran into defensive rucks and not much else. Was there something I missed?
He got yanked because he was playing terribly. He looked a lot better in his first season for the Reds. He clearly needs consistent Super Rugby before he's in the conversation for test rugby.

Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) is well ahead of him. And maybe even Piestch.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Banks and Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) on the tour ahead of Vunivalu for mine. Thought Donaldson was a bit indifferent, Edmed is certainly the stronger runner, but not particularly creative. Neither 9 is anywhere near the top three, centres were solid enough but no more. Of the forwards, Lonergan, Eru and Hanigan were the three that impressed me, would be happy to see any of them on the tour. Scott is a good prospect, I guess the question is how much game time he will get at the Brumbies with Valetini and Samu ahead of him.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Massively successful tour in my eyes. Just to come back there in a dead rubber match, they could've packed it in and said we've won the series who cares job done already.

I'd even put Pietsch ahead of Vunivalu. Doesn't get as many opportunities but seems to always make a positive impact with the ball and don't recall many errors if it all.

Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) is just electric with the ball in hand now, powerful in contact and always gets an arm free.

Rugby King

Sydney Middleton (9)
Not good

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
Massively successful tour in my eyes. Just to come back there in a dead rubber match, they could've packed it in and said we've won the series who cares job done already.

I'd even put Pietsch ahead of Vunivalu. Doesn't get as many opportunities but seems to always make a positive impact with the ball and don't recall many errors if it all.

Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase) is just electric with the ball in hand now, powerful in contact and always gets an arm free.

I think this just shows how important these games are.

For this group to get some difficult footy and learn from these opportunities is great for our Wallaby depth. Even if only one or two make the transition from here to the wallabies it will be beneficial.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Also if anyone thinks Japan is poor atm, they lost 42-23 and 20-15 to France. It wasn't a full-strength France but it was much closer to full-strength than France A if you get me.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
You can never let that many points in and expect to win but Aussie A copped it pretty hard. That last turnover the Japan player didn't even touch the ball when trying to pilfer.

Aussie defense shocking. Attack pretty one dimensional as well

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Well Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) is pretty damn good with ball in hand, so strong in contact and always get's an arm free to offload.

I think Uru was pretty good too. I like him as an option at 6 now, and he can be used in the line-out effectively too!

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Fantastic game to finish what was an excellent series. I think the Wallaby selectors will take a lot away from that. It's this kind of hard match play that accelerates the development of young blokes and you always hope that a group of the cohort advance their case for higher honours. I think that's happened here too. Gleeson, Gibbon, Pone and Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) to name a few have done that.

Overall I think the Aus A campaign has been a triumph for the development of our elite players this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.